Quality of IPL

Singh bling

Chris Gayle and Evin Lewis are prooving them as beasts in IPL.But the same opening pair was just an ordinary pair in ICC qualifiers against non test playing nations

Is the quality of IPL is low or these players were not playing upto their potential , I don't understand it.

4 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Chris Gayle and Evin Lewis are prooving them as beasts in IPL.But the same opening pair was just an ordinary pair in ICC qualifiers against non test playing nations

Is the quality of IPL is low or these players were not playing upto their potential , I don't understand it.

Those pitches were different and those were ODIs.

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Those pitches were different and those were ODIs.

And the Bowlers were different too , Nothing against them will count .Also ODI does not mean you cannot have flying start.Gayler their was complete flop though Evin still played few innings

9 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

And the Bowlers were different too , Nothing against them will count .Also ODI does not mean you cannot have flying start.Gayler their was complete flop though Evin still played few innings

Cricket is a game highly dependent on conditions irrespective of the bowlers' skills. Same Gayle could not buy a run last year on a slow drier Chinnaswmy pitch where he had scored so many runs before. Pitches in Zimbabwe always have something for bowlers in them.

11 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Nope, I watched a few games of ICC qualifiers and pitches in Zim, esp Bulawayo, were slow and two paced, not easy for battting

the average run-rate was 4.7, in comparison:

the average run-rate for ICC World Cup 2015 was 5.7