How do you go into a tourney with Dinda and Chahar as your lead pacers?!

Ultimate_Game

Just now, tweaker said:

Pune had Shardul, Ishwar,Lockie in the squad, but still they select Dinda

Why???? :confused::dontknow: Why not go with the likes of Shardul thakur who had a decent season or Ishwar Pandey? What exactly does Pune expect Dinda to do? Chahar I can understand as he hasn't had too many chances but Dinda's performances have been on record since ages.

2 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

What's the problem. They still have right batsmen who can cover up for the leakage of runs from Ashok Dinda!!!

That's the RCB model, i.e. focus only on batting with crap bowlers and as the results have shown so far it's not a successful model. You cannot win a tourney when your lead pacers are Dinda and Chahar. Period.

Just now, tweaker said:

Hope they don't repeat the mistake again

I think they have to go with slowish or turning tracks at home with spin as their primary weapon the way Rajasthan Royals or CSK used to do. Thakur and/or Pandey can come in but I doubt they have the pace attack to succeed on a decent batting track. But I would love to see how Thakur performs :agree: 

3 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

That's the RCB model, i.e. focus only on batting with crap bowlers and as the results have shown so far it's not a successful model. You cannot win a tourney when your lead pacers are Dinda and Chahar. Period.

RCb still has an explosive batting

how can u compare gayle kohli abdv to rahane mayank n smith.....huge diff btw s/r

15 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

RCb still has an explosive batting

how can u compare gayle kohli abdv to rahane mayank n smith.....huge diff btw s/r

I'm not comparing the players but the team composition and team selection philosophy, i.e. strong in one discipline (batting) while quite weak in another (bowling). History has shown us that such an approach doesn't work. Just look at RCB who always falter in playoffs with a stud batting lineup coz they son't have a half-decent bowling lineup.