Economy Rate of Indian fast bowlers in the last 5 years

vvvslaxman

Umesh has been better since his come back this year' date=' averages 33 this year. He is getting better and will get better while Vinay is getting worse.[/quote'] He's lucky that he did not play on those flat roads, could hae destroyed him as a bowler at a time when he was already struggling for rhythm and himself thought there were afew technical issues with his bowling . A very sensible move by our selectors to keep him away from these home matches.
He's lucky that he did not play on those flat roads' date=' could hae destroyed him as a bowler at a time when he was already struggling for rhythm and himself thought there were afew technical issues with his bowling . A very sensible move by our selectors to keep him away from these home matches.[/quote'] Agree, though I think the reason of him being not in rhythm is no playing enough and getting too many breaks like after WI tr-series where he barely played much. He should have been there in Zim series. I believe that break played a huge part in his loss of rhythm. I do not think these guys practice enough in the nets during breaks or just spend time in the gym which is not bad but cannot replace real match practice and once you lose your rhythm, it can take a long time come back.
another guy who is not too bad considering hi reputation is praveen kumar. though he does bowl most of his overs early but i remember him winning us a match when he had to defend some 8-9 runs in the last over
PK averaging 38, even worse than VK, especially in India, he averages 60 plus.