Men's ODI Team Rankings

Last updated - 10 Jul 2019
Developed by David Kendix
Pos Team Weighted Matches Points Rating
1  England 52 6,420 123
2  India 56 6,807 122
3  New Zealand 42 4,763 113
4  Australia 49 5,470 112

Eng immediately took back the ranking. If I recall correctly, it was back to #1 in the first week of July too (around July 3rd). For how long was Ind at #1? 

Edited by zen
Just now, ThePhenomenal1 said:

Not a dig at you OP but who cares about ranking, i’d rather India have won the cup and be ranked 7th. India have lost the hunger and/or method for winning ICC trophies

That does not answer the question I had :dontknow:

5 minutes ago, zen said:

That does not answer the question I had :dontknow:

I can’t remember the exact timeframe but i’m sure india won a game to jump ahead of england (maybe afghanistan?), but england took back the 1st place in ranking when they beat india. So it must have been max 1 and a half weeks that india were on top.

Just now, ThePhenomenal1 said:

I can’t remember the exact timeframe but i’m sure india won a game to jump ahead of england (maybe afghanistan?), but england took back the 1st place in ranking when they beat india. So it must have been max 1 and a half weeks that india were on top.

oh ok. I thought that too that it must be for around a week. 

3 hours ago, Vijy said:

The numero uno ranking is more important to the deluded minds of kohli and bewda.

For me, yes, winning consistently matters more than a trophy which goes a lot on luck and you can lose out by just one bad game. Winning consistently is your ability, especially at home of the opponents. You can't win consistently by luck.

On 7/15/2019 at 12:39 AM, rkt.india said:

For me, yes, winning consistently matters more than a trophy which goes a lot on luck and you can lose out by just one bad game. Winning consistently is your ability, especially at home of the opponents. You can't win consistently by luck.

there's a reason why WCs matter a lot in team sports because they require a certain degree of consistency (to qualify for KOs) but also the ability to cope with high-pressure situations and come out on top; India did not do the latter well by collapsing to 5/3 on a pitch that was hardly unplayable.

I, for one, don't care who is ranked 1 in football, hockey, cricket, etc. since I am more interested in who wins or does well in the WC (especially the teams that punch above their weight).

On 7/15/2019 at 10:09 AM, rkt.india said:

Hey south African :giggle:

On 7/15/2019 at 3:43 AM, Shaz1 said:

No worries India will get it back once they win next series.

I can't even bear to watch a meaningless battle versus WI unless the blood in new players, otherwise seeing a brown wash is boring and with no vision. From now on I will watch India in tests (as i always do) but also t20 with the world trophy coming. ODI is over for me.