XX Hours/Days etc of your life you will never get back

Sooda

.. Hence thought I last night as I suffered the latest Bollywood faeces-pile that is Mere Brother Ki Dulhan. To be fair it was not the worst film I have ever seen, but it was not very good. This led me on to thinking how many hours of my life have I spent doing utterly pointless stuff, not just watching cr@p from bollywood and also other rubbish films (Eli RothÃÔ Hostel springs to mind) Ive done a project at work that was based on flawed info and spent many days of work on it, which turned out to be utterly wasted. I know of a guy- a genius- who studies Economics at a top Uni and was nearly a qualified accountant at a big 4 firm before ditching it and rejoining Uni to do medicine. Now he is a doctor. I do not know if he looks back at his career as an accountant as a waste of time, but Id say on the face of it that it is a pretty epic example. So what things- minor or epic- have you done and spent time on that then turned out to be totally useless IÃÎ not being philosophical -so please no ÃÊn the grand scheme of things everything is pointless :headshake:..and its a little hard to define in a way. Doing nothing at all is pretty pointless but you could be recovering from a hard day of work and doing nothing is a good way to recover. It might well be watching rubbish films, but IÃÎ looking for something more interesting...

I walked out on: Out of control - within 10 minutes U, Me aur Hum - interval Bhoothnath - middle of second half. RGV kee aag - 10 minutes (on DVD) Veer - around middle of second half, though I wanted to quit much earlier. there are few more.. but these were honorable mentions, in OP's words - the time I really wished I could get back.

When I was a kid, my parents once enrolled me into a music coaching thing. It took the teacher 3 weeks to realize what I already knew...I am missing the music gene. :embarassed: Nevertheless, since my parents had paid in advance, I wasted a whole lot of summer evenings doing abhyaas on harmonium and tabla, and could play shyt-all at the end of two months.

When I was a kid' date=' my parents once enrolled me into a music coaching thing. It took the teacher 3 weeks to realize what I already knew...I am missing the music gene. :embarassed:[/quote'] in college I had French as a foreign language. In just 2-3 classes the teacher realized what I already knew - it was useless to teach me (or many of my classmates) french :giggle: But the poor guy had to come to clas once every week and try to teach us something - by the end of 3 years we hadn't even learned how to say introductions in french

Well, pretty much my entire under-graduation was an utter waste of time. Yes, I made a lot of life-long friends and we had great fun together, but from an academic standpoint, it was totally useless. The curriculum never captured my imagination; the professors were by and large mediocre and inept. If anything it made me dumber I think because since I didn’t understand most of what was being taught, I resorted to rote learning just to get my degree. And back when we were kids in the 90s, for some reason, there was this weird infatuation with sending kids to Hindi classes and take those exams offered by the Hindi Prachar Sabha (Prathmik, Madhyama, Rashtrabasha etc..). I never went past Prathmik and my Hindi is still pretty hopeless. :mad: And when I was in high-school, there was this HUGE craze in India over these IT courses. There were these institutes like NIIT that charged these exorbitant amounts (50,000 rupees, 60,000 rupees) for courses in C++, Java etc. Pretty much all of us took and they were, quite possibly, the most useless period of time in my life. We just went there every weekend, sat for 6 hours and came back home. :mad::mad:

3 hours (sum of about 10 sittings) of Mohabbatein. I managed to watch the whole thing, now regretting it for my entire life since then. . Nowadays I just give up - RGV Ki aag (30 mts), some movie called James (by RGV again), it is worse than RGV ki Aag. James should have been called RGV Se Bhaag.
:cantstop:

I normally never walk out of theatres no matter how bad the movie is...Paisa diya hai tho poora picture dekhunga but in my life 3 movies I just couldn't take it 1.Duplicate:Just couldnt stand SRK's unbearable acting 2.Orange(Telugu movie)-Infact spent $25-For me and the wife 3.I don't even remember this movies name anymore since I erased it from my memory but it was a movie with Hrithik and Esha Deol

I normally never walk out of theatres no matter how bad the movie is...Paisa diya hai tho poora picture dekhunga but in my life 3 movies I just couldn't take it 1.Duplicate:Just couldnt stand SRK's unbearable acting 2.Orange(Telugu movie)-Infact spent $25-For me and the wife 3.I don't even remember this movies name anymore since I erased it from my memory but it was a movie with Hrithik and Esha Deol
Did GaneshRan show up at your door-step ? :giggle: