'We can be one of the greatest England teams ever' - Anderson

How come our hyped up team stayed for Number 1 for almost 20 months?? Luck??
They stayed there because they played good cricket. In the current series...they are just not playing. Eng team looks so dominating & all this talk that they will dominate for this or that years. I predit...1 year or a bit more. Then they will fall back in line. Heck....they can lose their next test...& all this talk abt their upcoming domination will come to a big STOP itself.
It's not a myth among Indian fans. You're generalizing opinions of few to all Indian fans. It's a reply to English fans who said that India can't be true no 1 without winning in SA and Eng. Most of the Indian fans at that argued that no 1 just means better performance than others. This thread is about dominance which is not same as just being no 1 (at least most of the fans would think same).
I think you'll find that most Indian fans have been pushing the 'need to win in India' barrow, just as they did when Aus were #1 The logic that India would also need to win everywhere doesn't seem to have occured to most of them, sigh
Guest Gunner
I think you'll find that most Indian fans have been pushing the 'need to win in India' barrow, just as they did when Aus were #1 The logic that India would also need to win everywhere doesn't seem to have occured to most of them, sigh
No you dimwit, what he is saying is the corollary to what has been doing the rounds in the English media before this series. Everyone kept harping this tune when we were No.1, So England now gets the reverse of it. Unless you can storm the fortress in India we will continue to say the same just as we did until the Ozzies managed it in 2005.
come on doggy' date=' you can do better.[/quote'] Right! By dominate I mean in general win most of their series and beat most sides and draw with others in their home countries. Why do I think 10 years, well because A/ We have a relatively young team, B/ Our Lions Team is also doing well and has rising stars and C/ WI,Aus and India are all in decline and will take at least five years to turn that around IMHO Aus have very little coming through and India will be devastated to lose three quarters of their team in the coming years. England also possess strength in depth at the moment, which I see as a very important part of remaining dominant. Both in Bowling and Batting we have easily fitted in replacements and back ups upon backups. I think we are pretty much in the best position in relation to that world wide at the moment. On top of this we are focussed on Test cricket and not overly distracted by the IPL, yet

Though I think England are playing good cricket at the moment and deserve to beat India and win the series, they were hardly stretched at any point in the 3 tests other than the 1st innings at Trent Bridge. I thought India played very poor cricket and they had themselves to blame more than brilliant cricket from England. I wish India had played more competitively and we could have seen a more tight contest but its hard to tell if a team is really good when they are not even pushed. On other hand hand, I could definitely say Australia was a great side simply because they looked almost invincible when they almost won a series in 2001 and subsequently when they dominated world cricket. Though the present English side is good, they dont look anything outstanding. They have Pietersen and Bell who are good batsmen and the bowling unit looks good in their conditions. But I dont think they will do that great overseas and as a result, not going to last as No.1 very long.