PK or Sree??

Well I guess you REALLY need to get your bheja checked for early onset of memory loss. Sree has pretty good in last 2 tests in SA, which were the last 2 tests for India before this WI tour . He took a fifer in 3rd test and took 3 top order wickets ((SMITH,AMLA,KALLIS)) in 4th innings of 2nd test which we won. We play tests with long intervals , hence people discard good test performaces so easily. Who remembers Bhajji took 7 (!) wickets 3 test innings ago ? :WTF:
People on this forum got a 4 week memory khota.
The decision that MSD will have to take is if he wants a steady bowler who could bowl long spells to compliment the two strike bowlers in Zak and Ishant giving them enough rest or does he go with Sree who is an enigma at best and is a strike bowler himself but very inconsistent? Sree's temperament may work against him at least for the first test.
That's Harbhajan's job now. The final decision should be made after the first warm up match to see which bowler looks to be in top form. But I think with Bhajji really struggling to take wickets we need three strike bowlers. A combination of Bhajji and Raina or Yuvi can give the seamers a rest when needed.

PK should be preferred. He is an Anderson-like bowler. English conditions would be perfect for him. Open the bowling with PK and Zaheer. Ishant as first change. If anyone gets injured, pick Munaf. Sree should be last choice. The lone spinner should be Mishra instead of permanent-seat-booked-in-Indian-team-without-performing Harby

Sreesanth! Better experience with conditions which favour Bowlers, had experience against England. Plus his charisma , aggression and diligence are unmatched with any fast bowler we have (doesn't necessarily mean hes the best). Kumar has had one series, with to be quite frank one of the most mediocre WI batting sides ull see of the last half century! Hes certainly not a spear head, but I can see why ppl may favour him over sreesanth

This. /thread.
Let's not forget that as well as starting up a band and releasing records, he also finished acting in a movie: http://english.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bin/MMOnline.dll/portal/ep/contentView.do?contentId=9512755&tabId=19&channelId=-1073865026&BV_ID=@@@ I mean, when you're as talented, and physically fit as Sreesanth why bother training hard to get back in the team right? That's for the rest of the chumps like Zaheer, Ishant etc. The reason why so many including former coaches like Donald have criticised his work ethic/habits is because this donkey keeps getting away with it. He can go on musical tours, act in a movie and then expect to walk straight back into the Indian team instead of having to prove his fitness and bowling form like everyone else. I mean why bother working on fitness when Sreesanth completely got exhausted after bowling a few fast overs in the WC final? Surely making music and acting in movies is far more important. Some cricketers work hard to be great on the pitch. This clown uses cricket as free publicity for his other crappy pursuits like music/movies which he no doubt sucks at as well.
so jealous:hysterical::hysterical: he keeps coming back as team and selctors know he is a good bowler and india needs him ,why should people talk about his off field activities,performance onfield only counts and last series against sa he won us a test by bowling well in second innings,P.k is all good against club batsman but english are better than club batsman,dhoni will stick with sree.about sree he has been training at NCA .

Sree. Let's be honest, PK is too slow. I've seen club bowlers match his speeds. He's too much of a 1-dimensional bowler. If his swing isn't working, he's essentially useless. Sree has pace, and can bowl some stunning deliveries. Disregarding the fact that he is somewhat of a poison for the team, I would choose him.

Lords - Flat with turn on days 3-4-5 Ishant Zaheer Sreesanth Mishra/Darty Trent Bridge - Lots of grass and bounce off the wicket Ishant Zaheer Sreesant Munaf Edgbaston - bit of a minefield and difficult to bat on Ishant Zaheer PK Mishra/Darty Oval - Normally a good deck with bounce and carry Ishant Zaheer Munaf Sreesanth

Sree. Let's be honest, PK is too slow. I've seen club bowlers match his speeds. He's too much of a 1-dimensional bowler. If his swing isn't working, he's essentially useless. Sree has pace, and can bowl some stunning deliveries. Disregarding the fact that he is somewhat of a poison for the team, I would choose him.
Agreed, PK is slow, but he compliments the other bowlers who hit the deck. He is an intelligent bowler and can swing and seam the ball even in batsman friendly conditions. He is also economical and that can help in building the pressure and helping bowlers at the other end get wickets. On current form, I would pick PK ahead of Munaf and Sree. Munaf, as I said, would be my next choice. With Sree, you never know whether the good Sree or bad Sree will turn up to bowl.

PK has a special talent that none of our bowlers possess. He can swing bothways right through an innings in a conventional way. So he can be a constant threat. With Sree it is more a hit or miss. On some days he can bowl series of unplayable deliveries. On other days he can be horrible. Regardless of what we want,there is no way PK is going to be dropped for someone who is back from injury. For crying out loud PK is averaging 19.90 in his short little test career. He might even outbowl Ishant in English conditions. Tony Greig has lot of praise for Praveen and he genuinely believes he will be a threat.

PK has a special talent that none of our bowlers possess. He can swing bothways right through an innings in a conventional way. So he can be a constant threat. With Sree it is more a hit or miss. On some days he can bowl series of unplayable deliveries. On other days he can be horrible. Regardless of what we want,there is no way PK is going to be dropped for someone who is back from injury. For crying out loud PK is averaging 19.90 in his short little test career. He might even outbowl Ishant in English conditions. Tony Greig has lot of praise for Praveen and he genuinely believes he will be a threat.
this is not talent. these are his skills and with slow pace it will be very tough for him in England because they have better batsmen. Swing at 115K-120k of pace is very adjustable for good batsmen.