'I learned to retain my self-belief' - Ajinkya Rahane

Texan

Rahane is one of those unlucky players who has to sit out just so that seniors keep playing. But I guess it'll be sooner than later that he gets consistent chances. I think Sachin might as well give up short format soon to prolong his test career. Also its not like Rahane is setting the domestic scene on fire. His last 4 scores were 13, 13, 8 and 4.

Rahane is one of those unlucky players who has to sit out just so that seniors keep playing. But I guess it'll be sooner than later that he gets consistent chances. I think Sachin might as well give up short format soon to prolong his test career. Also its not like Rahane is setting the domestic scene on fire. His last 4 scores were 13, 13, 8 and 4.
he got out of form now.. tea management did good to send him back he badly needed some match practice..being a traveler with team can be bad
In 11 ODIs so far, Rahane has done nothing to justify this sort of treatment. As a comparison, here are some stats for the stats-fanatics: After 11 matches..... Rahane averages 30.90 At the same stage in their careers, Tendulkar averaged 23.50 Sehwag averaged 13.62 :omg: I don't understand why Shrikkanth and the rest of the jokers are treating Rahane this way
what kind of dumb comparision is this?? jeez... you can not compare two eras.. plus, we had a drought of batsmen back then.. but not at this time..
:two_thumbs_up: That's why he scored only in Deodhar Trophy Finals and knock outs of Vijay Hazare. :--D
lol atleas he came back into some form team management made sure that he warmed up benches and lost all his form i think they should send gys like tiwary back if they are not going to pick him.. it is a myth that staying with team helps form wht i ve seen many players just totally lost there form cos of this
what kind of dumb comparision is this?? jeez... you can not compare two eras.. plus, we had a drought of batsmen back then.. but not at this time..
What kind of dumb comment was that.. doesn't even deserve my attention.

not just rahane, you have a guy like tiwary - who scored a hundred in his last odi - finding it difficult to get a game in a month long tournament like the CB series. some players are clearly favoured over others, guys like rohit sharma for example, keep getting chances in every single position in the batting order even though they are unable to make a mark. sehwag was a joke in the CB series, barely even made it to double figures and looked badly out of form but they kept playing him. the selection committee is full of ****. if parthiv patel could get more than 10 games at the top of the order, why can't rahane? the opportunities are available, but they are given to the wrong players. how many odis did india waste on murali vijay? rahane has gotten a raw deal whichever way you look at it. i dont see anything changing until september, when csk cheeka ****s off back to tamil naad and we get a new group of selectors in.