India vs England 2012

India vs England 2012  

1. 1.

• Yes, I feel excess money in Indian cricket system may have spoilt things
    • No, I think money has no influence on our Test side problems

England cricketers visiting "Future Hope School" :hatsoff: Via -Twitter!

The sister and I with some lovely ladies A9Bn2iqCMAAN2te.jpg:largeI'm pretty sure this youngster is the Indian chess champion.... A9Bna69CEAEmOgp.jpg:largeCheck all these little cuties! Little man on my lap destroyed me at chess x2_fd49a0fI beat the 9yr old challenger easily but when the U10 turned up it was a different story #thrashed #futurehopeschoo A9BaadDCcAAvtX7.jpg:large

Bell vows to improve India record

Ian Bell has returned to India determined to put right what he believes is the one glaring omission in his record as an international batsman. But, after six Tests in India, Bell's record is distinctly modest. He averages 18.36 with a top score of 57, made on his first senior tour in 2006. It is a disappointing return for one so richly talented and stands in stark contrast to his overall career record of 5,549 Test runs at an average of 46.24. His ODI record in the country - 237 runs from nine matches with an average of 26.33 - is also markedly lower than his overall record. "India is the one place," Bell said. "My first tour to Pakistan went really well. I played nice cricket in Sri Lanka. But here has not gone so well. And it's been the same in one-day cricket. It's the one place left around the world for me." "Maybe sometimes I have tried a bit too hard," he said. "That shot in Ahmedabad was a sign of me saying, 'Right, I'm coming at you, I'm not going to sit here and just get out'. I've got off the mark a lot with that shot over the last few years. It's a big shot for me. My attempt was to be positive. At times, I have been reactive rather than positive. When it doesn't come off, it doesn't look particularly great but that's probably the first one I've hit straight up in the air in an England shirt. I'm not going to put that shot away but I'll probably have to pick a better time to play it. I take full responsibility: it was a poor way to get out in that situation. "Watching the way Cook and Pietersen played in the last game, there are runs out here if you occupy the crease long enough. Cook has led by example. It will get easier but you have to do the work early in your innings." "I've got better over time but, certainly in my early days, I'd beat myself up a lot. You want to score runs every time but the realism is that you're not going to. There will be times when you are in really good form and times when runs are hard to come by. But certainly now it gives me more of a balance and I can enjoy every day and every time I am with the England team. That's what I want to do - not worry about things and go out and enjoy my cricket."
http://www.espn.co.uk/cricket/sport/story/182104.html

England set to face another used pitch in third Test

44399.jpg

England will be confronted by another used wicket when the third Test against India starts on Wednesday, according to the Eden Gardens curator, Prabir Mukherjee. India's tactic of utilising a worn track backfired in the second Test in Mumbai. Despite winning the toss, India lost by 10 wickets with the England spin-bowling duo of Monty Panesar and Graeme Swann sharing 19 wickets and out-performing the three-pronged Indian spin attack. While three surfaces have been prepared on the Eden Gardens square, Mukherjee stated that the Test pitch would be the same as that used for the match between Bengal and Gujarat. That match ended on November 20 - barely two weeks before the start of the Test - and foot marks from the bowlers' run-ups are clearly visible. But only 25 wickets fell over the course of the four-day game as the match ended in a draw and Mukherjee insisted the pitch would reward good cricket rather than providing too much assistance to bowlers of a certain type. "Cricket should be played on pitches of true pace and true bounce," Mukherjee said. "Games should be decided by the quality of the player, not the pitch. It should be the way they bowl that matters. It is not about the pitch. "This pitch was used for the Ranji Trophy game against Gujarat. They were 18 for 5 in their second innings but they fought back and the match was drawn. Swann and Panesar will enjoy this pitch. They bowl line and length. The pitch will have good pace and bounce."
http://www.espn.co.uk/cricket/sport/story/182089.html

I hope so. If he is in the squad he should be given a chance. Good ranji form and the Kolkata crowd behind him. No point going back to a tried and tested player like Ishant who has failed and not proven himself in domestic. Just because he has had ankle surgery and rested doesn't mean he has suddenly dealt with his many flaws.