Indian media watch thread

Number

Respect to India Today.Tried to do decent coverage of Chennai floods and even Sardesai used twitter to engage in some relief efforts .

Pathetic the way NDTV and Times Now has ignored it as if some non issue .The only time they covered it was when the Airport was flooded .

I know they are Delhi based media rather than so called MSM but even then it was a bit extreme for them considering even countries like Singapore covered it extensively

Times Now asks journalist to appear on Noisehour , asks him to tone down his criticism of Arun Jaitley and exercise restraint in expressing his views. When he refuses , his appearance is cancelled.

Last week, on 23 December 2015, the Bharatiya Janata Party suspended Kirti Azad. Late that evening, I got a call from Times Now asking me to appear for the channel’s 9 pm show—The Newshour. As is customary, I was asked about my views on the matter before my interview was recorded, and I expressed them. They were not very complimentary to Jaitley.

Within minutes, I got a call, this time, to ask me if I could express myself on the matter with some caution. I answered that the only caution I would exercise was journalistic. I soon received another call from a person more senior in the organisational hierarchy, and we ran through the same conversation...... A few minutes later, I got called once again claiming the OB (outside broadcasting) van that was headed to my flat was stuck in traffic. Coincidentally, the van never made it. 

http://www.caravanmagazine.in/vantage/arun-jaitley-lutyens-delhi#sthash.ukiQ6tAX.dpuf

Very well written and relevant article. I was going to post it too, but you beat me to it. That is why despite the blatantly Congressi views, I still prefer to watch NDTV because they tend to sensationalize news the least. I do hope though that quality is appreciated by advertisers over quantity.

:hysterical: NDTv like all other Tamshaewaale journalist is celebratin Success of ODD even formula ,If this is  what they call quality then what is garbage