Prithvi Shaw

Likes of Starc,Rabada etc. will play in the IPL and that will give you a better picture....Pant is rated so highly or even Samson because how comfortable they looked against international quality pace bowling...on the other hand Unmukt Chand's hype died down after he looked like a deer in headlights against 140+ bowling.

Shaw's huge upside is he is only 17,so must be absolutely fearless...so this IPL season when he takes on the likes of Starc,Rabada and company,that will be a sign of things to come...obviously even if he fails it will be unfair to write off a 17 year old but we will see a taste of what is to come.

He will not learn anything playing types of Sandhu,Kalaria etc.

Edited by maniac
Just now, express bowling said:

We have some fast and  fast-medium bowlers too in our domestic cricket      :)

Surely-- Nathu Singh, Shardul Thakur, Barinder Sran, Ankit Rajpoot, Pradeep Sangwan, Aniket Chaudhury, Pankaj Singh, Avesh Khan, Md.Sayyed,  BabaShafi Pathan,  Abu Nechim, Rahul Shukla, Payan Suyal

Probably -- Md.Siraj, Amit Kuila, Lalit Yadav, Ravi Kiran, Navdeep Saini, Sandeep Warrier

Never heard of him...how fast is he? also you forgot Khaleel

Shaw looks like a compact player.  He has a wide range of strokes which pack a punch too....the kid has power.

He scored quickly yesterday while playing a low-risk game ( except some pokes outside off-stump ).  He played front foot and back-foot drives, flicks and cuts.  In the last match, he was leaving bouncers well.

Most importantly....despite him being a rookie player playing his first couple of FC games, he never looked out of place but usually looked better than his peers.

Excellent talent and looking forward to seeing him in the IPL.

17 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We have some fast and  fast-medium bowlers too in our domestic cricket      :)

Surely-- Nathu Singh, Shardul Thakur, Barinder Sran, Ankit Rajpoot, Pradeep Sangwan, Aniket Chaudhury, Pankaj Singh, Avesh Khan, Md.Sayyed,  BabaShafi Pathan,  Abu Nechim, Rahul Shukla, Payan Suyal

Probably -- Md.Siraj, Amit Kuila, Lalit Yadav, Ravi Kiran, Navdeep Saini, Sandeep Warrier

Totally agree . Last 10 to 15 years things much better and on the way up and up . Plus have right skipper in place to pick and develop pace bowlers .

some potential quicks to develop .

i still have hopes for Aaron 

23 minutes ago, maniac said:

Likes of Starc,Rabada etc. will play in the IPL and that will give you a better picture....Pant is rated so highly or even Samson because how comfortable they looked against international quality pace bowling...on the other hand Unmukt Chand's hype died down after he looked like a deer in headlights against 140+ bowling.

Shaw's huge upside is he is only 17,so must be absolutely fearless...so this IPL season when he takes on the likes of Starc,Rabada and company,that will be a sign of things to come...obviously even if he fails it will be unfair to write off a 17 year old but we will see a taste of what is to come.

He will not learn anything playing types of Sandhu,Kalaria etc.

Agree and don't agree 

at 17 he will learn plenty facing a sandhu who of course is not quick but no doubts is accourqte and moves it 

yes ipl ipl will give some idea but not all .

i mean walking in needing 10 an over of starc may not suit him . But facing starc in a test being defensive against him and just waiting for bad ball may do .

i can think of many top test bats who would suck facing sandhu in ipl let alone starc lol

8 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Totally agree . Last 10 to 15 years things much better and on the way up and up . Plus have right skipper in place to pick and develop pace bowlers .

some potential quicks to develop .

i still have hopes for Aaron 

Surely....I did not name him as he has played quite a few international matches.    

Our international genuine  quick bowlers are Umesh, Shami, Ishant, Aaron ,  Pandya and Bumrah ......and we have never seen so many play together. Most of them are  getting better under Kohli and Kumble.     : )

Edited by express bowling
Just now, express bowling said:

Surely....I did not name him as he has played quite a few international matches.    

Our international quick bowlers are Umesh, Shami, Ishant, Aaron and   Pandya......and we have never seen so many play together. They are all getting better under Kohli and Kumble.     : )

Yes it's great . And more to come . Shame regioanl selections meant no new pacer played in recent odi A game . Instead we had nehra ffs 

kohli and Kumble been great in this regards . Dravid also seems in sink with them . Good times 

We should make him play against Starc and Hazlewood when they tour here. I am sure there will be few warm ups and it will be a good idea to give him and Panchal a chance against Aussies. For Shaw it will be great opportunity to face a good line and length bower like Hazlewood and the speed of bowler like Starc, something which he doesn't get to fac on regular basis in Indian cricket or at under 19 level. 

32 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

just let him enjoy and play for a few seasons....no A tours etc.  

Let a kid be a kid. 

Why? It is always fine to have at least one such youngster to travel wih A side. The more oppportunities he get, the better.

Anyways, more than A side, we need him to play against Australia in warm up in India. That is better test than facing a 3rd string Aussie bowling attack  in Australia when playing for India A on allan border cricket field or other patta aussie third grade grounds which are not even used by their sheffield shield teams. 

6 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Why? It is always fine to have at least one such youngster to travel wih A side. The more oppportunities he get, the better.

Anyways, more than A side, we need him to play against Australia in warm up in India. That is better test than facing a 3rd string Aussie bowling attack  in Australia when playing for India A on allan border cricket field or other patta aussie third grade grounds which are not even used by their sheffield shield teams. 

just coupleof Ranji games and he is eligible to play next level.....what about others who have been toiling hard in domestic circuit....

One thing is for sure.....he is not special talent.....he looks like IYER or BISLA or Sarfarz Khan......He will certainly struggle on the next level.....so fast tracking might not be the option

1 minute ago, gakgupta said:

just coupleof Ranji games and he is eligible to play next level.....what about others who have been toiling hard in domestic circuit....

One thing is for sure.....he is not special talent.....he looks like IYER or BISLA or Sarfarz Khan......He will certainly struggle on the next level.....so fast tracking might not be the option

He is only 17...he was a child prodigy....people have been having high hopes on him since he was 14 years old when he hit 500+ in Haris shield...in fact I believe Pranav broke his record against toddlers.

so he has been making waves much before.

but what I expect from him is to be more in the Haseeb Hameed mould. But again when I saw Kohli in 2008 I thought he will do well in ODIs but he is the king of T20 today...similarly Rohit was thought to be tailor made for test cricket but now he is one of the feared power hitters in the world...so players evolve.

so far he is transferring sucess from one level to the other so very promising.

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

He is only 17...he was a child prodigy....people have been having high hopes on him since he was 14 years old when he hit 500+ in Haris shield...in fact I believe Pranav broke his record against toddlers.

so he has been making waves much before.

but what I expect from him is to be more in the Haseeb Hameed mould. But again when I saw Kohli in 2008 I thought he will do well in ODIs but he is the king of T20 today...similarly Rohit was thought to be tailor made for test cricket but now he is one of the feared power hitters in the world...so players evolve.

so far he is transferring sucess from one level to the other so very promising.

at this point of time, there are better batsmen than him .....so he has to wait for his chance....

14 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

I agree that others deserve more chances, but just for exposure, I will play him against the quality Australian attack in the warm  up game. I will fill the team with all ranji prospects like you mentioned and give one slot for this guy, just because he is exception since he is 17, and can be really good for us in the future. Always good to have some young guys play against a touring side. 

Just now, Cricketics said:

I agree that others deserve more chances, but just for exposure, I will play him against the quality Australian attack in the warm  up game. I will fill the team with all ranji prospects like you mentioned and give one slot for this guy, just because he is exception since he is 17, and can be really good for us in the future. Always good to have some young guys play against a touring side. 

Nope not ready for A levels yet....at best he can come in as a substitute fielder in one of the test matches in mumbai like they do in aus and England to get some exposure.

As I said IPL is his next test and also 1 full successful season.

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Nope not ready for A levels yet....at best he can come in as a substitute fielder in one of the test matches in mumbai like they do in aus and England to get some exposure.

As I said IPL is his next test and also 1 full successful season.

Not ready is why we need him. At 17, he has all to gain. No harm. It is not that we are throwing him under the bus. He will gain a lot. One game does not mean he is a regular at A level. Let him play at least one game, he has all to gain.