Sign in to follow this  
saneindian

India A to play 3 first class matches on the A tour to WI, June 2012

All Indian bowlers have a long way to go. Including Ishant. :giggle:
Ishant already has come a long way...140 wickets 4th highest wicket taker fast bowler for India n test cricket.:winky:

Ishant already has come a long way...140 wickets 4th highest wicket taker fast bowler for India n test cricket.:winky:
But the problem is that he's gone longer in terms of test matches played then in terms of wickets taken :winky:

Sad, that inspite coming a long way he still has a long, long way to go. Too much of effort for his frail legs :sad: :sad:

But the problem is that he's gone longer in terms of test matches played then in terms of wickets taken :winky:
He will turn it around. Most fast bowlers make their debuts at this age. he already has over 140 wickets. B pozitive.:two_thumbs_up:

He will turn it around. Most fast bowlers make their debuts at this age. he already has over 140 wickets. B pozitive.:two_thumbs_up:
I also hope so. I am a fan of that bean-pole. :two_thumbs_up:

arron is not wayward at all maybe he improved his bowling don know how u people judge them i think aaron will do well in tests his natural length is suited to it he has pace and when u can attack with controlled pace there is nothing like it and itsn otl ike he does nothing with ball seen him reverse swing and in this ipl move the ball when condition were favorable and also he gets lots of carry and bounce

arron is not wayward at all maybe he improved his bowling don know how u people judge them i think aaron will do well in tests his natural length is suited to it he has pace and when u can attack with controlled pace there is nothing like it and itsn otl ike he does nothing with ball seen him reverse swing and in this ipl move the ball when condition were favorable and also he gets lots of carry and bounce
Pace alone wont bring many wickets. It is the movement of the seam. It is needed to be seen if he can get the ball to move in tests from good length.

Pace alone wont bring many wickets. It is the movement of the seam. It is needed to be seen if he can get the ball to move in tests from good length.
he has moved the ball from surface and i think people struggle more when that happens

I just like the look of Awana. He did swing it yesterday when got a chance. RKT, Any particular issues you see with Awana wrt his bowling action and body?
His run up is a bit all over the place. Needs to run in a straight line and his alignment of action can be refined a bit more. It does not take the momentum forward. Awana tries to imitate Brett Lee with his action. With this action, he needs to keep his body straight, some times falls to left side.

His run up is a bit all over the place. Needs to run in a straight line and his alignment of action can be refined a bit more. It does not take the momentum forward. Awana tries to imitate Brett Lee with his action. With this action' date=' he needs to keep his body straight, some times falls to left side.[/quote'] I think he wants to keep himself side on rather than front on. I think he's more Balaji than Brett Lee. I wouldn't want to change much in his action if it isn't affecting any part of his body.

I think he wants to keep himself side on rather than front on. I think he's more Balaji than Brett Lee. I wouldn't want to change much in his action if it isn't affecting any part of his body.
No. He is not even side on. Even Balaji is not side-on. Actually very few pacers have side-on action nowadays because it results in back injury a lot. A fast bowler needs to stay upright that is the key to bowl well even against left handers. That is the reason I like James Pattinson and Steve Finn a lot. They are so upright on their delivery stride. Aaron too is good because he bowl very close to the stumps and is always straight. He needs to work on his seam position so that he can take the ball away from the right handers.

RKT' date=' I think it's not completely front on. I think it's a mish mash![/quote'] Na. Not front on. It is mixed action. Most bowlers nowadays bowls with mixed action. Brett Lee has mixed action.

Does the BCCI have a bowling coach for the A side? Wonder who guides the young bowlers on these A tours when mostly the A team coaches are former batsmen, the likes of Cheeka, Amre and now Rajput. Given that there is no international cricket in the month of June, wont be a bad idea to ask Joe Dawes to travel with the A side. In fact even the fielding coach Penny should be sent with the team, unless the BCCI has asked them to spend time at the NCA and not given them a 2 month long leave.

Does the BCCI have a bowling coach for the A side? Wonder who guides the young bowlers on these A tours when mostly the A team coaches are former batsmen, the likes of Cheeka, Amre and now Rajput. Given that there is no international cricket in the month of June, wont be a bad idea to ask Joe Dawes to travel with the A side. In fact even the fielding coach Penny should be sent with the team, unless the BCCI has asked them to spend time at the NCA and not given them a 2 month long leave.
Good idea but he might resign after seeing the tailunt that we have.

Good idea but he might resign after seeing the tailunt that we have.
We have good enough talent coming up in fast bowling department who all be groomed. I can name a few. Yadav Aaron Shami Ahmed Awana Rahul Shukla Veer Pratap Singh Dhawal Kulkarni Anwar Ahmed Khan Brainder Sran Deepak Chahar Dinda

We have good enough talent coming up in fast bowling department who all be groomed. I can name a few. Yadav Aaron Shami Ahmed Awana Rahul Shukla Veer Pratap Singh Dhawal Kulkarni Anwar Ahmed Khan Brainder Sran Deepak Chahar Dinda
top 4 are def good enough and with coaching can become good bowlers

More info on this guy please RKT.

rkt, Trolling brah.

Cricket: Selectors go for experience in WI A Squad West Indies A Squad Veerasammy Permaul Captain Jason Holder Vice Captain Tino Best Devendra Bishoo Nkrumah Bonner Kraigg Brathwaite Jonathan Carter Kyle Corbin Delorn Johnson Leon Johnson Donovan Pagon Lendl Simmons Devon Thomas Wicketkeeper http://www.caribbeanpressreleases.com/articles/9462/1/Cricket-Selectors-go-for-experience-in-WI-A-Squad/Page1.html

Bishoo named in West Indies A squad West Indies have named an A squad with considerable international experience for the first unofficial Test against India A in Barbados early next month More...

More info on this guy please RKT.
He is an 19 year old left arm pacer from Punjab, had a decent start to his FC career last season, and is said to be sharp. One guy from ICF had watched him in a Ranji game.

Team selection not good enough, should have more players as some are good in the longer format and some can excel in the shorter format, Awana, Anwar Ahmed, and some upcoming potentially talented players should have made the grade.

BOWLERS If Ashok Dinda can be our star bowler on this tour then it might push him for contention with the national team B Kumar is mostly going as the reserve bowler in my view and it will be a good experience for him Shami Ahmed is the bowler to watch out for But RP Singh over Awana WHY?? I am hoping Aaron is being considered for the National team or given a break because of his injuries because RP Singh over Aaron is absolutely insane

BOWLERS If Ashok Dinda can be our star bowler on this tour then it might push him for contention with the national team B Kumar is mostly going as the reserve bowler in my view and it will be a good experience for him Shami Ahmed is the bowler to watch out for But RP Singh over Awana WHY?? I am hoping Aaron is being considered for the National team or given a break because of his injuries because RP Singh over Aaron is absolutely insane
I think it is a great chance for Shami Ahmed to show what he can do because he swings the ball away at decent pace and WI batsmen struggle against swing.

I haven't seen Shami Ahmed play but from what i have heard most people think he has more than a decent chance of becoming a good bowler for us Anyone who has seen him play What's his average pace? and how consistent is he in the wicket taking department?

Injured RP Singh out of A tour to West Indies

"I am very happy. All the hard work that I have put in and the wickets I have taken has come good today," Awana told ESPNcricinfo. "I would credit both the IPL and first-class cricket. The IPL got me noticed and all my first-class experience helped me do well in the IPL."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/566258.html Death Knell for RP Singh?

His average pace is 157.81 Kph. And he takes a wicket once every 6.1 deliveries. Pacy and consistent.
From what I have seen of Shami, he averages in the 138-140 range with the occasional 145 ball.

rp singh out. awana in. a tour indies. http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/566258.html

Injured RP Singh out of A tour to West Indies ESPNcricinfo staff May 26, 2012 RP Singh, the India fast bowler, has been ruled out of the A tour to the West Indies next month after injuring his right knee. He has been replaced by the Delhi right-arm seamer Parvinder Awana, who was impressive for Kings XI Punjab during the current edition of the IPL. RP, who last played for India during the tour of England in 2011, took ten wickets in 11 games for Mumbai Indians in the IPL. Awana impressed with his pace and control, leading Kings XI wicket charts with 17 wickets in 11 games, with a best of 4 for 34. He has claimed 110 first-class wickets from 32 matches in his career at an average of just under 30. He was expecting a call-up to the A squad when it was announced last month, but took the disappointment in his stride. Awana said he was happy his recent performances were being recognised. "I am very happy. All the hard work that I have put in and the wickets I have taken has come good today," Awana told ESPNcricinfo. "I would credit both the IPL and first-class cricket. The IPL got me noticed and all my first-class experience helped me do well in the IPL." India A play three four-day matches, three one-day matches and two Twenty20s on the tour, which begins in Barbados on June 2.

Good news for Awana his big chance. Looking at the schedule with 3 back to back FC matches and Dinda's fitness issues in the IPL, will not be a bad idea to add either Pankaj or Dhawal to the squad.