Who After Dhoni (the Wicket Keeper)

maniac

We all seem to worry about our bowling after Zaheer and middle order after the Big 3 retire especially in overseas conditions but questions we seem to ignore is who after Dhoni the keeper? Parthiv Patel is a decent to average backup in Odi's and maybe T20 but he should be not be anywhere near WK gloves in test matchs. we don't seem to have a test match calibre keeper coming up in the ranks who can be a more than a handy bat.... Wriddhiman Saha is not international level....Karthick has been on a decline and out of contention. Speaking about Indian FC The only time I follow unknown players is maybe theIPL and I havent seen much promise there either with the likes of Rayudu,Uthappa who are primarily batsmen being part-time keepers.... Does anyone know who the next exciting WK prospect is or are we going to go back to the days of MSK Prasad,Deep Das Gupta, the guy who scored 100 in WI(Mind blanked out and too lazy to look it up on cricinfo)?

Whats with the "who after" series on ICF? Lets start them for RD, Viru, VVS and Sachin too
Stole the idea from the 'Zaheer' thread:--D While Dhoni has a lot of cricket left in him....Did not see too many promising keepers from the only exposure I have had to Indian FC cricket in the form of IPL:giggle: I am glad people have identified some upcoming talent because look at Aus after Gilchrist...Haddin is decent but no where close to the impact that Gilchrist or even Ian Healy had SA have AB doing parttime duties as they don't have any one better to replace Boucher who is past his sell date but still has to be persisted with.
Me thinks Rahane will be a good replacement for RD. Will be very hard to replace Viru and Sachin with an equally good player.
Viru again like Dhoni is a once in a lifetime player...we saw this when Rahane and Patel were opening in recent ODI's...we all were bored despite the fact that they did score at a decent rate at times...We are just used to see India getting to blazing starts Sachin--don't have to get into details here VVS---The guy has singlehandedly rescued us and ensured victory on so many occasions that it has become a habit for us to expect him to do something like that....In the current lot only Kohli looks to have that kind of a temparement but not sure how he will do in Tests RD---Pujara and Rahane seem to have the technique but not sure if they have the patience which sets RD apart

We had totally mediocre wk's for a long long time before dhoni..... iirc the long list of nonsense keepers included nayan mongia, vijay dahiya :facepalm:, sameer dighe :nono:, msk prasad :haha:, saba karim, kiran more, etc. So we should consider ourselves extremely blessed to hv such a genuinely world class wk-batsman for the foreseeable future. We should not start worrying about the wk slot just yet. Let's enjoy this era while we can.

dhoni will play 7 more years.. patel will be more experienced so he`ll be d best bet.....please dont write me off but i think patel>>>rohit nd pujara, these 2 r **** test batsmen
I don't know what you have against Rohit/Pujara!!! Do you think Pappu patel stands a chance to compare himself purely as a batsman before talents such as Rohit/Pujara.... :doh: