Portraying Indian women as sexually liberated in art

Muloghonto

4 hours ago, diga said:

Was that pun intended :phehe: ?  

Rebelling against convention is considered cool, but staying within the ambit of rules and trying to change the mindset of an entire society gets you much more respect... 

Yeah, this.

12 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

^ Agree. But curiously enough, for some people, the fatalism of smoking is attractive and some cultures still have a 'smoking = DGAF = cool' symbolism. China for eg- practically every guy there smokes or has smoked/tried it.

Smoking is quite an old thing. In villages in UP, you will find a lot of old women smoking small hookas or bidis. It is nothing new. In fact, that practice of women smoking is steadily fading away when it comes to villages. My paternal and maternal grandmother who lived in village both smoked. It is just that new generation thinks, it is something new or empowering for girls.

On 8/3/2017 at 3:01 PM, rkt.india said:

Smoking is quite an old thing. In villages in UP, you will find a lot of old women smoking small hookas or bidis. It is nothing new. In fact, that practice of women smoking is steadily fading away when it comes to villages. My paternal and maternal grandmother who lived in village both smoked. It is just that new generation thinks, it is something new or empowering for girls.

Mine too. They didn't smoke cigarettes or beedi, they smoked those bigger cigars.