They are scarred. Will they come back?

rkt.india

2 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Yes O'Keefe looks good and an Aussie version of Jadeja but I still don't rate Lyon much tbh.

Definitely looks the best bowling attack we have faced this season.

Lyon has a 7-fer last time he toured India and that was his first tour

6 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Yes in Delhi .And Krezja had a 8 fer in Nagpur in the previous tour.

But I don't rate neither though.

yes, but Krejza conceded 200 plus runs for that. Someone had to take wickets and he was lucky to got them as Indian batsmen attacked him. There was no such thing with Lyon. He troubled every Indian batsman except Pujara in that game. I rate Lyon more than Ashwin. It is difficult to rate Ashwin at all seeing even likes of O'Keefe are picking up so many wickets on these pitches.

yes, but Krejza conceded 200 plus runs for that. Someone had to take wickets and he was lucky to got them as Indian batsmen attacked him. There was no such thing with Lyon. He troubled every Indian batsman except Pujara in that game. I rate Lyon more than Ashwin. It is difficult to rate Ashwin at all seeing even likes of O'Keefe are picking up so many wickets on these pitches.

Fair enough but I just don't agree with it.

As for Krezja he took those eight wicket against superior batsmen and on a much flatter wicket.

They are not covering the line when playing O Keefe. Every damn batman was dangling his bat playing for the spin while the ball simply rapped on his pads.

What makes it even more sad is that unlike Herath or Panesar who used to turn some deliveries big on turners...O Keefe rarely got that. All we had to do was cut out the straight and slow spin dismissals and forget about the odd one fizzing. But we didn't even do that.

Aus on the other hand schooled us by using proper technique where they covered the line to ensure the straighter and slow spin ones are defended while the ripping turners go past the edge.

Also bat behind pads is stupidity beyond all measure. You cannot play like that in the DRS era.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Both Ash and Jaddu have done well on flatter pitches.

Ash is carrying an injury too

33 minutes ago, Lord said:

Both Ash and Jaddu have done well on flatter pitches.

Ash is carrying an injury too

which flatter pitches are  you talking about? Most pitches in India offer something for spinners. They can be termed flat with regards to pacers but not spinners. There will always be something there.

Just now, rkt.india said:

which flatter pitches are  you talking about? Most pitches in India offer something for spinners. They can be termed flat with regards to pacers but not spinners. There will always be something there.

flatter than Pune one

Like the Mumbai one v England

Ofcourse both need something in pitch to fire,but not excessive

Why we lost?

Firstly, curator putting bounce in the wicket. Their seamers were really brought into the game and that ate into our top order. MKL, we are not 1980s Windies with 4 quicks and 3 to spare. We are India with a pacer in Ishant who after 9 years in international cricket still doesn't know how to pitch a full ball. Indians traditionally play spin and swing well but have always struggled with bounce.

We got worst of conditions- can't help that. Warner and Renshaw's got the best conditions in the match and their partnership gave them a big cushion.

Played two suspect batsmen- Rahane doesn't know the basics of playing spin, this was apparent in his first test match. I know he's arguably our best overseas batsmen, so play him overseas. What happened to horses for courses? Saha is also a suspect batsmen. When you play 5 bowlers your 6 batsmen have to be on the top of their game and not passengers. Bring in Karun Nair please- I said this before start of the test and am sticking by it. Triple centurion FFS.

We dropped Steve Smith so many times. His innings was ultimately the difference.

We were over confident and under prepared. Thinking this inexperience Aussie team would just turn up and hold their butt cheeks open for us. It seems our players have one eye on IPL.

Steve O Keefe is a decent bowler who we don't have much data on or experience against. Maybe an Ajantha Mendis effect.

Ashwin has not been himself. This has been apparent since England ODIs. He needs to sort himself out.

Jayant has just come back from injury.

Shami injured.

Marginal calls i.e. 'umpires call' going against us.

Plans going forward:

1. Rahane out...the guy is confused and needs at least a season in Ranji to figure out his game plan against spin.

2. Nair in.

3. Give Saha one more game as his glovework has been good. 

4. Ishant out . Bhuvi in. Some movement with the new ball and better batsmen and fielder.

If we apply ourselves, we can still win the series. Providing curators dont make tracks that favour Aussies. Less bounce please.