Cashless / Digital Transaction

tweaker

Cobrapost–India News Exclusive: Operation Black Machine

Our investigation reveals that these swipe machines sold unscrupulously by private companies can be had by bullion trade, NGO and hawala operators who can put them to good use and beat the system. Even someone who is running a sex racket can avail himself of this tool to ply his trade with impunity. Let us show you a guideline of the Indian Overseas Bank, for example, which clearly states the saving bank account is meant for commercial or business transactions. Now, the question is how private companies can so easily sell their swipe machines to such individuals on the basis of their saving bank accounts.  

http://www.cobrapost.com/news/cobrapost-india-news-exclusive-operation-black-machine/23285

On 12/30/2016 at 11:11 PM, Singh bling said:

Today I was at  stationary shop for photocopy,there were two women  were purchasing some gifts when photocopy started of 15 pages  both sides. they asked the amount and shopkeeper said 280 rupees. , they started scanning freecharge code  but it did not happen , shopkeeper told them transfer money  to mobile number , they tried it did not happen , then shopkeeper asked them if they had card they gave it , he also started trying it with his wireless machine but again the transaction did not happen ,so shopkeeper again started photocopying and finished my work .I paid him in cash but those women were still standing their , cashless India  :phehe:

You are so easy to please.

Two women who were new to the digital payment world got stuck and you are:phehe:.

I bet people slipping on banana peels make you.....:rofl:

Edited by radhika

In a move to boost online payment for LPG refill, major oil companies like Indian Oil Corp, Bharat Petroleum Corp Limited (BPCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Limited (HPCL) on Tuesday announced upfront discount of Rs 5 on every LPG refill for their customers.

14 minutes ago, tweaker said:

With an aim to meet the government's vision of digital economy, SBI has partnered with Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages and Coca-Cola India on Tuesday to facilitate digital payment solutions in business transactions. 

The recent partnership between the three companies will enable over 2.6 million retailers and 5,000 distributors to conduct their business transactions digitally. 

"The digital payment solutions in business transactions will help further strengthen our retail chain ecosystem covering over 2.6 million retailers and 5,000 distributors and will substantially reduce the dependence on cash

3 hours ago, radhika said:

You are so easy to please.

Two women who were new to the digital payment world got stuck and you are:phehe:.

I bet people slipping on banana peels make you.....:rofl:

Who told you I am laughing on those women :facepalm: I am laughing on the stupid Govt that is promoting cashless India without infrastructure. And those women were not  even new to digital paym,ent they had freecharge , paytm all installed plus a debit card.It is just that wireless network was not coming.I myself was stuck at several shops like stupid for 5-6 minutes just to pay 50 rupees .

The thing we can do is leave India. This is one most corrupted country I have ever known. But as we cannot leave our family we ought not to leave India and fight like a warrior. These two options we have, whichever we choose, we should stop complaining about the problems afterwards.

I paid thru paytm at the salon, bakery and also to the fruit vendor. Paid through online transfer to the maid. I don't need cash at all, at this rate. I need cash only if I go to the farmer's market. I think urban India has become more cashless than ever before after 8/11.

In one of the book-fairs at work, the wireless card swiper failed to work. He took my e-mail Id and ph# and sent an e-mail with his account details and I did online transfer. I think with majboori, we will find ways to become cashless.

Edited by coffee_rules

16 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I paid thru paytm at the salon, bakery and also to the fruit vendor. Paid through online transfer to the maid. I don't need cash at all, at this rate. I need cash only if I go to the farmer's market. I think urban India has become more cashless than ever before after 8/11.

In one of the book-fairs at work, the wireless card swiper failed to work. He took my e-mail Id and ph# and sent an e-mail with his account details and I did online transfer. I think with majboori, we will find ways to become cashless.

Coffee saab, I thought you were the snooty NRI types!!!

PS: Your work place has a book fair??? I'm sending in my CV.

15 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Coffee saab, I thought you were the snooty NRI types!!!

PS: Your work place has a book fair??? I'm sending in my CV.

Yes, I have come across the snooty types even among non-NRIs here who sit around and b*tch about India endlessly. 

I think most IT/Tech parks etc have book fairs, I have bought books only there and never in stores.  sometimes in amazon. 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

+1

Except for maids ,I have only used rs 20 till now.

Aim is to use only 5000 rs cash this month.I got 20,000 from the bank this month and hope to stretch it for 2-3 months.

The only people who are not using cashless transaction around our place are  Dhoni.,mochi (cobbler) and small repair tailor....but they all  been told to start.All service providers will have to change to cashless option.

We had gone to buy some stuff...his machine connection was not working properly and paytm limit had exceeded.We left the place without buying.Next time he will work harder to maintain the machine. As a customer,if I want to make sure my money is not turning to black money for someone else...I have a right to have that option.We all have the right to not be used by the corrupt.Now we have an option.

I'm suffering a lot ever since the demonetization took place in India. All my expenditure got effected. I abstain from going to market because there is only 50% chance that I would come with the things I wanted as only few people are accepting digital transaction.