14 hours ago, YCCC said:

Just came to see if the ridiculous neutral ground thing had been scrapped and pleased to see that it has. To an extent at least.

Yes, it has.  Silly experiment.  I don't much like the idea of letting the visiting team "win" the toss by default either.  

Aditya Tare will lead Mumbai into their Ranji Trophy opener against Madhya Pradesh, which begins in Indore from October 14, 

Squad: Aditya Tare (Captain), Surya Kumar Yadav (Vice Captain), Abhsikek Nayar, Akhil Herwadkar, Siddhesh Lad, Jay Bista, Sufiyan Shaikh, Vijay Gohil, Akash Parkar Royston Dias, Minad Manjrekar, Adiyta Dhumal, Shivam Malhotra, Shubham Ranjane and Eknath Kerkar

2 hours ago, tweaker said:

Aditya Tare will lead Mumbai into their Ranji Trophy opener against Madhya Pradesh, which begins in Indore from October 14, 

Squad: Aditya Tare (Captain), Surya Kumar Yadav (Vice Captain), Abhsikek Nayar, Akhil Herwadkar, Siddhesh Lad, Jay Bista, Sufiyan Shaikh, Vijay Gohil, Akash Parkar Royston Dias, Minad Manjrekar, Adiyta Dhumal, Shivam Malhotra, Shubham Ranjane and Eknath Kerkar

Shaw?

7 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Besides Dias, any seamers in there or only Trundlers, trademark Mumbai, even Shaw was around m not sure he would be selected, as nepotism runs rife in Mumbai

Dias is a trundler just that he is tall. Shivam Malhotra, Minad Manjeraker and Aakash Parker are other seamers.

Edited by rkt.india
5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Dias is a trundler just that he is tall. Shivam Malhotra, Minad Manjeraker and Aakash Parker are other seamers.

Wow, I remember when I was in Bombay n used to play cricket there, I used to be perplexed why were the good pacers in shield tournament, Kanga n other tournaments not being picked up, unfortunately the ones who were in the probables n not picked up were far better then the playing 11 such was the state, it's was nepotism n you have to be a certain cast n religion to get a look in, can u believe Zaheer was found not good enough by Mumbai, idiots.

15 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

he is a trundler....

in u-19 was bpwling 128-130 avg.

in ipl vs dd match- 140 in first over and then 128-135 avg in next 3 overs  ....

but he has good bouncy action 

I have hopes from him. He was very matured for an under 19 player in last WC. I hope he increases his pace in coming years. 

18 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

he is a trundler....

in u-19 was bpwling 128-130 avg.

in ipl vs dd match- 140 in first over and then 128-135 avg in next 3 overs  ....

but he has good bouncy action 

He is just 20 years old. He has all the chances of getting quicker. How many U19 bowlers have you seen bowling 145KPH? There was only one bowler who did that last world. You will see max one bowler doing that in whole world U19 cup. Jamie Overton did it in 2012, Rabada in 2014, Alzari Joseph in 2016. He clocked 140 at U19 level which is very good for nay U19 bowler. 

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:31 AM, sandeep said:

Yes, it has.  Silly experiment.  I don't much like the idea of letting the visiting team "win" the toss by default either.  

Yep that needs to go as well. No sign of the ECB seeing sense on that one though. IMO it's part of their plan to permanently damage county cricket (in all formats) in favour of city based teams, which will eventually compete on all forms. Call me paranoid but...

Indian batsman Ajinkya Rahane made himself unavailable for Mumbai's Ranji Trophy season opener against Madhya Pradesh in Indore from October 14.

Ajinkya,  is currently holidaying in Seychelles,he  informed the selectors that he won't be available for the clash.

14 hours ago, YCCC said:

Yep that needs to go as well. No sign of the ECB seeing sense on that one though. IMO it's part of their plan to permanently damage county cricket (in all formats) in favour of city based teams, which will eventually compete on all forms. Call me paranoid but...

I may not agree with you all the time, but gotta love your affection for the county game.  

2 hours ago, tweaker said:

Bishan Singh Bedi has taken a dig at the senior duo of Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh for skipping Punjab's Ranji Trophy opener against Himachal Pradesh in Dharamsala.

Yuvraj had Yo-yo test at nca thats said to be the reason that he skipped the what harbhajan singh's excuse.  HE doesnt give any importance to domestic and thats been the case for few yrs. 

Bishen singh bedi shudnt take a dig but blast them. 

How will our domestic batsman get better against spin bowling if quality spinners dnt play .