Abu Nachim - First impressions?

ludhianvi

What are you first impressions of this young 21 year old bowler from Guwahati, Assam. Pace in the mid 130's and has good control over line and length and can hurry the batsmen at times as well. It would be interesting how he shapes up in the next few years. Hopefully, he doesnt go Yomahesh's route. Yomahesh was an exciting prospect in his u19 days but seems to have withered in just a few years.

danra, LOL! It's not like I'll never ever watch a few overs. I watched a few CL highlights - 2 or 3 . It was a Sunday, and thought I'll watch a bit of SRT's team vs AK/RD. Only watched the 2nd inn, thought it could be an interesting chase to go after a 165-ish score, and ended up being a nice game today. It is masala kirket alright, no question abt that :haha:

Looked decent and has got a decent yorker. Plenty to work with, but unfortunately there is no sysytem which will help him develop his skills. The likes of Umesh Yadav, Abu Nachin, Aaron and Rahul Shukla have got the pace and if coached properly, one of those can surely be expected to become a decent enough pacer for the country, but als they have no where to go!! How I wish Eric Simmons works with these fringe pacers and not team India pacers.

FINALLYYYY someone opened this thread...Abu Nachin outpaced Malinga and all other bowlers in the match...It was an effing mystry why Sachin never gave this guy a chance...Abu Nechin was the top wickettaker in ICL and played for ICL India... Amazing bowler but sadly Sachin never gives him credit and chance to play in IPL for past 4 years... Abu Nachim is actually stupid..He should NOT have retained himself for Mumbai Indians ..I bet his pace and average in domestic was good enuff to get him more than 800k$ in other teams... Most IPL teams dont even have genuine Indian pace bowlers and here is MI not even giving him chances..Sad really sad

He was mostly bowling mid 130s. But kept running in hard and got a good lift off the track. His real problem has always been fitness. He plays a couple of matches and then gets injured. Happened in the last 2 IPLs. I hope he continues to play many more matches this season in IPL and impresses the selectors.

Looked impressive and i want to see more of him. Going a bit off topic the guy i have been least impressed with over the last couple of years is Umesh Yadav, he has pace but can't get any seam movement nor can he swing the ball. I like Ashok Dinda and think he may be worth a go in the national team, his figures have not been great in the IPL but i think he has been unlucky. He recovered well from being hammered by Yuvraj by bowling a superb death over the other day. I want to see more of Unadkat, would like to actually see Varun Aaron play and want to know where Sudeep Tyagi and Kamran Khan are?