BCCI announces India squad for Champions Trophy 2017

Is the Indian CT2017 squad selection satisfactory?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are you overall happy with the CT2017 indian Squad?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

Am surprised to see no Nehra in the list. Shami kaise team mein aa gaya? Yahaan toh Nehra hona chahiye tha, BC. Yaar, Nehra k experience ka koi kadr hi nahi..

I don't understand rest of the post, Are you expecting Nehra when we have 4 best quick bowlers?

3 minutes ago, NareshK said:

Rahane is a tried and tested failure in ODIs. Dont know what selectors get out of beating a dead horse. They have done enough damage by selecting him over the last few years but dont seem to have learned their lesson. Yuvraj is past his prime and wont deliver. 

Could have gone for Pant, Samson, Shreyas Iyer or even Manoj Tiwary in Yuvraj or Rahane's place or even a wicket taking spinner like Kuldeep Yadav who has the x factor.

Selectors went the safe route as usual and dont have the balls to take tough decisions for the betterment of the team. Disappointed.

Even Amit Mishra would be a great choice whom we can expect to pick up wickets in the middle overs. Indian selectors don't learn. They keep on doing the same mistake. Selecting Mishra for test and dropping him from ODIs. That's exactly the opposite of what they should actually be doing.

1 minute ago, BeautifulGame said:

In ODIS Jadeja is far more reliable in both batting and bowling imo.

He atleast can be relied to keep the run rate in check and pick up odd wickets .

In his current form can't say that about Ashwin.We definitely missed a trick by not picking Kuldeep

I still feel Mishra is the best choice for spinner in ODIs followed by Chahal and Kuldeep.

I still feel Mishra is the best choice for spinner in ODIs followed by Chahal and Kuldeep.

Mishra can't handle pressure .Only a batsman goes after him he completely loses the plot.The way he melted at the 2014 T20 semis :headshake:

Complete No no for me for a world cup/CT like tournament.

Wouldnt have minded Chahal either.But Kuldeep for me has that X factor and most batsman hardly come up facing Chinaman bowlers

16 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

In that case, Ashwin taking us to 50 overs won't matter as India will definitely lose that match

Not really.

Sometimes small scores are difficult to defend.

Besides ash is expected to hold one end the others can score runs. 

One new batsman does not slow down run making as much as 2 new ones.

4 minutes ago, kira said:

Mishraji can't handle pressure and his batting and fielding + attitude are enough to keep him out of the side

But his bowling stats don't indicate that he can't handle pressure. We can expect Mishra to pick wickets in middle overs, but can't even hope that from Ashwin. And not much difference in fielding of Ashwin and Mishra.

1 minute ago, Number said:

Dhawan got selected because he did well in 2013 there.

But legend Ishant Sharma who single handedly won us Finals isn't selected lmao.

Two set batsmen, looking to easily take the game away, Sharma from nowhere, after being hit for 6 off the first ball, produces 2 wickets. Legend!!!

8 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Mishra can't handle pressure .Only a batsman goes after him he completely loses the plot.The way he melted at the 2014 T20 semis :headshake:

Complete No no for me for a world cup/CT like tournament.

Wouldnt have minded Chahal either.But Kuldeep for me has that X factor and most batsman hardly come up facing Chinaman bowlers

Mishra has had problems against left handed batsmen only. So Thishara was the one who took on him.

But same can be said about Ashwin too in Asia cup 2014 against Pakistan