Kabbadi World Cup

Tibarn

I watched every match but i just don't have the excitement now to post anything on icf. 

Everytime i try but get more pissed off and leave. :cantstop: 

As for this KWC this is my review till now. 

Same rules as PKL. 5 points for a win and 1 point to the losing team if they lose by less than 7 points. 

Pool A: IND, KOR, BAN, ARG, ENG, AUS

Pool B: IRN, JPN, POL, KEN, THA, USA

IND lost the first match because we got complacent and got defensive later on. Jang Kun lee shocked the indians and the defensive attitude backfired. Although a minnow but did not get complacent vs AUS and went All out. BAN have kabaddi as their national sport it wont be easy at all. ARG/ENG are minnows. 

IRN: Brutal and ruthless. Reaching finals easily unless we meet them in semis which is more likely since we lost to korea. 

KOR: Great agility, can easily shock IRN if they meet in semis. They will most probably meet JPN which will be a tough match.

POL/KEN: Both are the team with same strength and capability. Not minnow and not powerful too. Good team. Can easily win vs minnows but will need something special to beat big teams. Can surprise the teams reach the semis shocking JPN. IRN is just too invincible for them. 

BAN: Kabaddi is National game. They are a powerhouse and in absence of PAK a top contender for finals. 

JPN: Another powerhouse team. Should easily reach semis barring some upsets. IRN match will be good to watch and will decide who will top the group. 

THA: Good team but got mauled brutally by IRN today. Hope them come good in next matches. Like POL/KEN they can also beat minnows but needs something special beating the top teams. 

ARG: Debutants. The surprise package of this tournament. They are not just here to fill the numbers, they are here to perform entertain and win hearts because they know beating top teams is almost impossible. They way they bounced back v KOR in 2nd half was commendable. 

You can compare them to AFG in cricket. You see the team and you see the spark in them to do well. They have a young team which could become a strong team with exposure. Need some of them in PKL next year. 

ENG: Also a minnow but due to the punjabi culture of circle kabaddi and indian influence, can do well with time. Have some good native british and few good indian players. Matches with minnows will be good but will get mauled by Big teams. I think ARGvENG will be great to watch. 

AUS: Outright minnows. Some retired AFL players, 2 Indian circle kabaddi players and some ex fighters/wrestlers make up this team. Haven't seriously taken this tournament and sport and i think wont do it soon unless they grow someone native to AUS. The attitude of the players looks like they are on a vacation. Good thing they have an ex indian captain as coach in navneet gautam. He was the captain of PKL 1 champions Jaipur. Can do good with proper guidance but i dont feel like that. 

USA: JOKE TEAM. Dont know why they are here and why not SRI/NEP ?? They dont know what to do, treat this as a holiday even better than what aus do. Funky hairstyles and shouts and cheers wont do anything. They dont even have patience to understand basics of game. NFL players, athletics sportsmen and MMA fighters make this team. They need some asian/indian in thier team who will bind thier team well.

Most probably will finish last without any point like AUS. 

Edited by sscomp32

During our current Test match Stephen Flemming mentioned that they have started playing Kabbadi in NZ. It's nice to see an Indian sport spread around the globe.

Hopefully our NRI/PIO brethren in the West take it up seriously and some really solid teams start sprouting up. Canada has a lot of Punjabis, I'm surprised they haven't made a team good enough to qualify for this.   

8 hours ago, Tibarn said:

During our current Test match Stephen Flemming mentioned that they have started playing Kabbadi in NZ. It's nice to see an Indian sport spread around the globe.

Hopefully our NRI/PIO brethren in the West take it up seriously and some really solid teams start sprouting up. Canada has a lot of Punjabis, I'm surprised they haven't made a team good enough to qualify for this.   

Kabaddi is very famous in NZ but its mostly circle style kabaddi famous only in punjabi community. The international kabaddi is not that much famous. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabaddi_World_Cup

1 hour ago, sscomp32 said:

Kabaddi is very famous in NZ but its mostly circle style kabaddi famous only in punjabi community. The international kabaddi is not that much famous. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabaddi_World_Cup

Now that you mention it, I remember watching the circle Kabaddi world cup on youtube. I think Canada, England, and Pakistan had teams there.

Edit:

Looked fun. 

Edited by Tibarn

3 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Thakur is really doing well also

I am happy Anup decided to use the MVP of PKL Pardeep today as main raider. Sometimes Anup takes too much pressure on himself and decides to do the job himself even though the team has fantastic raiders. 

Thakur was good too for a change, last seen him do this well was in PKL2. 

BTW Ken almost defeated IRN. They were just 2 points behind in 38th minute but IRN experience win them the match. 

KEN, ENG and ARG are the teams to look forward if Kabaddi gets proper exposure. I say conduct this tournament every year. 

The basic skill that AUS and USA lack is patience. KEN and POL are also guilty of this but not as much. 

ARG needs experience. Interesting to see who will win in AUS v ARG . 

Highlights here if you can access hotstar: 

http://www.hotstar.com/sports/match-highlights/10914/41

Edited by sscomp32

6 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

I am happy Anup decided to use the MVP of PKL Pardeep today as main raider. Sometimes Anup takes too much pressure on himself and decides to do the job himself even though the team has fantastic raiders. 

BTW Ken almost defeated IRN. They were just 2 points behind in 38th minute but IRN experience win them the match. 

KEN, ENG and ARG are the teams to look forward if Kabaddi gets proper exposure. I say conduct this tournament every year. 

The basic skill that AUS and USA lack is patience. KEN and POL are also guilty of this but not as much. 

That one Iranian player looks really good, sorry I don't remember his name. He had a death grip when he caught other player's ankles, stopping them by himself. 

2 hours ago, Tibarn said:

That one Iranian player looks really good, sorry I don't remember his name. He had a death grip when he caught other player's ankles, stopping them by himself. 

Fazel Atrachali. The best defender in the world currently. He was one of the main reasons Patna Pirates won PKL season 4. 

10 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

PAK,SL and NEP have tobe included if this tournament has to gain popularity...

21 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

Rahul Chaudhry is good but also overrated by the crowd. I guess not overrated by the team which is why he wasnt in starting 7.