Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stradlater

Your unpopular opinion thread

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Yes I didn't wanna come across as rude but I had southie chicks in my mind.

Some of them are really attractive esp those Tamil Iyenger ones but would it kill them to visit a parlor once in a while.

I really  wanna date a hot Tamilian who I have had my eyes on for a long time. It doesn't help either that they are really really conservative and uptight and ****.

On an average Southie chicks are below par. But their peak beauty is a sight to behold. Mangaloreans and some Mallus are lovely but can't match peak Tamil Brahmin beauty. On an average Iyengars and Iyers are not just blessed with the brains but also some of the most beautiful women you can find in India. My biggest crush in college was one such girl but no luck. 

 

You give it a try bro. Without knowing them well, how would you know whether they are conservative, uptight or chill? You're a Rajasthani hunk, from the looks department you must be comfortably above the average Tamil male and you got the brains and sense of humor. Give it a shot and keep us informed :--D.

 

From what I have seen the Brahmin girls of TN are open to dating/marrying outsiders. Even my mom falls in that category, though she is from Palakkad (Kerala) and shifted permanently to Delhi at a very young age....so a different upbringing. My dad is a Northie with roots in Bhopal and I see no problems in their marital life. My mom is more modern/cool than dad and is much more proficient in Hindi and Bengali :phehe:. This is just an example, I have seen other cases of Tambrahm girls date/marry outsiders in college, work, friends circle etc. 

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Ha! reminds me of a funny incident I had yesterday. So I ran out of my face wash supplies and went to get some from a nearby store. The owner who was a Punjabi declined saying that they don't sell such stuff anymore. Naturally I was surprised and asked him the reason. 

He said earlier the area was populated by students from North East and such products were in a demand a lot but in last couple of years most of them moved out to live in a nearby area and were replaced by students from the other states (the usual culprits). As per Uncleji , those SOBs won't even buy a deodorant even in friggin sweaty summers. To quote him he had to use about 10,000 bucks worth of deo at his home lest they expired since nobody was willing to purchase them.

 

Yes we are in general pretty *ing disgusting.

I guess it's apathy caused by years of subjugation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

On an average Southie chicks are below par. But their peak beauty is a sight to behold. Mangaloreans and some Mallus are lovely but can't match peak Tamil Brahmin beauty. On an average Iyengars and Iyers are not just blessed with the brains but also some of the most beautiful women you can find in India. My biggest crush in college was one such girl but no luck. 

 

You give it a try bro. Without knowing them well, how would you know whether they are conservative, uptight or chill? You're a Rajasthani hunk, from the looks department you must be comfortably above the average Tamil male and you got the brains and sense of humor. Give it a shot and keep us informed :--D.

 

From what I have seen the Brahmin girls of TN are open to dating/marrying outsiders. Even my mom falls in that category, though she is from Palakkad (Kerala) and shifted permanently to Delhi at a very young age....so a different upbringing. My dad is a Northie with roots in Bhopal and I see no problems in their marital life. My mom is more modern/cool than dad and is much more proficient in Hindi and Bengali :phehe:. This is just an example, I have seen other cases of Tambrahm girls date/marry outsiders in college, work, friends circle etc. 

I guess I gotta give it a shot yeah. Probably should do it alone since the crowd I hang out with has Haryanvis in majority. Nice friends but those assholes are biggest chick repellents you would ever come across. Even the usual Dilli girls dislike them but imagine the shock of someone from a totally different culture.

Need to take tips from @velulooks like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hindustan Ambassador Car is GOAT for Indian conditions, not just sturdy but also incredibly classy and comfy. My dream car !!!! Pity it has been sold to a French manufacturer. The beauty of Calcutta/Kolkata involved those yellow and yellow-black ambassador taxis as vital ingredients, now the taxis are an eyesore. What a majestic beast we have lost !!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 1:46 AM, Gollum said:

Hindustan Ambassador Car is GOAT for Indian conditions, not just sturdy but also incredibly classy and comfy. My dream car !!!! Pity it has been sold to a French manufacturer. The beauty of Calcutta/Kolkata involved those yellow and yellow-black ambassador taxis as vital ingredients, now the taxis are an eyesore. What a majestic beast we have lost !!! 

In my (rather unpopular, at least on ICF) opinion, Kolkata is an eyesore.

 

Edited by Mariyam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so i will play this game.

I have quite a few unpopular opinions as some know/remember. But by far, the most unpopular opinion i have is this:

India should make spending on police, judiciary and border security (in THAT order) a higher priority than any new acquisitions for defense spending or any 'branding exercises' like building humongous statues and such. This should be at a higher than or at worst, equal to footing than any and all spending India does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Ok so i will play this game.

I have quite a few unpopular opinions as some know/remember. But by far, the most unpopular opinion i have is this:

India should make spending on police, judiciary and border security (in THAT order) a higher priority than any new acquisitions for defense spending or any 'branding exercises' like building humongous statues and such. This should be at a higher than or at worst, equal to footing than any and all spending India does. 

What's unpopular in that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

What's unpopular in that? 

As in most posters here hate that idea. Do a search of the forum and you will see plethora of posts on why we need Aircraft carriers and more fighter jets than more investment in judiciary and police force from like a dozen or so posters here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO most of Indian cities are under developed. The most pathetic inrastructure I have seen was in Chennai and Kolkatta. Kolkatta looked shabby at every place except the hotel I stayed in. Way below expectations. One of the airports in Gujarat closes at 8 p.m. It was a shock to me. Don't recollect the name as there were three airports I used to encounter on various tours you Gujarat . Probably Bharuch.  Trust me your home is posh than the airports of Kolkata or Gujarat.It is disgusting to see how bad the situation is at so many places. 

Edited by Straight Drive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90% of  Indians or even higher who give Bhaashans about nationalism and patriotism  will grab the first opportunity they get at  a US/UK/Canada residency/ Citizenship because India is a miserable place to grow professionally and be successful.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Stradlater said:

He's the biggest wrist slitter I have come across.

No man, he's a quality. He's not jingoistic but also not Tarek Fatah level wrist slitter. I'm not a member there but would read his posts if I ever bump into that forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Number said:

"Looks don't matter",  "you fall in love with soul" are all just cliched bs.

In reality there are very very few people who can resist charm of good looks. I have seen some extremely intelligent people falling for near illiterate and dumb people.

Completely agreed. Give me a hot af dumb wife over an ugly intellectual feminist anyday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Sambar with  Dosa is useless. People consume it just because it is served along with. It is a TN thingy, even now remote smaller towns in Kar don't serve Sambar with Masala Dosa. Only mashed potato curry and diffetent kinds of chutney.

Sambhar in Bengaluru and Hyderabad is very poor in quality. Chennai Sambhar is in a different league, none of that sweet watery lentil/veggie-lite nonsense served in rest of South India. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Sambhar in Bengaluru and Hyderabad is very poor in quality. Chennai Sambhar is in a different league, none of that sweet watery lentil/veggie-lite nonsense served in rest of South India. 

We put jaggery in our sambar, hence it is sweet. TN and Andhra has more of tamarind , so tangy sauce instead of calling it sambar,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

We put jaggery in our sambar, hence it is sweet. TN and Andhra has more of tamarind , so tangy sauce instead of calling it sambar,

I prefer the sambhar and onion/tomato chutney by Tamils, green and white chutney of Bengaluru/Hyderabad. Love sambhar, so versatile that it goes well even with phulka and rice. Apart from tamarind I think the Tamils put more dal and vegetables in their version, very thick compared to the sambhar one finds in Bengaluru. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stradlater said:

I love it. Much better and healthier breakfast than the chole bhature **** which never agrees with my stomach.

Chhole bhature as a breakfast must have been common in history when people had great metabolism compared to today. Either you were a farmer and had to plough the fields requiring lots of energy, or a warrior defending your empire since most invaders cross through Punjab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gollum said:

Love sambhar, so versatile that it goes well even with phulka and rice

Those are two different sambhars. Ones with more thick lentils veggies usually is preferred for rice and slightly thinner one prefered for dosai. In bangalore sukh sagars they have very fluidy sambhar. Real karnataka style dosai is available as well. Its dharwad benne dosa, there is a big spot in RT nagar one in RR nagar as well that i used to frequent. Benne dosa ususally served with podi or chutney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Those are two different sambhars. Ones with more thick lentils veggies usually is preferred for rice and slightly thinner one prefered for dosai. In bangalore sukh sagars they have very fluidy sambhar. Real karnataka style dosai is available as well. Its dharwad benne dosa, there is a big spot in RT nagar one in RR nagar as well that i used to frequent. Benne dosa ususally served with podi or chutney.

Yup I did notice the difference. The tiffin places serve a different sambhar compared to the Tamil run meals messes, both are bloody awesome though. I always joke that the North Indian dal dishes are failed attempts to recreate the much more superior sambhar. 

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Yup I did notice the difference. The tiffin places serve a different sambhar compared to the Tamil run meals messes, both are bloody awesome though. I always joke that the North Indian dal dishes are failed attempts to recreate the much more superior sambhar. 

 

i like dal tadka though. makni dal. with a very good chukka roti or a romali its amazing. 

 

there is a place in electronic city on the main road where they serve roti and dal makni and channa i used it eat there ( its about 4-5 km from infosys), best food. If you were driving from Bangalore to south into TN you could have your break fast there. There is a kamath in ramnagara which we used to frequent a lot, when ever we drove to mysore - they serve joladau roti ( jowar) its quite a taste. 

 

faak...all this is making me miss food man.

Edited by Vilander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

 

i like dal tadka though. makni dal. with a very good chukka roti or a romali its amazing. 

 

there is a place in electronic city on the main road where they serve roti and dal makni and channa i used it eat there ( its about 4-5 km from infosys), best food. If you were driving from Bangalore to south into TN you could have your break fast there. There is a kamath in ramnagara which we used to frequent a lot, when ever we drove to mysore - they serve joladau roti ( jowar) its quite a taste. 

 

faak...all this is making me miss food man.

Tadka dal and Rajma dal are the only dals that can even begin to compare with Sambhar....I agree with Gollum- northie dal is mostly failed sambhar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Sambar with  Dosa is useless. People consume it just because it is served along with. It is a TN thingy, even now remote smaller towns in Kar don't serve Sambar with Masala Dosa. Only mashed potato curry and diffetent kinds of chutney.

I prefer rava dosa. You don’t even need chutney to eat it.

Edited by gattaca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said mine before in a long post, but I will say it again, there is zero locus standi for people who eat meat, outside of very poor countries, to give gyaan on Climate Change as an issue. For those who claim to care about the latter issue, it is the epitome of ignorance and/or cognitive dissonance to keep eating meat when one is aware of the severity of the Climate Change issue.  The meat industry is the easiest industry to tackle and reduce emissions/pollution from. I find the defenses usually made by people fallacious.  

 

I think the dairy, egg, and other animal agricultural industries should probably also be reduced/banned.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tibarn said:

I said mine before in a long post, but I will say it again, there is zero locus standi for people who eat meat, outside of very poor countries, to give gyaan on Climate Change as an issue. For those who claim to care about the latter issue, it is the epitome of ignorance and/or cognitive dissonance to keep eating meat when one is aware of the severity of the Climate Change issue.  The meat industry is the easiest industry to tackle and reduce emissions/pollution from. I find the defenses usually made by people fallacious.  

 

I think the dairy, egg, and other animal agricultural industries should probably also be reduced/banned.  

Except it is mathematically provable/easy to prove that the best diet for the climate & land usage is an ecologically optimized omnivorous diet. it beats the hell out of a vegan or vegetarian diet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 11:59 AM, MechEng said:

Chhole bhature as a breakfast must have been common in history when people had great metabolism compared to today. Either you were a farmer and had to plough the fields requiring lots of energy, or a warrior defending your empire since most invaders cross through Punjab.

Warriors when not fighting, are getting fat sitting around just eating if they ate bhaturey. This is medieval India, where tactics and strategy were largely unknown and medieval Indians fought like total idiots with no intelligence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 5:14 AM, coffee_rules said:

Sambar with  Dosa is useless. People consume it just because it is served along with. It is a TN thingy, even now remote smaller towns in Kar don't serve Sambar with Masala Dosa. Only mashed potato curry and diffetent kinds of chutney.

Sambhar is never useless. Its literally the rolls royce of lentils.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hair is overrated. Too much maintenance. Balding is beautiful

 

Having a 6pack is overrated. It used to be associated with farmhands,laborers and rickshaw pullers. Gut and paunch is beautiful. Sign of prosperity and sexiness.

 

Working out is overrated and just gives you knee pain, doesn’t help in weight loss.

 

Learning a new skill is useless, just mental strain. What will you do learning carpentry or playing the  bansuri. Wasting time FTW

 

Dieting is overrated. Binge binge binge :dance:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

What is it about you Telegu people that you wanna make everything spicier than bear-spray ?!? 

There are some Andhra owned  restaurants in the area I live in  and one of my friends who was from Guntur thought the food was bland and I was literally tearing up from the spice. I think Andhra and Kashmir are 2 places in India which produce the spiciest chillies. Not sure if Kashmiri cuisine is spicy though :dontknow: I have had the Pulao while it’s flavorful it is pretty bland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Multiculturalism is a product of colonialism. You will never see multiculturalism in Eastern European countries because they never colonized tropical nations. 

More like imperialism. 
The Achaemenid Empire, Magadh Empire, Rashtrakutas, Palas, Gurjara-Pratiharas, Satavahanas, Parthians, Mongol Empire, Ostro-Hungarian empire - they were all multicultural empires. The moment you have a multi-ethnic political unit without a dominant majority ( this is why i am not counting the Chinese Empires who've always been dominantly Han or Tsarist Russia for same reason), it is a multicultural political unit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of lazy Indians. We have many with large ego, and thus lack of respect/care of jobs. So will take many holidays, and incredible slowness at work. And if one doesnt tell them the work, they will just stare and do nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...