So how long is the rope for Saha?

Austin 3:!6

Just now, Muloghonto said:

Except that is a false statement, as Saha has been keeping for only 2-3 years and Parthiv has played with bowlers like Kumble, Zaheer, Harbhajan- who Saha has never played with.

The Aussies vs Indians was an example of why catches/matches cannot be used to evaluate keepers, unless you believe that ALL Indian keepers are worse than ALL Aussie keepers.

No I am not. But Indian keepers had same style of bowling to keep. Saha did not get one style and Parthiv the other.

19 minutes ago, Khota said:

No I am not. But Indian keepers had same style of bowling to keep. Saha did not get one style and Parthiv the other.

Same style of bowling does not mean same bowling. West Indies has same style of bowling today as in the 1990s ( 3-4 pacers + 1 spinner). Does not mean they are the same bowlers.

As I said, your statement that Parthiv kept against the same  bowlers, is incorrect. Even if he did, what type of pitches, etc. makes helluva difference.

Perfect example : that tour of SL where SL killed us in one test by scoring 900 in one innings, then put out a raging turner the next match. How the hell is a keeper, keeping in the 1st test (900+ runs in one innings) have the same catches/match as someone keeping in the next match, where 20 wickets fell and not 6-7 ??

Your catches/matches has more holes in it than grade-A swiss cheese.

Edited by Muloghonto
2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Same style of bowling does not mean same bowling. West Indies has same style of bowling today as in the 1990s ( 3-4 pacers + 1 spinner). Does not mean they are the same bowlers.

As I said, your statement that Parthiv kept against the same type of bowlers, is incorrect. Even if he did, what type of pitches, etc. makes helluva difference.

Perfect example : that tour of SL where SL killed us in one test by scoring 900 in one innings, then put out a raging turner the next match. How the hell is a keeper, keeping in the 1st test (900+ runs in one innings) have the same catches/match as someone keeping in the next match, where 20 wickets fell and not 6-7 ??

Appreciate your patience to respond to arguments like "All Indian bowlers across era are the same"

11 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

As I said, your statement that Parthiv kept against the same  bowlers, is incorrect. Even if he did, what type of pitches, etc. makes helluva difference.

I did it over lots of tests. That minimizes the variatins. i can dig deeper but dont have time.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

I did it over lots of tests. That minimizes the variatins. i can dig deeper but dont have time.

You are making things up now.

20-25 tests spread over 13-14 years versus 20-25 tests in 2-3 years is definition of high varience. We are not comparing two players who have 80+ tests under their belt, where 'things even out'. We are quite literally comparing players who's entire career is equivalent to 2 full seasons of tests so far.

I have given you multiple reasons why catches/matches is a flawed idea and you have not tackled one of them directly.

17 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

You are making things up now.

20-25 tests spread over 13-14 years versus 20-25 tests in 2-3 years is definition of high varience. We are not comparing two players who have 80+ tests under their belt, where 'things even out'. We are quite literally comparing players who's entire career is equivalent to 2 full seasons of tests so far.

I have given you multiple reasons why catches/matches is a flawed idea and you have not tackled one of them directly.

For the same set of bowlers it is a valid reason. You have made up your mind and we are wasting time at this stage.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

For the same set of bowlers it is a valid reason. You have made up your mind and we are wasting time at this stage.

No it is not a valid reason. Because many other factors influence catches/match than just the same set of bowlers. I just gave u an example, where pitch matters. How do you expect a keeper, keeping to the same set of bowlers, to get the same catch/match ratio in a 4 test series, all draws with no test having 20 wickets (of opposition) falling, vs a keeper on a raging turner, where every match has 20 wickets ( of opposition) falls.

Your criteria is complete bakwaas.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Those who have less stumpings don't know how to do stumping lol  What has happened to ICF. It is almost like ICF average IQ dropped 10 points.

It is just one person who is unable to admit he is wrong and just doubling down. In the process he does not realize he is coming across as extremely immature, it's like a kid saying No, no to every fact which is brought up as he wants his own way

Just now, New guy said:

It is just one person who is unable to admit he is wrong and just doubling down. In the process he does not realize he is coming across as extremely immature, it's like a kid saying No, no to every fact which is brought up as he wants his own way

It is like debating with Trump lol

4 minutes ago, New guy said:

What you called facts are not yielding results.

Vijay is the greatest.

Dhawan outscores him. fact.

Show me your facts that have yielded any results. If your yield is nothing you have no facts.