Arranged Marriage

nospam

Ahh that sucks man.. seriously don't think it's right!
I used to vociferously oppose it. And it is easier to get laid in India these days in India if you are in right places :winky:. But I remember what one friend once wrote on Love v/s Arranged marriage "I have often found that people going in for love marriage think of it as some kind of 'grand finale to the great love story'. One goes into love marriage with a lot of unrealistic 'happily-ever-after' expectations & usually ends up disappointed. Plus, there's always the 'you have changed'/ 'aap toh aise na the' ( you were not like this ) thing playing at the back of the head. On the other hand, there are hardly any fairytale-like dreams associated with an arranged marriage. Both the partners realise that they'll have to compromise on a lot of things & hence they are more flexible & practical 'bout things. But the greatest advantage of having an arranged marriage is probably no courtship / dating period stretching on for years. No endless phone calls/gifts/drama/mindgames & other assorted dimaag-ki-maa-behen-esque stuff"

it doesn't matter how you meet as long as you meet the right person and given it enough time/thought before taking the most important decision of your life.
Exactly......love marriage, arranged marriage are just mere tags. It all comes down to compatibility in the end. :two_thumbs_up:

But the greatest advantage of having an arranged marriage is probably no courtship / dating period stretching on for years. No endless phone calls/gifts/drama/mindgames & other assorted dimaag-ki-maa-behen-esque stuff"
Some people would view that as a disadv of course, what it does mean is that youre getting to know your other half during the initial stages of married life, and that can have its own charm. Mine was arranged, I saw my wife for the second time on the night of our wedding. Fact is, they work! I dont think the 'have to, or else most of us will never get laid ' part is strictly true. If youre willing to against the grain there can be options via college for instance...but for a lot of us, rightly or wrongly, getting married in the same caste/religion etc etc is so important

it doesn't matter how you meet as long as you meet the right person and given it enough time/thought before taking the most important decision of your life.
nailed it. u get free mary from me when u visit. :two_thumbs_up: