England tour being put in jeopardy by Anurag Thakur, Ajay Shirke: Lodha Panel

Obstinate attitude by BCCI president Anurag Thakur and secretary Ajay Shirke is putting the entire “England series in jeopardy” said a source close to the Supreme Court appointed Justice RM Lodha panel.

While BCCI is yet to sign MoU with ECB regarding the clause including the financial aspects related to the series citing non-appointment of auditor, the source made it clear that the England Test series will be in a limbo if Thakur and Shirke don’t file their compliance report and appear in person before the panel.

The source informed that Lodha Panel is still waiting for the affidavits from Thakur and Shirke. “President and Secretary as per SC direction have to file affidavits in 2 weeks and then appear before the Committee. They have done neither. President BCCI also has to furnish undertaking to the Committee. That has also not been done. In the absence of all this, the England tour is being put in jeopardy by Thakur and Shirke.”

In an earlier response, Lodha panel has stated: “The proposed MoU between BCCI and ECB concerns bilateral cricketing policy, the formulation of which is not a part of the mandate of the Committee. As far as payments are concerned, if they are to be made directly by the BCCI, no directions can be given by this Committee until relevant details are furnished by the BCCI.”

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/england-tour-jeopardy-anurag-thakur-ajay-shirke-lodha-panel-3735979/

Thank you Supreme court for destroying cricket in India.

22 minutes ago, Shamim.Miah said:

I think people like Sachin Tendulkar or Sourav Ganguly should head BCCI.

Does it alway's have to be some administrator or big business men?

Tendulkar??? Tried politics. Did not impress. He can't do much other than play cricket. And at cricket he was among the best. 

Ganguly, yeah, he's on the administrative track, and there's a good chance we'll see him take a top role in the BCCI. 

This is bcci tactic to gain public sentiments and put lodha panel and supreme court into pressure and thereby force them to compromise on their stand on implementation of recommendations.

Even if the series get cancelled fans need to stand on the side of supreme court as these recommendations are for the betterment of Indian cricket in the longer run. Lodha panel or supreme court has nothing to gain from implementing the changes.

Edited by renjith

BCCI is rattled because now Lodha panel is asking to submit the Deloitte report .

They cried the same nonsense about NZL tour being cancelled.Now same thing about England tour .

As if they will dare cancel their multi million dollar money making tours .

At this stage if that is what it takes to clean up BCCI then so be it .

No big loss even if the entire home season is cancelled if the long term benefit of cleaning up of BCCI can be achieved.Not that the crying BCCI will ever dare do it .

Arguably one of the richest bodies in international sport and does virtually nothing to improve cricket infrastructure in India , full of corruption and nepotism and then when SC tries to clean up for the good ,goes pillar to pillar crying wolf .

BCCI and all these state boards can get *ed if that's their strategy rather than toeing the line and cleaning up.

BCCI tells ECB to bear their own expenses - http://zeenews.india.com/cricket/stubborn-bcci-put-india-england-series-in-danger-ecb-asked-to-bear-their-own-expenses_1946252.html

"Certain courtesies such as hotel, travel and various other arrangements have been extended to you on arrival of the team in India. However, till the MoU is executed, the BCCI is not in a position to commit to paying for the same. Please make arrangements to remit such payments. The BCCI will inform you as and when further instructions are received by the BCCI from the Lodha Committee."

:giggle:

Bcci officials are digging their own grave.If they had just accepted some recommendations then Sc would have given them some time.

BCCI is rattled because now Lodha panel is asking to submit the Deloitte report .

They cried the same nonsense about NZL tour being cancelled.Now same thing about England tour .

No big loss even if the entire home season is cancelled if the long term benefit of cleaning up of BCCI can be achieved.Not that the crying BCCI will ever dare do it .

Arguably one of the richest bodies in international sport and does virtually nothing to improve cricket infrastructure in India , full of corruption and nepotism and then when SC tries to clean up for the good ,goes pillar to pillar crying wolf .

BCCI and all these state boards can get *ed if that's their strategy rather than toeing the line and cleaning up.

Dunno what Bcci bosses are thinking it would not matter to Sc if tour is cancelled .Finally they have to implement recommendations.

48 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

i dont understand what are those extraordinary reforms you are talking about. After Srinavasn gone, BCCI is pretty much a corruption free body. Srini was the real leech.

Regardless of BCCI stand in this regard they should appear before the court and then fight their stand. If a sports body is ignoring the law at highest level then what example is it setting for such big followers of the game in India? Everyone will start feeling that they are above the law. 

If they don't agree to some changes then they should use their lawyer for that. If one is ignoring appearing before court then they will have to face the consequences.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

i dont understand what are those extraordinary reforms you are talking about. After Srinavasn gone, BCCI is pretty much a corruption free body. Srini was the real leech.

Don't know if any recommendation can be termed as extra ordinary. But intention of the recommendations are for the betterment of indian cricket. That is what matters.

Bcci guys who are opposing it are the ones who will loose some of their powers, or can't continue in top positions till they die, or don't want 100% transparency in the operations of bcci.

2 minutes ago, renjith said:

Don't know if any recommendation can be termed as extra ordinary. But intention of the recommendations are for the betterment of indian cricket. That is what matters.

Bcci guys who are opposing it are the ones who will loose some of their powers, or can't continue in top positions till they die, or don't want 100% transparency in the operations of bcci.

Can you tell me how the following recommendations that BCCI is resisting bring in transparency?

1.Retire at 70 years.Why? If the PM and CM can be above 70 why not BCCI office bearer?

2. 3 year cooling off period.Is there any cooling off period in any public post in India?

3. Only total of 9 years in BCCI. Why?

4. No votes for multiple associations in the same state.So Mumbai Baroda Saurashtra etc dont get a vote.What has this got to do with transparency?

30 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Can you tell me how the following recommendations that BCCI is resisting bring in transparency?

1.Retire at 70 years.Why? If the PM and CM can be above 70 why not BCCI office bearer?

2. 3 year cooling off period.Is there any cooling off period in any public post in India?

3. Only total of 9 years in BCCI. Why?

4. No votes for multiple associations in the same state.So Mumbai Baroda Saurashtra etc dont get a vote.What has this got to do with transparency?

These ones are not related to transparency. From Wat I can see these recommendations are for controlling the power a person or state board can get over the organization and thereby establishing monopoly. I don't know if monopoly is the word to use here. But hope you got Wat I meant.

Any icf member who is a lawyer can explain it better than me.

Edited by renjith
2 minutes ago, renjith said:

These ones are not related to transparency. From Wat I can see these recommendations are for controlling the power a person or state board can get over the organization and thereby establishing monopoly. I don't know if monopoly is the word to use here. But hope you got Wat I meant.

Any icf member who is a lawyer can explain it better than me.

How can a state board establish monopoly?

6 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

How can a state board establish monopoly?

When  a state have more than one vote. They can dictate things and use it to their advantage over other states in terms of fund allocation, match allocation, ... This is Wat I can think of. Don't know if there is more meaning to it.

Edited by renjith
1 minute ago, renjith said:

When  a state have more than one vote. They can dictate things and use it to their advantage over other states in terms of fund allocation, match allocation, ... This is Wat I can think of. Don't know if there is more meaning to it.

There is rotation system in BCCI. So each zone gets chance to elect President once in 10 years.

4 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

There is rotation system in BCCI. So each zone gets chance to elect President once in 10 years.

But more votes for a state will obviously mean more power rite. There might have been cases of misusing this in the past in terms of fund allocation.

11 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Fund allocation is uniform for all members.

I mean when a state have more votes than other states, they can misuse it in whatever ways they want rite? We may not be able to find out the ways of misuse or the extend of it. The panel might have found cases of misuse and hense this regulation. That is Wat I can think of.

Also only the right to vote is removed rest of every previlege for those boards does not have any issues.

Also Am not sure if fund is uniform as well. May be someone can confirm.

Edited by renjith
I mean when a state have more votes than other states, they can misuse it in whatever ways they want rite? We may not be able to find out the ways of misuse or the extend of it. The panel might have found cases of misuse and hense this regulation. That is Wat I can think of.

Also only the right to vote is removed rest of every previlege for those boards does not have any issues.

You are assuming that the boards will have same interests.Its wrong.Now Maharashtra has Vidarbha,Maharashtra and Mumbai.Vidarbha is on onse side and Maharashtra and Mumbai on the other side on Lodha reforms.

By removing votes the the non voting members become associate members and their fund allocation goes down.

They will be replaced by the likes of Pondicherry Manipur etc etc.Does this make any sense?