5 Saal Kejriwal

Texan

i know, its not right thread to check the status of bjp poll promises, but lot modi fans around here, pls let me know the status of Diamond aka bullet trains...
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Railways-told-to-speed-up-bullet-train-project/articleshow/45224870.cms
NEW DELHI: India's bullet train dream has moved a step closer. Railway minister Suresh Prabhu on Thursday directed officials to fast-track projects related to high-speed trains at speed of 300kmph and raising speed of existing trains to 160-200kmph. The high-speed projects — Ahmedabad-Mumbai corridor, Prime Minister Narendra Modi's ambitious plan of Diamond Quadrilateral connecting major metros and growth centres, and nine corridors identified for running semi-high-speed trains — were discussed in detail during a three-hour long meeting with CMD Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) Satish Agnihotri and his team of officials.
Lets wait for the rail budget. To be out soon. And dont even compare modi to kejriwal. Modi was a CM for close to 12 years before he became PM. He has been reelected on the back of strong governance. Kejriwal has yet to do that. Not saying he wont.

i know, its not right thread to check the status of bjp poll promises, but lot modi fans around here, pls let me know the status of Diamond aka bullet trains...
Delhi is bigger than entire India so its difficult to get all things done :agree:

All i am saying is I will also become a Kejri fan is he manages to ditch his poll promises and run a responsible corruption free government which works hard to bring jobs and further development to delhi. I personally will not hold it against AK if he does not full-fill his promises on schools electricity food prices water etc. Just run an efficient government where government services work as they are designed to work.

All i am saying is I will also become a Kejri fan is he manages to ditch his poll promises and run a responsible corruption free government which works hard to bring jobs and further development to delhi. I personally will not hold it against AK if he does not full-fill his promises on schools electricity food prices water etc. Just run an efficient government where government services work as they are designed to work.
+1 my thoughts exactly

Its a serious question Who raises taxes in Delhi? For example is there anything stopping Kejriwal from raising say stamp duty and other taxes? Cause if i was the middle class i would be ready for a big hike in my expenses and taxes. I can see liquor and ciggerates for example having a big jump in taxes.(something i support) Expect a huge jump in prices of vehicles etc. I expect this to hit the middle classes (upper and middle middle) hard. I do believe TMC when they came into power did the same in WB? I could be wrong.

Its a serious question Who raises taxes in Delhi? For example is there anything stopping Kejriwal from raising say stamp duty and other taxes? Cause if i was the middle class i would be ready for a big hike in my expenses and taxes. I can see liquor and ciggerates for example having a big jump in taxes.(something i support) Expect a huge jump in prices of vehicles etc. I expect this to hit the middle classes (upper and middle middle) hard. I do believe TMC when they came into power did the same in WB? I could be wrong.
Delhi State Government has no Finance ministry. The budget of Delhi is presented by the Union Finance minister. So, AK has zilch powers. They government has a little more say than MCD, but it is all ceremonial. Definitely not on taxes. May be in Transport they can raise bus fare.

Delhi State Government has no Finance ministry. The budget of Delhi is presented by the Union Finance minister. So' date=' AK has zilch powers. They government has a little more say than MCD, but it is all ceremonial. Definitely not on taxes. May be in Transport they can raise bus fare.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

How sad for a municipal election country's PM' date=' whole ministry and hundreds of incumbent MPs stopped whole functioning of govt and descended in municipality for campaign and still couldn't win more than 3 of 70s seats. Next time Modi/Shah should target a gram-panchayat election. :giggle:[/quote'] Because Delhi is prestige issue for everybody. A person robbed in delhi get more media coverage than 10 tribals killed in some part of country. AAP's real test will come when they will move to states where they will hardly get any media coverage

Delhi State Government has no Finance ministry. The budget of Delhi is presented by the Union Finance minister. So' date= AK has zilch powers. They government has a little more say than MCD, but it is all ceremonial. Definitely not on taxes. May be in Transport they can raise bus fare.
It has a Department of Finance. The reason it did not have a finance minister is because the CM (Sheila Dixit) held the portfolio and presented the budget. Last years budget was presented by Arun Jaitley because of President's rule. The AAP govt can certainly have a finance minister or Kejri can hold the portfolio and they can and will present a budget soon.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
I posted an article a few posts ago (in reply to Aaku) - read that to understand the severe limits of Kejriwal's power. He has promised the moon without realizing (or despite knowing) that he has to take money and consent from the central govt for almost everything.

A person robbed in delhi get more media coverage than 10 tribals killed in some part of country. coverage
Speaking of Tribals dying in some remote part of the country and media completely ignoring their plight. Here is something else that the media mostly ignored. The Statements of the outgoing Director General of the CRPF made in late Nov 2014, he blamed certain state Govts for fostering maoist violence :
"CRPF director general Trivedi said certain states had vested interest in letting Maoist violence continue as it helped them get massive central funds. Sources said the DG was hinting at Chhattisgarh , Jharkhand and Odisha.
Few days after he made this statement 13 CRPF Jawans were ambushed and slaughtered in Chattisgarh by Maoists. CRPF jawans have become cannon fodder in Chattisgarh while the Govt & corporate mainstream media don't seem to care.

I understand that and would even support that, but people in Delhi have voted just for those promises to be fulfilled. So, they might not be satisfied with just an efficient administration.

Speaking of Tribals dying in some remote part of the country and media completely ignoring their plight. Here is something else that the media mostly ignored. The Statements of the outgoing Director General of the CRPF made in late Nov 2014, he blamed certain state Govts for fostering maoist violence : Few days after he made this statement 13 CRPF Jawans were ambushed and slaughtered in Chattisgarh by Maoists. CRPF jawans have become cannon fodder in Chattisgarh while the Govt & corporate mainstream media don't seem to care.
...thus reinforcing the original point