Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

Wish they make Ponniyin Selvan in Tamil. An epic Tamil novel. Many attempted including Kamal. For some reason it was put on hold by everyone. When you make a movie based on a novel it always comes out better. Raja Mowli can try his hand at it.
I guess it is opposite, films barely do justice to a great book.

Only thing I didn't like was hero tearing the clothes of the heroine that wasn't needed.
We wouldn't have had the same set of morals in ancient times as we have today. What could be considered to be disgusting now could be acceptable in a movie based in an unknown period.

We wouldn't have had the same set of morals in ancient times as we have today. What could be considered to be disgusting now could be acceptable in a movie based in an unknown period.
I understand where you are coming from but it was avoidable. A couple of yrs ago, this movie poster created a fuss in Tollywood. Hero is Mahesh Babu. Cine-swami.jpg Samantha ( South heroine ) tweeted that this poster is sexist or something like that which I agree - no need to show a woman on her knees ( she is not the one in the movie/poster ). Samantha's boyfriend Siddharth ( of Boys, Rang de basanti and carrom? fame ) joined her gf. Fans of Mahesh Babu literally murdered Samantha/Siddharth online. Ultimately Mahesh Babu cooled it down by apologizing if it hurt anyone and Mahesh-Samantha patched up in an award function. However, this is not exclusive to Tollywood ( though I agree it is more ). I can remember many Urmila movies in Bollywood which are much worse.

I understand where you are coming from but it was avoidable. A couple of yrs ago, this movie poster created a fuss in Tollywood. Hero is Mahesh Babu. Cine-swami.jpg Samantha ( South heroine ) tweeted that this poster is sexist or something like that which I agree - no need to show a woman on her knees ( she is not the one in the movie/poster ). Samantha's boyfriend Siddharth ( of Boys, Rang de basanti and carrom? fame ) joined her gf. Fans of Mahesh Babu literally murdered Samantha/Siddharth online. Ultimately Mahesh Babu cooled it down by apologizing if it hurt anyone and Mahesh-Samantha patched up in an award function. However, this is not exclusive to Tollywood ( though I agree it is more ). I can remember many Urmila movies in Bollywood which are much worse.
I don't find anything wrong with that picture. Playfully crawling along on all fours, sexually biting at the toes, placing a foot on the shoulder etc are casual fun activities that don't necessarily imply the domination of one sex over the other. There are numerous sexist activities happening in day to day life, like the dowry system, discouraging women from going to work and treating them like baby generating machines, female infanticide etc that are deep rooted in the society. The issue with feminists is that they are well meaning but have misplaced priorities.

100% true. All movies show navel. But they take it to a new level.:cantstop:
Their is director named raghavender rao he is famous for it. Most of his movies have fruits like grapes and flowers thrown at navel. He is an assistant director for bahubali.

A lot of action sequences are OTT in my opinion. At times cringe worthy. What surprised me was how well it is holding up even now 2 weeks after release that too in North India. I watched it in 9:30 night show in Delhi and it was full house before last hour.

A lot of action sequences are OTT in my opinion. At times cringe worthy. What surprised me was how well it is holding up even now 2 weeks after release that too in North India. I watched it in 9:30 night show in Delhi and it was full house before last hour.
It has already done 50 plus crores in Hindi belt,must be a record for a south film.

It has already done 50 plus crores in Hindi belt' date='must be a record for a south film.[/quote'] 70 crores in 12 days. Easily the record. The earlier one was Rajni's Robo which grossed around 23 crores. Its still pretty steady and could add another 15 crores to its kitty easily.

70 crores in 12 days. Easily the record. The earlier one was Rajni's Robo which grossed around 23 crores. Its still pretty steady and could add another 15 crores to its kitty easily.
Don't think makers realized it will do so well in Hindi, otherwise it would have had a bigger Hindi release.

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/Details/art_detail/baahubaligrossed150croreinitsfirstweekendandbajrangibhaijaandid105croredoesthisnotshowtherealvalueofbajrangibhaijaanwhichisbeingcalledablockbusterandagreatfilm#.VbCeQPlVg4I
Q. Baahubali grossed 150 crore in its first weekend and Bajrangi Bhaijaan did 105 crore. Does this not show the real value of Bajrangi Bhaijaan which is being called a blockbuster and a great film? Ans. This is like comparing houses with cars. Box Office numbers are generally inflated but there is a degree to that inflation. There are highly inflated numbers and others which are less inflated. Here is one number is near actuals and another which is highly inflated so comparison is pointless. Basically Bajrangi Bhaijaan is the highest weekend for a film in one language and the second highest in multiples languages after Dhoom 3. Baahubali has also done incredible business but the numbers going around are much higher than its actual business.
How do we know which is inflated and which is not. ha.

India's first attempt to make something like LOTR/GOT/Troy etc. So content has not much relevance. It will pave way for making other period movies with better production value.

Not big news but Guinness world record for world's largest poster belongs to our own Indian Bahubali :two_thumbs_up: http://www.ibtimes.co.in/after-box-office-baahubali-bahubali-breaks-guinness-world-record-photos-640164 GuinnessWorldRecords ✔@GWR See how the world's largest poster - 4,793.65 m² - was created for @BaahubaliMovie http://bit.ly/GWR-LargestPoster … #Baahubali 5:48 PM - 22 Jul 2015 Jai Mahismati :two_thumbs_up:

BTW - There are hundreds of twitter/FB battles, blog posts and other stuff between Adlibs and so called Bhakts ( I am not taking any sides here ) about abusing hindus to make money visavis acknowledging people's sentiments and making money. The image below is a good summary CJ32AEnUcAAfF6u.jpg:large Either way, both groups are watching the movie for their own reasons and film is gaining :two_thumbs_up:

OK. The more of think about the movie. They portrayed it like mahabharat. I dont know how many people observed the resemblance here. Kauravas and Pandavas fight for the kingdom. Rana gang for Kauravas he himself potrayed like duryodhan with his weapon resembling that and also the strongest person. Prabhas as arjuna all of the posters and movie highlight his bow and arrow skills.

OK. The more of think about the movie. They portrayed it like mahabharat. I dont know how many people observed the resemblance here. Kauravas and Pandavas fight for the kingdom. Rana gang for Kauravas he himself potrayed like duryodhan with his weapon resembling that and also the strongest person. Prabhas as arjuna all of the posters and movie highlight his bow and arrow skills.
Lol .... Wasn't that obvious :dontknow: