Pak qualification scenarios

Kalia_Test

The 'better system' is not a better system. It was used in 2007 and we all know how that went. Two teams that deserved to qualify didn't due to 1 bad day.
Then they dont deserve to progress. If India and Pak cant beat Bangladesh and Ireland they dont deserve a shot at the world cup!
Then they dont deserve to progress. If India and Pak cant beat Bangladesh and Ireland they dont deserve a shot at the world cup!
But they both had prepared for it for 4 years and being kicked out of the tournament for 1 bad day is not right. An injury here and there can ruin all the planning. The format's aim should be to get the top 8 teams into the quarter-finals. However, what IMO could be a good format is that the world cup should only involve the test sides, and it should be played like a league with the top 4 sides making it to the semifinals.

That format exists - its called champions trophy. India and Pakistan were out for reasons far beyond their 1 loss. Reasons like awful tactics by Chappell. Sehwag at 4 etc. Every team can still lose a game and still progress if its top 2. It will also make matches much more competitive. Pakistan having lost 2 matches in humiliating fashion (so far) just does not deserve to go on but they can under a poor system after beating UAE etc.

With our victory over SA ( and a big one at that ), we can lend a helping hand in kicking out padosis in our matches against WI/Ire...however, we will not do it as it is not in our nature to think negatively... I remember that there were talks that NZ deliberately lost against Pak in last league match in 1992 ( the only league match they lost ) as that would mean that they play their SF in NZ instead of Aus ( incidentally against Pak ). Can any old timers remember anything like this and how much truth is there in this?

With our victory over SA ( and a big one at that ), we can lend a helping hand in kicking out padosis in our matches against WI/Ire...however, we will not do it as it is not in our nature to think negatively... I remember that there were talks that NZ deliberately lost against Pak in last league match in 1992 ( the only league match they lost ) as that would mean that they play their SF in NZ instead of Aus ( incidentally against Pak ). Can any old timers remember anything like this and how much truth is there in this?
Remembrance of 92 B&H CWC certainly seems to make one an old timer here ;) Yes that was quite a bit of speculation back then that NZ didn't want to play the Semis in Oz. But then, deliberately losing a game to secure home ground advantage seems far fetched as they still had to play the finals at the MCG-but you never know. If NZ did lose it on purpose, then karma did teach them a unforgettable lesson. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Remembrance of 92 B&H CWC certainly seems to make one an old timer here ;) Yes that was quite a bit of speculation back then that NZ didn't want to play the Semis in Oz. But then, deliberately losing a game to secure home ground advantage seems far fetched as they still had to play the finals at the MCG-but you never know. If NZ did lose it on purpose, then karma did teach them a unforgettable lesson. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Thanks...I was only talking about the speculation...NZ blasted every team till then in WC in league stages and for them to lose to Pak was a bit odd ( I watched most matches of 1992 but I was very young to understand these tactics )...Maybe NZ wanted to have SFs in NZ and then give it their all in final in Aus - unfortunately for them , all the luck in the world was with Pak with rains and all...they sure underestimated the luck that Pak was carrying with them..
Thanks...I was only talking about the speculation...NZ blasted every team till then in WC in league stages and for them to lose to Pak was a bit odd ( I watched most matches of 1992 but I was very young to understand these tactics )...Maybe NZ wanted to have SFs in NZ and then give it their all in final in Aus - unfortunately for them ' date=' all the luck in the world was with Pak with rains and all...they sure underestimated the luck that Pak was carrying with them..[/quote'] didnt they play their full team tho?
Thanks...I was only talking about the speculation...NZ blasted every team till then in WC in league stages and for them to lose to Pak was a bit odd ( I watched most matches of 1992 but I was very young to understand these tactics )...Maybe NZ wanted to have SFs in NZ and then give it their all in final in Aus - unfortunately for them ' date=' all the luck in the world was with Pak with rains and all...they sure underestimated the luck that Pak was carrying with them..[/quote'] Pak team is the bogey man of NZ.Never beat them in WC.Afridi or fast bowlers usually step up massively against NZ.

WI with its NRR and victory over Zim is sort of safe to make it to QFs :dance: Now Zim vs Ire becomes very important as we need Ire to win... In worst case :nervous: ,if Zim beats Ire we need - Zim to beat Pak so that Zim have 3 wins ( Ire,UAE and Pak ) and Pak will have only 2 wins OR - Ire to beat Pak so that Ire will have 3 wins ( WI, UAE and Pak ) and Pak will have only 2 wins OR - Both Zim and Ire to beat Pak :--D OR - Zim vs Pak is washed off ( Pak and Zim will end up on same points )- bit risky as Zim RR is not great :nervous:) OR - Ire vs Pak is washed off (Pak and Ire will end up with same points and Ire has better RR ATM) Ofcourse, we assume Pak will get phainta against SA :pray: Hope my calculations are correct..Can some kind soul confirm?

WI with its NRR and victory over Zim is sort of safe to make it to QFs :dance: Now Zim vs Ire becomes very important as we need Ire to win... In worst case :nervous: ,if Zim beats Ire we need - Zim to beat Pak so that Zim have 3 wins ( Ire,UAE and Pak ) and Pak will have only 2 wins OR - Ire to beat Pak so that Ire will have 3 wins ( WI, UAE and Pak ) and Pak will have only 2 wins OR - Both Zim and Ire to beat Pak :--D OR - Zim vs Pak is washed off ( Pak and Zim will end up on same points )- bit risky as Zim RR is not great :nervous:) OR - Ire vs Pak is washed off (Pak and Ire will end up with same points and Ire has better RR ATM) Ofcourse, we assume Pak will get phainta against SA :pray: Hope my calculations are correct..Can some kind soul confirm?
Why? You don't want comedy circus to continue during QFs?