ICC: Bucknor NOT to stay for perth....

beetle

Dunno about Bucknor, poor umpire or Uncle Tom? May be he was just a poor umpire who had his worst moments when India was involved. I remember Venkatraghavan giving 5-6 back to back bad decisions against Lara once in the 90s but Venky was still a great umpire those days. Lara was even more unlucky than SRT w.r.t umpiring howlers. David Shepherd was awful against Pak but in our matches I always found him to be an upright umpire. But brown/black players have copped more howlers than the goras after the advent of neutral umpires.... that is undeniable.

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Dunno about Bucknor, poor umpire or Uncle Tom? May be he was just a poor umpire who had his worst moments when India was involved. I remember Venkatraghavan giving 5-6 back to back bad decisions against Lara once in the 90s but Venky was still a great umpire those days. Lara was even more unlucky than SRT w.r.t umpiring howlers. David Shepherd was awful against Pak but in our matches I always found him to be an upright umpire. But brown/black players have copped more howlers than the goras after the advent of neutral umpires.... that is undeniable.

Yes, Technology keeps proving every day of the game the amount of bad decisions being made not only in cricket but even in Tennis. Hawk-Eye in Tennis in particular has brought the reputation down of lot of good chair umpires. The Tennis players are challnging every 2nd call and are winning a lot of times, shows how many calls were bad earlier.

Similarly, in Cricket, a lot of umpires were bad, not only Bucknor. Indians have made him a scapegoat because he gave us some bad decisions during a crucial Australia series. Hence Indians were more emotional. Otherwise, all umpires other than Taufel have kind of equally sucked at International level and not just Bucknor. 

3 minutes ago, goose said:

will never forget or forgive Perth. Symonds was stumped, bowled, LBW, and caught ....before he was actually out. i might be exaggerating but not by much. let's not forget the fat bastard Mark Benson 

That tour was a disgrace , umpiring wise n Aussies chati g blatantly, also they cheated NZ under Fleming of a series win earlier, Aussies are no longer as formidable n one of the reasons is the biased umpiring n cheating by players, also umpires allowing them to curse, be aggressive, but only reprimanding opposition, especially if non white