Hats off to Delhi think tank!!!

Ultimate_Game

7 minutes ago, Zelig said:

They should have got replacements for de Kock and Duminy. :om: 

:bumsmack: They have Nair and you want Dravid to look for replacements for De Kock and Duminy??? :bumsmack: 

What makes you think De Kock and Duminy would have gotten a game with DD? Do you expect Dravid to bench our crown jewel Karun Nair and play someone else instead? :dontknow: 

10 minutes ago, asterix said:

DRAWid is actually doing more harm to these young players for their future in IPL and confidence level...

Sometimes you need to give some players break to protect them from going further downhill path...

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, Dravid should stick to identifying players at grass root level and leave tactics and strategies to others.

On 4/28/2017 at 8:23 PM, BCCI said:

Jaffer,Chanderpaul,Kallis wtf was he smoking :giggle:

Jaffer

Kohli

Dravid

Kallis

Chanderpaul

Misbah ul Haq

Boucher

Kumble

Steyn

Zaheer Khan

Sunil Joshi

Praveen Kumar

Vinay Kumar

A Solid test team that can give any dream team run of their money

Just now, sarchasm said:

:phehe:

I remember this legendary team. Think that loudmouth Charu Sharma was involved in some way with this team and gave some convoluted justification after the auction.

Mallaya canning Charu Sharma, Dravid and rest of the team management is the only good thing he has ever done :giggle: But the problem is he went overboard and went to the other extreme, i.e. get a team full of batting stars totally neglecting the bowling. RCB has continued to pay the price since.

4 minutes ago, BCCI said:

Dravid said it was decided pre tournament,in absence of Zak Karun will captain :phehe:

But the problem with that approach is that you can't be too rigid with your thinking. It's almost like playing Rahane in shorter formats as the captain in case Kohli is unfit coz Rahane was supposed to be the vice captain. You have to account for players' performance, form and their value to the team. Essentially Dravid is giving Nair a free pass and playing him coz he's the "vice captain". That thinking doesn't surprise me based on what I've seen :giggle: 

4 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

But the problem with that approach is that you can't be too rigid with your thinking. It's almost like playing Rahane in shorter formats as the captain in case Kohli is unfit coz Rahane was supposed to be the vice captain. You have to account for players' performance, form and their value to the team. Essentially Dravid is giving Nair a free pass and playing him coz he's the "vice captain". That thinking doesn't surprise me based on what I've seen :giggle: 

Once again I reiterate this is asking for too much common sense from DD management.

3 minutes ago, BCCI said:

Once again I reiterate this is asking for too much common sense from DD management.

Sadly I concur :sad: It's so bittersweet watching Ishan Kishan open for Gujarat and Pant not getting a single game as an opener despite Pant being far better opener than Kishan. Probably Dravid decided before the tournament that Pant had to bat in the middle and lower order and won't change the decision no matter what :facepalm: 

2 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Sadly I concur :sad: It's so bittersweet watching Ishan Kishan open for Gujarat and Pant not getting a single game as an opener despite Pant being far better opener than Kishan. Probably Dravid decided before the tournament that Pant had to bat in the middle and lower order and won't change the decision no matter what :facepalm: 

I am guessing this is only reason behind his batting position.Amazingly even Tare was given the chance to open.

2 minutes ago, BCCI said:

I am guessing this is only reason behind his batting position.Amazingly even Tare was given the chance to open.

Feel so let down this IPL. Was really waiting to see what Pant would do while opening after following him since his u-19 days. The kid was never given a fair chance where even a failure like Nair was given a chance at opening but not Pant :wall: