"At least stay for Rahul Gandhi's speech": Sheila Dixit

EnterTheVoid

All ads taken out by the Congress had said the Rahul Gandhi rally was to start at 10 am, but nearly two hours later, when the Congress vice president was to arrive, the crowd was thinner than the size of the police and media contingent.
:sad:

May be he is unfit to rule the country' date=' But dont understand this media/cyber bullying. Most probably he doesnt want this post, but I think he has no option playing along, to prevent congress from breaking into pieces.[/quote'] If he is not good enough for politics ( which he must certainly is not) and if he didn't want to be PM then he should tell his party this otherwise he will be seen as the heir apparent and in such a case it is not at all wrong on the part of the Media to target him when he makes foolish statements - in fact IMHO the media til date has been very very very lenient on him and had let him get away with many foolish and irresponsible statements.

If he is not good enough for politics ( which he must certainly is not) and if he didn't want to be PM then he should tell his party this otherwise he will be seen as the heir apparent and in such a case it is not at all wrong on the part of the Media to target him when he makes foolish statements - in fact IMHO the media til date has been very very very lenient on him and had let him get away with many foolish and irresponsible statements.
Agree. The amount of criticism targeted at RG is nothing compared to the venom directed at Modi. The criticism aimed at Modi only seems to make him more determined. Every man, woman and dog knows that RG does not deserve his post as the vice president of the Congress party. If he wasn't born to Sonia, the guy would have been a nobody.

May be he is unfit to rule the country' date=' But dont understand this media/cyber bullying. Most probably he doesnt want this post, but I think he has no option playing along, to prevent congress from breaking into pieces.[/quote'] So annoying They dont want to announce him as PM candiate as he dont fancy it yet as like his mum wants power with no responsibilty!!! But still pretending he will be or maybe to public. Doing what the italian done. Be the face of the election like will be PM, congress win and then announce some other loser as their puppett PM while he dicks around.

May be he is unfit to rule the country' date=' But dont understand this media/cyber bullying. Most probably he doesnt want this post, but I think he has no option playing along, to prevent congress from breaking into pieces.[/quote'] Huh? Like MMS, he definitely wants and is hunger for power. And media bullying him? He is the most protected person in our country, yet to have a single interview with media and is often times a taboo subject. Really, there can't be any sympathy for him.

Huh? Like MMS, he definitely wants and is hunger for power. And media bullying him? He is the most protected person in our country, yet to have a single interview with media and is often times a taboo subject. Really, there can't be any sympathy for him.
I mean social media..Go to any websites , you can see loads of Modi fans cracking some jokes on whatever pappu does. I have no sympathy too, but this hate among cyber citizens is something I can't agree with.

I mean social media..Go to any websites ' date=' you can see loads of Modi fans cracking some jokes on whatever pappu does. I have no sympathy too, but this hate among cyber citizens is something I can't agree with.[/quote'] And? It happens both sides as this virtual world so far is open. If you only look at one side while turn a blind side, you will fail to see that. And social media should remain like this as it's freedom of speech. But Congress certainly doesn't believe in that and no wonder they are looking to make policies to control the online world and prevent anything negative about themselves. A lot of intolerance there. And if you are talking about hate, you would certainly be surprised and shocked what has been said about Modi by political opponents or even cyber citizens.

I mean social media..Go to any websites ' date=' you can see loads of Modi fans cracking some jokes on whatever pappu does. I have no sympathy too, but this hate among cyber citizens is something I can't agree with.[/quote'] he makes statements like "I went to MP and I was stung by 25,000 bees" or "poverty is just a state of mind" or "BJP rules states like Maharashtra & Karnataka (both rules by Cong right now)" or :my father did this and my grandmother did that..(even when they have absolutely no connection to those things)" and people aren't even supposed to laugh. He should thank the Gods every single day that he is not a political leader in a country like America because from what I know of the media there, he would have been eaten alive for making such foolish statements on a regular basis. Also, as you would know I am no fan of Modi but I will say this - Cong and Rahul supporters leave no stone unturned to insult him or makes jokes on his expense so they also should expect to receive the same. And even then Rahul is pretty much completely protected as far as media coverage is concerned - forget about being criticized, you won't even see most of his foolish statements being mentioned on many of the National Channels.

And even then Rahul is pretty much completely protected as far as media coverage is concerned - forget about being criticized' date=' you won't even see most of his foolish statements being mentioned on many of the National Channels.[/quote'] :nice: Exactly.