India vs England @ Lords - Day 1 Predictions !

England bat first - 278/7 England wobbles at 43/3 with Sreesanth 2 and Zaheer 1. Then Bell and KP build, score reaches to 200/3 when Kumble takes quick wickets and have England at 210/6. Matt Prior holds the fort and India again fails to dismiss the tailenders. Hoggy falls at the end of the day and India close in with a somewhat satisfactory 278/7. India bat first: 309/6 India start bad, 23/2 then VVS and Dravid build. Both score 50's before VVS gets dismissed at score 176. Sachin carries from where Dravid left and India are in a strong position at 273/2 when as usual we lose 3 quick wickets. India end at 309 with Dravid standing solid at 109*

If England bats first : Few early wickets including getting KP out cheaply. I reckon it will be about 100/4 but then by the end of the day England will have 310/5 India bats first : 280/4 Few early wickets but Rahul and Laxman consolidate. Ganguly chips in with some runs.

What the hell is a "Maharathi". I hear this word all the time on these forums...does it refer to old people from Maharashtra ?
Nothing to do with Maharashtra...this was a term coined by CoverPoint (or rather his sister's father-in-law I think!) - this has to do with Mahabharat - the Maharathis. As of today - many of our "paper tiger" batsmen of the yore have become "Maharathis" and the term has caught on.
Nothing to do with Maharashtra...this was a term coined by CoverPoint (or rather his sister's father-in-law I think!) - this has to do with Mahabharat - the Maharathis. As of today - many of our "paper tiger" batsmen of the yore have become "Maharathis" and the term has caught on.
Maha - Big Rath - the chariots In the old days, the bigger, more powerful/skillful/higher up the order champions were given the best and biggest raths - hence MahaRathi. All the footsoldiers would run in front and get killed while these guys got drivenn around inthe comfort and protection of their raths. How this applies to cricketers is rather obvious :)