Tendulkar calls for 25-team World Cup. Also ICFers cannot read beyond the title

Considering that there are millions of new fans who are for the shorter version' date=' that is some elitist statement[/quote'] The shorter version is not a version of cricket. It's something else altogether, it's definitely not cricket. So these new fans are not fans at all. If you are one of these fans well your opinion counts for **** and you can shove it up your ass. The reality is that T20 and ODI cricket was designed to bring more viewers and branch out the game. But both of them got boring very quickly, that's why the sport didn't branch out. Look at the stands each year for T20 matches, getting emptier by the day. T20 and ODI is good fun for some, but eventually even they get boring.

Sensational header. He did not mean that world cup 2019 should have 25 teams. He just picked a random number. Basically he wanted to say that ICC should increase the number of teams in world cup rather than decrease but the journalist twisted it. This is why, I am so pleased with what Kohli did. These morons deserve it.

I bet you not, most of the people talk *****ing never bothered reading the whole article. The man emphasizes on globalizing the sport and how to keep the sport alive. Most of the morons in the forum only read the title of the article and started commenting right away. This man is completely right. 10 team sport is the most boring thing you will witness. God only knows how long it will take Bangla boys and Zimbos to be able to compete against the big boys on a regular basis so we are kind of stuck with 8 teams if you ask me. We have about 260 countires in the world so 8 out of those 260 sound like a very rubbish idea. And not to mention one is about to go bankrupt and the other one can't even host in their own homeland.

I bet you not, most of the people talk *****ing never bothered reading the whole article. The man emphasizes on globalizing the sport and how to keep the sport alive. Most of the morons in the forum only read the title of the article and started commenting right away. This man is completely right. 10 team sport is the most boring thing you will witness. God only knows how long it will take Bangla boys and Zimbos to be able to compete against the big boys on a regular basis so we are kind of stuck with 8 teams if you ask me. We have about 260 countires in the world so 8 out of those 260 sound like a very rubbish idea. And not to mention one is about to go bankrupt and the other one can't even host in their own homeland.
Then ICC should promote the game in other countries .Minnows vs regular teams is most boring thing you want to see in cricket.Sachin can become brand ambassador and promote cricket in those countries. ,Minnows should be kept out of world cup. they completely destroy it
I bet you not, most of the people talk *****ing never bothered reading the whole article. The man emphasizes on globalizing the sport and how to keep the sport alive. Most of the morons in the forum only read the title of the article and started commenting right away.
:hysterical: I wonder if some non-Indian visits this thread what he'll think. One would think Sachin is the most respected cricketer in India. And here he is just voicing his opinion and jokers here start abusing making snide remarks about him.

Totally agree with the premise of expanding, but 25 is a bit too much IMHO. Ireland,Afghanistan UAE and Scotland. Add Namibia (a decent batting side when all their players are available) Nepal (will struggle but they've a massive fanbase and this would greatly help them) Netherlands and Papua New Guinea (game is growing there). Thats 18 teams. 3 groups of 6 ordered by ranking (Below probably arent correct, just off the top of my head) India Sri Lanka cof course :(( ) England Bangladesh PNG Nepal Pakistan SA West Indies Ireland Netherlands UAE Australia NZ Zimbabwe Scotland Namibia Afghanistan. 2 teams qualify for the super 6 stage. Top 2 of them qualify for the final. If you want more money have semi finals then Have 2 group games a day, 1 super 6 game a day and then the knock outs. Couldnt be as long as the current format, Associates get much needed exposure, tournament gets a fresh feel to it, qualifying isnt easy so group games have meaning. Yes there will be some one sided games but that happens anyway and will happen even in a FM only event so there's no avoiding them. Of course thats why it'll never happen, a WC format simply has to give India and Pakistan a near guarantee of a QF spot sadly, otherwise the ICC wont even consider it.

Totally agree with the premise of expanding, but 25 is a bit too much IMHO. Ireland,Afghanistan UAE and Scotland. Add Namibia (a decent batting side when all their players are available) Nepal (will struggle but they've a massive fanbase and this would greatly help them) Netherlands and Papua New Guinea (game is growing there). Thats 18 teams. 3 groups of 6 ordered by ranking (Below probably arent correct, just off the top of my head) India Sri Lanka cof course :(( ) England Bangladesh PNG Nepal Pakistan SA West Indies Ireland Netherlands UAE Australia NZ Zimbabwe Scotland Namibia Afghanistan. 2 teams qualify for the super 6 stage. Top 2 of them qualify for the final. If you want more money have semi finals then Have 2 group games a day, 1 super 6 game a day and then the knock outs. Couldnt be as long as the current format, Associates get much needed exposure, tournament gets a fresh feel to it, qualifying isnt easy so group games have meaning. Yes there will be some one sided games but that happens anyway and will happen even in a FM only event so there's no avoiding them. Of course thats why it'll never happen, a WC format simply has to give India and Pakistan a near guarantee of a QF spot sadly, otherwise the ICC wont even consider it.
i quite like the format for the next world cup by ICC,though what the ICC could do is play multilateral series among the associates and A-teams of top sides