Lucky current cricketers - selected with any good credentials

gattaca

This thread is to track lucky cricketers despite poor credentials. For India : Ishant Rohit Binny Ishant -- named his name iishant after visiting god man and look how good he is now with luck and performs once in a blue moon. Rohit in tests-- bullied windies on flat tracks , misses straight deliveries from steyn, new bowlers and still selected. Kumble better bat than him. Binny-- has good looking wife and that's about it has no notable performances. I haven't watched other teams recently but you can add your picks.

Whatttt? Is this a joke. Last time I remember India win a test was due to ishant. Rohit is already crossed the bridge of being a atg loi player....yes he is finding his feet in tests and every cricket lover is rooting for that guy as he is probably the best potential to break in to the scene since abdv As far as binny,yes he is a quota pic but has done nothing wrong in the chances he got

Whatttt? Is this a joke. Last time I remember India win a test was due to ishant. Rohit is already crossed the bridge of being a atg loi player....yes he is finding his feet in tests and every cricket lover is rooting for that guy as he is probably the best potential to break in to the scene since abdv As far as binny,yes he is a quota pic but has done nothing wrong in the chances he got
You mean 99% of ICFers are not cricket lovers? :giggle:
When u are not made for tests ....u just aren't. As simple as that. Don't think rohit's lazy stroke play is made for test.
You mean 99% of ICFers are not cricket lovers? :giggle:
No they are disappointed,frustrated and most importantly impatient...I think defines the millenial generation. Just around 2012,people were arguing Rohit is not good for LOI cricket and Test cricket was his game.....and since 2012,we saw one of the biggest Rocky stories a turnaround that created World records,tournaments,epic innings and crucial games. We need some patient...it is still a very young career and to be fair to him he hasn't been given a consistent run in tests. I was disappointed in Rohit's performance in the first test just like I was with every other player for losing the test.
When u are not made for tests ....u just aren't. As simple as that. Don't think rohit's lazy stroke play is made for test.
The 138 he scored against AUstralia on a difficult track under difficult conditions is comparable to any back to the wall test innings....that shows the kind of innings he can play.
No they are disappointed,frustrated and most importantly impatient...I think defines the millenial generation. Just around 2012,people were arguing Rohit is not good for LOI cricket and Test cricket was his game.....and since 2012,we saw one of the biggest Rocky stories a turnaround that created World records,tournaments,epic innings and crucial games. We need some patient...it is still a very young career and to be fair to him he hasn't been given a consistent run in tests. I was disappointed in Rohit's performance in the first test just like I was with every other player for losing the test.
Hes still not good in ODI , hes been gifted the opening slot where every hack looks like a ATG . Put him down the order he still the same garbage of a player he was on 2012 .
Hes still not good in ODI ' date=' hes been gifted the opening slot where every hack looks like a ATG . Put him down the order he still the same garbage of a player he was on 2012 .[/quote'] I don't consider him a good player either. He's just not consistent enough and responsible enough. Still don't think opening is easy. It still requires certain characteristics. But yeah, I wouldn't shed a tear if Rohit Sharma is permanently dropped from all forms of cricket.
It was much harder opening in ODIs 10 years back than it is now . while both Tendulkar and Viru had the game to play down the order too ' date=' but the likes of Rohit dont .[/quote'] Opening was not tougher than what it is now. Now, you have negotiate two new balls.

We falsely believe that Rohit is good opener because of champions trophy win(Dhawan mainly) and Home series against Australia. After that he had done nothing in odis except Tuk tuking and killing momentum like he did in SA and NZ odis.He only performed in one odi against Australia in tri series this year after that. Only reason why we can bear him odis is the hope of his excessive acceleration after completing half century which barely comes once in year.

We falsely believe that Rohit is good opener because of champions trophy win(Dhawan mainly) and Home series against Australia. After that he had done nothing in odis except Tuk tuking and killing momentum like he did in SA and NZ odis.He only performed in one odi against Australia in tri series this year after that. Only reason why we can bear him odis is the hope of his excessive acceleration after completing half century which barely comes once in year.
He was highest run getter for us in WI triseries played on tough pitches. He is averaging about to 50 as an opener. Now, you dont average 50 by not doing well. Yes, he has been rubbish in tests.
Much flatter wickets ' date=' smaller grounds , bigger bats . When was the last time you saw a opener struggle cos of Two new balls ? its only 2-3 overs they need to play out[/quote'] So you mean batting in general was tougher back then. It's not only openers who have access to flatter sickets, smaller grounds and bigger bats.