Selectors ka selection

Does somebody know how msk nobody prasad got selected as chief selector ? I mean isn’t it a v significant job and needs someone of stature ? Shouldn’t there be a criteria like 100 odi or 50 tests ? 

Its surprising how he made it when u have had Srikanth ,vengsarkar leading the commmittee before . 

Think just like coach , we should have maybe even a foreigner as chief selector as prasad has rayudud India for a long time with a spate of poor and spineless selections 

rayudud - death by stupid selection 

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Even foreign players are dumb as F*ck .......if u hear them in commentary -

• They also wanted Rayudu in WC team
  • They also want dhoni to continue
  • They also want Rohit to play in test cricket 

I think it’s a long term professional job not a honorary two year stint 

should have a chief selector for 5 years but of stature . Msk prasad is a nice guy but clearly his talent was insufficient then and his experience is insufficient now - appoint a ganguly or a srinath as chair for 5 years . Somebody who has seen and dealt with success and failures at top level not just failures 

On 7/30/2019 at 10:07 PM, mani sha said:

I think it’s a long term professional job not a honorary two year stint 

should have a chief selector for 5 years but of stature . Msk prasad is a nice guy but clearly his talent was insufficient then and his experience is insufficient now - appoint a ganguly or a srinath as chair for 5 years . Somebody who has seen and dealt with success and failures at top level not just failures 

Dealt with success n failure shudnt be 1st thing. Selector 1st quality shud be to have an eye for talent. Bhajji has dealt with success n failure but doesnt have an eye for talent .

Selector shud have understanding of modern cricket and we select old school selector who till now hasnt understood that guys like rahane n rayudu cant play loi with their s/r...

And we also need a fast bowler in group of selector or else they ll keep selecting trundler in the name of line n length 

Why not everyone get it it's not selectors it's kohli who is calling the shots. First incompetent buddha brigade COA needs to be booted out and than arrogant chokeli as captain. I still remember jab msk prasad ka ek din k liey khada ho gaya tha and he said MS is not confirmed in wc squad and than suddenly changed his statement few days later after backlash from TM.

Edited by raki05

We should  definitely get a foreigner, who is immune from all the politics of pleasing all the senior players in the selection committee. MSK Prasad is just a dumb mule, who will go out of his way to please Kohli and Dhoni so that he can keep his job. 

It should be treated as a professional  job on par with the coach, if not even more important. The chief selector should also be responsible for  picking the XI, not just the squad. Remuneration  should be directly tied to results. Also use a multiplier for factoring in importance of tournaments. The more important the tournament (such as World Cup) the more exponentially higher the remuneration multiplier. Bilateral v/s weak teams should have the lowest multiplier. 

On 7/30/2019 at 1:49 PM, mani sha said:

Does somebody know how msk nobody prasad got selected as chief selector ? I mean isn’t it a v significant job and needs someone of stature ? Shouldn’t there be a criteria like 100 odi or 50 tests ? 

Its surprising how he made it when u have had Srikanth ,vengsarkar leading the commmittee before . 

Think just like coach , we should have maybe even a foreigner as chief selector as prasad has rayudud India for a long time with a spate of poor and spineless selections 

rayudud - death by stupid selection 

Apparently the criteria for a selector is he should have played 20 test matches or 50 Ranji trophy matches. 

I believe Vengsarkar was one of the better chief selectors we had. Srikiant had a unhealthy bias towards Badrinath and other Tamil Nadu players. MSK just lacks spine and is completely clueless.

On 7/31/2019 at 11:06 PM, retired_hurt said:

Apparently the criteria for a selector is he should have played 20 test matches or 50 Ranji trophy matches. 

I believe Vengsarkar was one of the better chief selectors we had. Srikiant had a unhealthy bias towards Badrinath and other Tamil Nadu players. MSK just lacks spine and is completely clueless.

50 matches - so somebody can Assam become chief selector - it’s weird . Bar should be higher . 

Should have some track record of caliber .

the chief selector should have veto power and he should be at least 50 tests or 150 odi or captain of Ranji winning team -