Jump to content
vishalvirsingh

Speed,Swing &Performance of Fast Bowlers & Swing Bowlers in 2018 IPL

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

Who do you guys rate as a better bowler, Nagarkoti or Mavi? I would also love it if you could explain why :icflove: 

 

@Rightarmfast @express bowling @rkt.india @tweaker @Mosher

Pace wise Nagarkoti is a bit faster. Both are mainly inswing bowlers but have seen Nagarkoti moving the ball away too. I have not seen Mavi move the ball away. Both of them can bowl good yorkers and bouncers. I feel Nagarkoti is slightly ahead of Mavi as a bowler at this moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SecondSlip said:

Who do you guys rate as a better bowler, Nagarkoti or Mavi? I would also love it if you could explain why :icflove: 

 

@Rightarmfast @express bowling @rkt.india @tweaker @Mosher

 

Both these guys are developing as bowlers and it is difficult to compare.

 

Nagarkoti has the potential to be an express bowler. Even now he can bowl lots of deliveries at 145 k + balls.  He can seam the ball in with consistency and can swing the ball away too. Has a good bouncer.

 

Nagarkoti's biggest plus is the zip he gets off the deck. Even in List A cricket, the batters found it difficult to tackle his stump-directed quick delivery and often lost their wicket. He has a primary wicket-taking ball.

 

Mavi has genuine pace too and has a beautiful inswinger. As @Mosher bro said, I have not seen him outswing the ball. He can get some good-length deliveries to bounce off length and has a good bouncer.

 

I would rate Nagarkoti slightly higher as of today because he has a primary wicket-taking ball.

 

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

145 -150 kph should be the criteria for fast bowlers in t20 cricket . 90 percent will bowl a few at over140 kph .

What's the fastest Stanlake has clocked ?? He seems like the only one capable of breaching 150 kph this IPL.Want to see if he can get upto 155 kph . Riaz got upto 154 kph in the Psl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, express bowling said:

 

Fastest balls by Indians so far in this IPL

 

Umesh      149.4 k

Kaul           147.7 k   

Bumrah     146.4 k

Shami        146.3 k

Mavi          145.x k

Hardik       145.0 k

Khejroliya 143.2 k

Bhuvi         143.x k

Shardul     141.x k

In t20 cricket those speeds are actually a little dissapointing tbh . The benchmark should be 147-150 kph and not 140 .for reference there were around 15  Pakistani pacers if not more  that clocked 140 plus in the Psl from 6 sides which basically means pretty much everyone that rolled his arm over.

Edited by the don

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the don said:

145 -150 kph should be the criteria for fast bowlers in t20 cricket . 90 percent will bowl a few at over140 kph .

 

 

There are some pacers like Bhuvi, Kaul etc. who bowl quicker in T20s because they have only 4 overs to bowl. Their pace is not natural and lesser workload helps them bowl quicker.

 

There are other pacers like Bumrah, Shami etc. who have natural pace and can easily bowl quick throughout the day in test matches. But they need rhythm to bowl fast and the frequent slower balls they need to bowl often lead to them bowling slower in T20s compared to test matches 

 

There are different types of pacers and it is difficult to paint every one with the same brush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

There are some pacers like Bhuvi, Kaul etc. who bowl quicker in T20s because they have only 4 overs to bowl. Their pace is not natural and lesser workload helps them bowl quicker.

 

There are other pacers like Bumrah, Shami etc. who have natural pace and can easily bowl quick throughout the day in test matches. But they need rhythm to bowl fast and the frequent slower balls they need to bowl often lead to them bowling slower in T20s compared to test matches 

 

There are different types of pacers and it is difficult to paint every one with the same brush.

Kaul doesnt look quick at all . 

I doubt the 147 kph reading . Dont think he will ever replicate that .

Bhuvi has upped his pace quite a bit in the last few years . Him bowling 140 plus is no surprise .

The most exciting should obviously be the u19 quick clocking 140 plus and bowling well. in a high pressure environment .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, the don said:

In t20 cricket those speeds are actually a littke dissapointing tbh . The benchmark should be 147-150 kph and not 140 .for reference there were at least a dozen Pakistani pacers that clocked 140 plus in the Psl from 6 sides which basically means pretty much everyone.

 

Many pacers don't seem to want to bowl quick in T20s.  Pace can be your friend of foe in this format depending on exactly where you have pitched the ball.

 

Nagarkoti, Bumrah, Umesh, Aaron and Khaleel have the ability to bowl 147 k + among Indians.

 

Nagarkoti is out with injury.

Bumrah bowls that pace primarily in tests.

Umesh has clocked 149 k+.

Aaron is not playing IPL this season.

Khaleel is yet to get a game 

 

What I like about Indian pacers there days is that most of them can bowl 140 k to 145 k/ 148 k spells in test matches and sustain their pace throughout the day.

 

Pakistani pacers these days want to bowl quicker in T20s but not in tests.

 

 

 

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, the don said:

Kaul doesnt look quick at all . 

I doubt the 147 kph reading . Dont think he will ever replicate that .

I agree. 

Quote

 

The most exciting should obviously be the u19 quick clocking 140 plus and bowling well. in a high pressure environment .

 

Nagarkoti, the 17 year old who bowls 140 k to 150 k range, is out with injury ... and no genuine fast bowling fan , irrespective of country, would like it.

 

Mavi, the 18 test old,  bowled 140 k to 145 k in the only over he got in this IPL. Let's see if he bowls quicker in the future.

 

Kheleel Ahmed, a 20 test old 6'2" left armer, was bowling 138 k to 148 k in this year's domestic T20 tournament and picking loads of wickets. Another young-un to watch out for.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i rate Mavi higher because he controls the new ball better. 3-4K of extra pace does not matter if you spray the ball. Nagarkoti has lacked control with the new ball and lack of movement too. Mavi gets swing which Nagarkoti does not. 

Not that every body can make use of the new ball ,Cummins is the prime example, tends to use it well when its old.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Not that every body can make use of the new ball ,Cummins is the prime example, tends to use it well when its old.. 

we need a new ball bowler in ODIs. We already have two BK and Bumrah good at death bowlers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

Who do you guys rate as a better bowler, Nagarkoti or Mavi? I would also love it if you could explain why :icflove: 

 

@Rightarmfast @express bowling @rkt.india @tweaker @Mosher

I would rate Nagarkotti as better bowler than Mavi at present. Yesterday If Nagarkotti was fit, he would have bowled earlier & would have completed his quota of overs. 

Nagarkotti can bowl above 145 k with control. He has a good yorker & can run through sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Bhubneshwar is there to make excellent use of the new ball ,we really dont have first change bowlers ,i think Nagarkoti is well suited for the role.Who is your first change bowler(pacer)?

BK is not a good bowler with new ball.  he barely gives any early breakthrough in ODIs the reason he averages so high despite good ER.  He is a good death bowler.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Couple of 141k balls from Chahar. Getting some nice outswinger at this pace.

still i m not too impressed as i cant see any swing that i saw when he bowled to rohit in first ipl match....., he got big swing in that match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

Who do you guys rate as a better bowler, Nagarkoti or Mavi? I would also love it if you could explain why :icflove: 

 

@Rightarmfast @express bowling @rkt.india @tweaker @Mosher

I think both the bowlers are neck to neck now and also complement each other pretty well. To single out one is difficult. I agree with the others that Nagarkotti can move the ball both ways while Mavi may not, as of today. 

 

Out of the 2, I feel Mavi is ahead than Nagarkotti. True, Nagarkotti is out and out express and perhaps will become a consistent 150+ bowler. However, Mavi has got a head over his shoulders. His control, his body language and his consistency is above Nagarkotti. He has the body language of a Glen Mcgrath or a Steyn. He looks focussed and knows what he wants while bowling, reminiscent of Zaheer Khan. In my book Mavi is ahead by a whisker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, the don said:

In t20 cricket those speeds are actually a little dissapointing tbh . The benchmark should be 147-150 kph and not 140 .for reference there were around 15  Pakistani pacers if not more  that clocked 140 plus in the Psl from 6 sides which basically means pretty much everyone that rolled his arm over.

Except for uncle wahab everyone was trundling even with hyper calibrated speed guns man... It's genetic don't be too hard on your self. 

Edited by Vilander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i did not see his bowling as i was travelling ..how was his performance express,rkt,tweaker?

Bowled very late in the inning, may be 14 the over. Bowled with good pace above 140 k. He should have bowled the opening spell. The team management should trust his skills. 

He should not be dropped by bowling just 1 over 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Article on Mavi 

 

 

His run-up is full of intent, leap good and the action high-arm. And if you observe closely, you would spot a faint flick of the wrist at the point of release. Many pacers have it, some discernible and others subtle. But here you are almost expecting to find it in him.

 

The thing is, Mavi comes from Meerut. From the same Victoria Park academy that has produced such swing bowling exponents as Praveen Kumar and Bhuvneshwar Kumar. Like PK and Bhuvi, Mavi too has been coached by Sanjay Rastogi. As if these similarities weren’t enough, his father, again like those of Praveen and Bhuvneshwar, works in Uttar Pradesh Police.

 

Chandrahaas Mavi is a sub-inspector in the neighbouring Baghpat district.You can explain a lot of other common things, how do you explain this cop connection?

Rastogi laughs a hearty laugh when you ask him this question. “There is no mystery here. The thing is that the academy is situated right next to Meerut’s Police Lines’ residential complex. Families of lots of policemen live there. So a number of kids from there come to the academy,” he says.

 

 

But the similarities with the two Kumars end here. Mavi, Rastogi says, doesn’t swing the ball like them. “I am not saying that he doesn’t swing it. No. He has a very good and effective in-swinger. It’s just that his ball doesn’t move as prodigiously as PK and Bhuvi’s do,” says Rastogi.

 

But he has other strengths. He bowls at a good pace. “Mere hisaab se 135-plus phenkta hai,” says Rastogi. Even if you take out five kilometers – which most coaches would be inclined to add to talk their wards up – that is not bad for an Under-19 player. “Also his ball rises. And he bowls very accurate yorkers and has a clever slower one. Lately, he has started swinging the ball away from the (right-handed) batsmen as well. He is a hard working fellow and he puts in a lot of effort. Bada joshila bowler hai,” says Rastogi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, express bowling said:

Sran ...  Fastest of 144 k

 

Quite a few 140 k to 144 k balls

 

Has he worked on increasing his pace  ?

he seems to have worked on his fitness and strength after the ankle injury that he suffered during Aus tour. He was always quick when his Punjab debut in one days.  I had heard about him bowling quick at the age of 17-18 but then he suffered a road accident and had a shoulder surgery that kept him away for 3-4  years. he came back for Punjab after 3 years and was also picked for Indian one day team immediately for Aus tour.

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, express bowling said:

Sran ...  Fastest of 144 k

 

Quite a few 140 k to 144 k balls

 

Has he worked on increasing his pace  ?

His pace will get better as he keeps bowling more and gains more fitness 

Just need to put in more in his action n run up .

 

Watever i have seen of him n kulwant they both can increase their pace by a bit of fine tunning in action. Good thing about Sran is he gets the ball back in to right handers which is lethal in this day n age of hacks and also takes a lot of wkts with his slower balls in end overs which makes him a really good option for LOI as he takes wkts through out the innings. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i did not see his bowling as i was travelling ..how was his performance express,rkt,tweaker?

 

Mavi bowled just 1 over.  I liked what I saw.   Williamson was batting but Mavi managed to hurry him too.

 

Basically bowled 140 k to 145 k, hit the deck hard and bowled in decent areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Suhaan said:

I think RCB should try Saini in some match .im pretty sure he will comfortably reach 147 with control

Exactly the problem with our faster bowlers. They have pace nowdays but they have no control over line and length. I agree it's difficult to control at 145+ but that is what makes excellent bowlers or great bowlers - which is what we need. Otherwise their pace is used brilliantly by the batters for tonking loads of runs.

 

Shaun Tait had power but not control whatsover more often than not. Many of our bowlers are similar types. They bang it in at good pace and it disappears . Nor do they take enough wickets.

 

2017 top 3 wicket takers:

Player / Innings / Wickets / eco rate / strike rate

Bhuvi / 14 / 26 / 7.05 / 12

Jaydev / 12 / 24 / 7.02 / 11.4

Jas /  16 / 20 / 7.41 / 17.8

 

It will be interesting to see who the top 3 wickets takers will be at the end of this IPL season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Exactly the problem with our faster bowlers. They have pace nowdays but they have no control over line and length. I agree it's difficult to control at 145+ but that is what makes excellent bowlers or great bowlers - which is what we need. Otherwise their pace is used brilliantly by the batters for tonking loads of runs.

 

Shaun Tait had power but not control whatsover more often than not. Many of our bowlers are similar types. They bang it in at good pace and it disappears . Nor do they take enough wickets.

 

2017 top 3 wicket takers:

Player / Innings / Wickets / eco rate / strike rate

Bhuvi / 14 / 26 / 7.05 / 12

Jaydev / 12 / 24 / 7.02 / 11.4

Jas /  16 / 20 / 7.41 / 17.8

 

It will be interesting to see who the top 3 wickets takers will be at the end of this IPL season.

 

why people keep citing Shaun Tait's example. Shaun Tait was one of the best short format bowler around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, speedheat said:

This joker dpak chahar keeps on getting chance despite being thrashed :facepalm: csk should play asiff over him, or certain someone fingers are more important than team  i think :thinking:

i think he will be dropped next game.  His bowling is more suited to test cricket. He will be handy in England. BK, Chahar, Bumrah/any another genuine pacer should be our pace trio on England tour. Swing is the king there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

why people keep citing Shaun Tait's example. Shaun Tait was one of the best short format bowler around.

 Can you tell out of so many Big Bash editions and few stints at IPL, how many seasons he has topped as highest wicket taker. I don't remember even one season. He was an injury material and it impacted his performances.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i think he will be dropped next game.  His bowling is more suited to test cricket. He will be handy in England. BK, Chahar, Bumrah/any another genuine pacer should be our pace trio on England tour. Swing is the king there.

Yes, agreed, is our best swing bowler after bk,should get chance in eng.in test matches but shouldn't be anywhere near our odi n t20 team on those flat roads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2017 top 3 wicket takers:

Player / Innings / Wickets / eco rate / strike rate

Bhuvi / 14 / 26 / 7.05 / 12

Jaydev / 12 / 24 / 7.02 / 11.4

Jas /  16 / 20 / 7.41 / 17.8

 

2018 top 2 wicket takers:

Player / Innings / Wickets / eco rate / strike rate

Mayank Markande / 3 / 7 / 8 / 9.4

Woakes / 3/ 7 / 10.50 / 9.7

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

 Can you tell out of so many Big Bash editions and few stints at IPL, how many seasons he has topped as highest wicket taker. I don't remember even one season. He was an injury material and it impacted his performances.

 

 

 

you dont need to be highest wicket-taker to do that. Unadkut was the highest wicket taker last year. does it makes him a great short form bowler? RP Singh once was also among top wicket takers. but wasnt a good LOI bowler.  Tait has 218 wickets in 71 T20s. avg of 22 and SR of 16, 1.27 wickets per match. BK has 150 in 128 matches, 1.17 wickets per match, slightly worse SR of 18, average of just 21.90, but better ER. BK is a top T20 bowler, same way Tait was too.

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, speedheat said:

This joker dpak chahar keeps on getting chance despite being thrashed :facepalm: csk should play asiff over him, or certain someone fingers are more important than team  i think :thinking:

Someone's fingers gonna hurt.lol:giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, speedheat said:

This joker dpak chahar keeps on getting chance despite being thrashed :facepalm: csk should play asiff over him, or certain someone fingers are more important than team  i think :thinking:

 honestly chahar is better than other pace bowlers .. his sister is super hot :Giggity:

 

never seen asif though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×