BCCI threatens to pull out of Champions Trophy 2017 after ICC snub

bowl_out

I don't know, quote me any links if you know. That will make it a fair comparison rather than comparing two countries of totally different cost of living. As an example, the minimum pay for any worker in UK is around 8£ per hour which is 700 Rs. per hour in Indian terms, whereas in India there is not even a minimum pay and many workers will not even make 700 Rs. a day.

It was 35mn.

You can search for it.

Good on BCCI to call attention to the bloated budget padding.  From ~$35m to $135m in 5 years is ridiculous.  Building out offices out of tournament budget is blatantly unethical.  That does not fall under tournament costs - At this rate, BCCI should have improved spectator facilities - seating, bathrooms, etc in all the stadiums during WC 2011 and charged ICC for it.  Each national board is responsible for their local infrastructure, ICC funds should not be misused like this.  BCCI babus are all maha-chor, can't expect them to miss this kind of cheating :D

But threatening to snub the tournament is a bit much. 

2 hours ago, sarchasm said:

How is minimum pay or per capita GDP even remotely relevant? Are you suggesting that cost of 5 star hotel accommodations in India are a fraction of those in England? Or that bus travel by teams in UK would cost more than business class air travel in India? This is without accounting for the fact that BCCI hosted more teams (both men and women) for almost a month, as opposed to this 15 day, 8-9 teams tournament. 

Look forward to your explanation. 

Only travel costs may be less or on par because of the smaller size of country. Other than that cost of living will play into increased hotel costs, pay for all the staffs involved in managing the ground, crowd, advertisements, logistics, to zillions of other things. You need to pay people to do things which will be at the local country’s cost of living, there are no robots working here.

Everything aside all I am saying is that it is difficult to compare costs between two countries because of all the intricacies involved which you are I who do not know the facts can't argue. All we can do is a like for like comparison like for eg. Comparing to the cost of Champions League 2013 in UK as it is the same tournament held in the same country. Malcolm says it was 35 million, if that is really the case then we have a valid base of saying the budget allocation is way high. But again I have searched in the internet for the CT13 budget to no avail and Malcolm has not provided any source for that figure, so right now this figure can't be taken as a basis for comparison.

Edited by Forever Indian

In 2013, ECB asked volunteers and people came forward. If it asks it again, people will volunteer. Cost of running a international match in India and England is generally same (-+15%) as exact same facility is provided. If anything tickets in India are slightly cheaper but aT the same time twice as many fans are accommodated in Indian stadiums , on top of it, there is additionally security cost in India.

only difference is in the salary of BCCI mid management and ECB ones.

Edited by mishra
14 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

1.Manohar cant be trusted.

2.Pull out isnt about the budget.Its about BCCI being denied a seat on finance and the CEOs committee of ICC.

Oh. I thought the problem is budget. And denied? Heard a lot that BCCI themselves are not appointing anyone. 

Edited by sscomp32

Cost of hosting a match in a UK are higher. But so are the cost of tickets...

Cost of travel is cheaper. Rent a bus from point a to point b. Cardiff London and Birmingham within 2 hour bus ride from each other. Much more expensive on logistics when flying involved.

All in all the budget manohar stated makes sense.

Costs need to be compared to 2013 tournament. Inflation has not been high so it should be in the ball park

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

Cost of hosting a match in a UK are higher. But so are the cost of tickets...

Cost of travel is cheaper. Rent a bus from point a to point b. Cardiff London and Birmingham within 2 hour bus ride from each other. Much more expensive on logistics when flying involved.

All in all the budget manohar stated makes sense.

Costs need to be compared to 2013 tournament. Inflation has not been high so it should be in the ball park

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I am saying don't compare Apple and Oranges. Compare with the CT 13 budget, if anyone can provide link to that.