Apple TV vs Roku vs chromecast vs fire stick

gattaca

I was excited about roku releasing 4 but it didn't happen. I will be Waiting for Apple TV excited about this. Apple had made deals with couple of channels now. This might your cable killer in America. Then you have sling as wel. I am looking forward for this. Comcast is the only company that did not want to participate but hopefully Apple can kill cable plans all together which are ridiculously over priced and I don't have hear bs from internet providers to sign up for cable to get better. Although my response has stumped many reps when I say I don't watch tv their expression is priceless :hysterical:

Going tomorrow morning to get either apple tv or roku stick or fire stick. Not getting chromecast as it does not have remote. Now that I have a tv with more hdmi ports, it makes sense to have a roku kind of stick. Only reason I am getting this so that i can access watch espn app during grandslam season when they show 5 games at a time, and livestream app as they cover other great tennis events. Both of these apps are missing from my smart tv hub.

Other than having HBO without cable, there is nothing that would put Apple TV over Roku. The amount of content available on Roku far outdoes Apple TV. But if HBO is important to you, then Apple TV should be your pick.

Other than having HBO without cable' date=' there is nothing that would put Apple TV over Roku. The amount of content available on Roku far outdoes Apple TV. But if HBO is important to you, then Apple TV should be your pick.[/quote'] I got hbo,starz, showtime with my Fios tv package, so not really worried about that. Hence I am leaning more towards roku now or may ne fire too. Both are stick form so easy to carry too.

I got hbo' date='starz, showtime with my Fios tv package, so not really worried about that. Hence I am leaning more towards roku now or may ne fire too. Both are stick form so easy to carry too.[/quote'] Just a little advice on these sticks... their processors are not as good as the full blown boxes. I have the Roku 3 and I have seen the Roku stick in action and there is a noticable difference in performance between the two.

Just a little advice on these sticks... their processors are not as good as the full blown boxes. I have the Roku 3 and I have seen the Roku stick in action and there is a noticable difference in performance between the two.
Yeah was just reading about it. Still little enticed towards the stick because of its size and that i will not be using daily. Let's see manyana

I know a guy who worked for Roku customer support in Delhi. He said that the connections involved in between tv , routers, roku and Lan connection can be real pain in the back. He got extremely depressed in supporting USA customers who don't know nothing about these technical things and they would abuse them on the phone if the connection is not established. He left the job as the pressure was too much for him to handle. Lol

Going tomorrow morning to get either apple tv or roku stick or fire stick. Not getting chromecast as it does not have remote. Now that I have a tv with more hdmi ports, it makes sense to have a roku kind of stick. Only reason I am getting this so that i can access watch espn app during grandslam season when they show 5 games at a time, and livestream app as they cover other great tennis events. Both of these apps are missing from my smart tv hub.
Apple TV is due this june. If I were I would wait just two more months to get the latest hardware. Even roku might refresh this year.

Apple TV is due this june. If I were I would wait just two more months to get the latest hardware. Even roku might refresh this year.
I do not think it will be any major changes, also it is futile to wait for something like this or camera since theyse things keep coming and changing every 9 months. I just rather buy now and enjoy and not compensate with my enjoyment instead of waiting 2 more months. Not that there is a revolutionary change coming with a new product. Just probably minor changes.

I got Chromecast. It's alright. :dontknow:
Being the chepeast among all sticks and also just $35 makes it very easy buy for everyone. I just wish it had more than just screen mirroring, which I am sure they will come out with if they want to be in competition with roku, amazon and apple. They have to come out built in apps feature so that we don't have to rely on our pc or tablet or phone to connect to apps like watch espn.

Being the chepeast among all sticks and also just $35 makes it very easy buy for everyone. I just wish it had more than just screen mirroring' date=' which I am sure they will come out with if they want to be in competition with roku, amazon and apple. They have to come out built in apps feature so that we don't have to rely on our pc or tablet or phone to connect to apps like watch espn.[/quote'] I have chromecast, only for videos you play on the device, all other video - like YT , Netflix have chromecast extensions. So, it is the most practical one. I am sure other apps also have this feature, but I use only YT/Netflix to watch movies.

Youtube interface sucks on all devices i use. Dog slow. Is it faster in chromecast?
You tube gets a chromecast extension on the device. So if chromecast is detected, YT shows an extra button to enable to stream through wifi to the chromecast device connected to TV. I had to adjust the sound delay on my receiver system (home theatre) so the lag is synced, but video is perfect.