Indian media watch thread

Number

didn't watch the whole video but watched some part of second video. All I can say this woman is disgusting. The earlier Modi gets rid of her, better of this govt. The way she claimed that demonstrators were terrorizing her 11 years old daughter looked absolutely ugly and deplorable. If daughter of one of the strongest union cabinet minister who also happens to be closest to Modi can be terrorized like that in broad day light in central of Delhi, then I think Home minister Rajnath Singh should resign with immediate effect. The way she did drama and played victim card on Aaj Tak journalist's question was another shameful moment. She still thinks and she is acting in saas-bahu serial. Must be got rid of. Its a shame that we have a HRD minister as pitiable as her.
You need to calm down sir. So much abusive words for a minister who has not done anything wrong as a minister till now is a bit too much. Arvind took oath of his children head in media conference wasn't that ugly. She has received lots of criticism just because she was a TV actor, The Congress spokesperson on national TV calling her "Thumke lagati thi". Sharad Yadav called her, "I know what you are" and you conviniently missed the first video were a sexist question was asked to her and she replied in the same fashion. Just because she doesn't take shits from people doesn't mean you should harsh words like pitiable, disgusting etc.

didn't watch the whole video but watched some part of second video. All I can say this woman is disgusting. The earlier Modi gets rid of her, better of this govt. The way she claimed that demonstrators were terrorizing her 11 years old daughter looked absolutely ugly and deplorable. If daughter of one of the strongest union cabinet minister who also happens to be closest to Modi can be terrorized like that in broad day light in central of Delhi, then I think Home minister Rajnath Singh should resign with immediate effect. The way she did drama and played victim card on Aaj Tak journalist's question was another shameful moment. She still thinks and she is acting in saas-bahu serial. Must be got rid of. Its a shame that we have a HRD minister as pitiable as her.
Poor post from an otherwise very good poster.

Poor post from an otherwise very good poster.
If you are a female with no degree, work in Saas Bahu soap, You cant have brain.I think this is where media guys start with her and then get the treatment from her. Its shame that our Raghav looks like doing exactly same, without realizing it.

You need to calm down sir. So much abusive words for a minister who has not done anything wrong as a minister till now is a bit too much. Arvind took oath of his children head in media conference wasn't that ugly. She has received lots of criticism just because she was a TV actor, The Congress spokesperson on national TV calling her "Thumke lagati thi". Sharad Yadav called her, "I know what you are" and you conviniently missed the first video were a sexist question was asked to her and she replied in the same fashion. Just because she doesn't take shits from people doesn't mean you should harsh words like pitiable, disgusting etc.
Do you have special code of conduct for me on this forum? You are finding words pitiable and disgusting objectionable while people easily pass on words bast*a*rds, kutta, and of similar type. Sorry I don't accept this criticism that my language is even borderline by ICF standards. I am scathing in my criticism because I found her conduct highly deplorable. Sexist question that has been referred in Media was in second part of video and if you look at it there was nothing sexist in that. She only dramatized it to play victim card. Aaj Tak reported simply asked, Aap mein kya khoobi lagi ki itani sab kamiyon ke bad bhi aapko HRD jaisi ministry and itani power de di. I don't know what she found sexism in that. But the way she create ruckus around that was as distasteful as was Ashutosh crying on TV, if not more. Also, I don't have a reason to be extra respectful for her for her being a woman. respect has to be earned.

BTW , Its now Padosi media which is irked by some News with regards to remembrance of 1965 war Heroes. Dont know credibility of it. :rofl:http://tribune.com.pk/story/896842/modis-govt-plans-carnival-to-mark-1965-war-with-pakistan/

Modi's govt plans carnival to mark 1965 war with Pakistan Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government has ordered its armed forces to organise a “carnival” to mark 50 years of the 1965 war with Pakistan. The three-week long event will take place on days that coincide with those of the 1965 war, according to Kolkota-based paper, The Telegraph. From September 1 to September 23, the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force have been asked to organise tableaux, exhibitions, processions, public lectures and film shows, the paper stated. However, the paper stated, “The Indian Navy is barely involved in the planned carnival.” .. .

Do you have special code of conduct for me on this forum? You are finding words pitiable and disgusting objectionable while people easily pass on words bast*a*rds, kutta, and of similar type. Sorry I don't accept this criticism that my language is even borderline by ICF standards. I am scathing in my criticism because I found her conduct highly deplorable.
Dude, not sure whether you remember or not but one of the whole thread was deleted from ICF after I made a huge hue and cry because of outty abusive words against our Prime Minister (last two posts had question for you before it got deleted). I have criticised many posters for foul language against Arvind KEjriwal in AAP thread also. I might have not uttered a single word if any of your abuse was related to her working as HRD Minister or any corruption or any policy or any lathargic attitude but your abuse was something related to a personality trait which I think you do not like aggressiveness in people. Anyways its your call, you need not respect or disrespect any person because of what I or any other poster think.
Sexist question that has been referred in Media was in second part of video and if you look at it there was nothing sexist in that. She only dramatized it to play victim card. Aaj Tak reported simply asked, Aap mein kya khoobi lagi ki itani sab kamiyon ke bad bhi aapko HRD jaisi ministry and itani power de di. I don't know what she found sexism in that. But the way she create ruckus around that was as distasteful as was Ashutosh crying on TV, if not more.
Don't even in your dream try to compare Smriti Irani with Ashutosh. She will never ever cry on screen. Smriti Irani like Arvind, Nitish, Mulayam, Modi is an ambitious politician. All the ambitious politician loves being in centre of attraction like how Arvind went to Varanasi to fight against Modi and how Smriti went to Amethi to fight against Rahul. These people cannot afford to be out of limelight because they are ambitious, they do not belong to a big name family and this is the only way to move forward. Being ambitious is something which needs criticism, I would differ on this but still its your call.
Also, I don't have a reason to be extra respectful for her for her being a woman. respect has to be earned.
Nobody is asking you to be even respectful let alone be extra respectful just you could have avoided using abusive words.

Dude, not sure whether you remember or not but one of the whole thread was deleted from ICF after I made a huge hue and cry because of outty abusive words against our Prime Minister (last two posts had question for you before it got deleted). I have criticised many posters for foul language against Arvind KEjriwal in AAP thread also. I might have not uttered a single word if any of your abuse was related to her working as HRD Minister or any corruption or any policy or any lathargic attitude but your abuse was something related to a personality trait which I think you do not like aggressiveness in people. Anyways its your call, you need not respect or disrespect any person because of what I or any other poster think. Don't even in your dream try to compare Smriti Irani with Ashutosh. She will never ever cry on screen. Smriti Irani like Arvind, Nitish, Mulayam, Modi is an ambitious politician. All the ambitious politician loves being in centre of attraction like how Arvind went to Varanasi to fight against Modi and how Smriti went to Amethi to fight against Rahul. These people cannot afford to be out of limelight because they are ambitious, they do not belong to a big name family and this is the only way to move forward. Being ambitious is something which needs criticism, I would differ on this but still its your call. Nobody is asking you to be even respectful let alone be extra respectful just you could have avoided using abusive words.
First thing, Which of the words I used are abusive? Pitiable? Disgusting? Ugly and deplorable conduct? Do you think there is smallest of truth in her statements that her 11 year old daughter was unsafe because of protesters? If this is not drama what else would be? Do you believe that question was really sexist which was asked to her by Aaj Tak journalist which she tried to create so much drama about. No wonder most of the acadamecians have found her insulting towards them. You just read up comments from scientist Anil Kakodkar who recently quit from chairman position on IITB board. She is just drama nothing more. I also don't know how she has been able to grab a portfolio like HRD. If she is not willing to look outside party, at least she can learn from Sushma Swaraj on how to conduct yourself.

First thing, Which of the words I used are abusive? Pitiable? Disgusting? Ugly and deplorable conduct? Do you think there is smallest of truth in her statements that her 11 year old daughter was unsafe because of protesters? If this is not drama what else would be? Do you believe that question was really sexist which was asked to her by Aaj Tak journalist which she tried to create so much drama about.
She is also a mother for god sake, Indian mothers are big melodramatic when they talk about the safety of the kids.
No wonder most of the acadamecians have found her insulting towards them. You just read up comments from scientist Anil Kakodkar who recently quit from chairman position on IITB board. She is just drama nothing more. I also don't know how she has been able to grab a portfolio like HRD. If she is not willing to look outside party, at least she can learn from Sushma Swaraj on how to conduct yourself.
Sushma Swaraj :hysterical:. clearly you have no idea about Indian Politics or how politics is done actually. Wasn't Sushma Swaraj the one who shouted that she will shave her head if Sonia becomes PM in 2004 I mean issay bada drama kya ho sakta hai. Wasn't she the one who during her tenure as Delhi CM roaming in midnight at Delhi street to show how safe ladies were as if someone will eve tease her knowing who she was. Wasn't she the one who was dancing on songs during BJP meet. Now she is holier and soft spoken, boss ye sab mukhauta hota hai . Smriti Irani has started her political carrier she has to be in limelight. Sushma Swaraj is towards end of her political carrier she wants a graceful exit.

She is also a mother for god sake, Indian mothers are big melodramatic when they talk about the safety of the kids. ..
She can understand that she was secure, You can understand she was secure but how do you expect a 11 year old child to expect she is secure when there is a unruly mob out there on doors? She sounded genuine too. As far as rest of the content of her interview, I liked few policies she mentioned. Appointments and firing is concerned wrt corruption or ineffectiveness in various institutes, I think a lot of faculty members of various institutes looked in agreement with her when she said media will be after her as soon as she takes some decisive action. So she is mostly relying on nudging

@Raghav, Watch full interview. You will find it hard to disagree with her on various position. Applaud her confidence when she says I am minister and I know the data, For every question she went in details. Only issue I have is she got to do more when it comes to educating SC/ST children. Its not HRD problem ONLY, But she has to own it. Cos i think if she owns it, she will deliver it

She is also a mother for god sake, Indian mothers are big melodramatic when they talk about the safety of the kids.
They should not be as dramatic if they are one of the strongest minister of the country and should not try to get political mileage out of her 11 years old daughtrer. And what was that bullshit that Rahul Gandhi sent those hooligans to my house. How cheap this person is..!!

Looks like finally their (AAJ TAK, India Today, Headlines Today) biased reporting is biting back. Since past couple of month TV Today network Share prices have gone down drastically (30%). Hopefully their board will get back to senses before reaching pre 2013 level

All i can say is :hatsoff:

First thing, Which of the words I used are abusive? Pitiable? Disgusting? Ugly and deplorable conduct? Do you think there is smallest of truth in her statements that her 11 year old daughter was unsafe because of protesters? If this is not drama what else would be? Do you believe that question was really sexist which was asked to her by Aaj Tak journalist which she tried to create so much drama about. No wonder most of the acadamecians have found her insulting towards them. You just read up comments from scientist Anil Kakodkar who recently quit from chairman position on IITB board. She is just drama nothing more. I also don't know how she has been able to grab a portfolio like HRD. If she is not willing to look outside party, at least she can learn from Sushma Swaraj on how to conduct yourself.
Yes, that question was outrightly sexist to me. Anyway, that depends on person to person whether they find that question objectionable. Perhaps you are used to asking women about their "khoobis", I am not. The audience found that objectionable, some of her critics also found that objectionable. Again, it depends on person to person.

Maulana X: I am a proud Muslim, why should I do Yoga? MSM: Hmm true. Leader Y: I am a proud Hindu, why should I wear skullcap? MSM: Bigot! Yoga is Hindu but every one should do it MSM: Hindutva fascist! Somnath is Hindu temple, Non-H shouldn't enter. MSM: Hindutva Fascist! :facepalm:

Maulana X: I am a proud Muslim, why should I do Yoga? MSM: Hmm true. Leader Y: I am a proud Hindu, why should I wear skullcap? MSM: Bigot! Yoga is Hindu but every one should do it MSM: Hindutva fascist! Somnath is Hindu temple, Non-H shouldn't enter. MSM: Hindutva Fascist! :facepalm:
Big Logic Fail. :facepalm: Maulana is representative of specific faith while leader is representative of all faiths. Asking a Maulana do a hindu thing is like asking a Pujari do a muslim thing. But Narendra Modi is not pujari rather representative of all faith, at least in theory. Showing Modi as Hindu counterpart of Muslim Religious Person, you insinuating that Modi is representative of hindu religion. :facepalm: