The belief that it is right for Muslims to rape non-Muslim women in order to humiliate them, claims Islamic professor

Texy

29 minutes ago, kira said:

@sandeep Also did you notice how Asim has been running and dodging these criticisms of quran, he could have simply said that this is wrong but he chose to point fingers at hindus, cried about context and what not, he can't simple go against something explicitly mentioned in quran, can he? 

I have my own disagreements with Asim, but given the tone and content of this thread, I can't blame him for responding the way he has.  Even though he's responded to nonsense, with some more nonsense.   

Again, if a non-Indian cherry picks and distorts aspects of Hinduism, with or without proper understanding of context, you would expect similar responses.  I'm sure you are familiar with the likes of Wendy Donniger etc.   While I don't condone violence and over-reaction as part of the response, I'm sure you didn't quite like being at the receiving end of such "criticism" either.   

1 minute ago, Ranvir said:

When will you realise that Indian Muslims are just like any other South Asian Muslim group? They are no different than Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and Maldivians. The ONLY difference is that they are in a minority and that is why you will hear Hindu-Muslim bhai bhai, secular law crap from them.

You want to see what Indian Muslims are like when they are in the majority? Have a look at Kashmir and parts of West Bengal.

Wake up before it's too late.

You are the mirror image of the Pakistanis who point to the mob violence related to "gau raksha" and claim that partition was justified.   I will not accept or tolerate bigotry of either stripe - whether its muslims with fantasies of global domination, or Hindus who want to keep the muslim "in their place".  Both are wrong.   And as a society AND as individuals, we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard.   By all means, let's speak up against wrong things - triple talaqs, the discrimination against non-muslims in the middle east.  And voice the need for muslims to introspect and act against the usage of their faith by extremists.   But let's do that without disrespecting their faith, without stereotyping all of them as crazy fundamentalists or some such inaccurate nonsense.   Not just because it is likely to be more effective that way, but primarily because its the right thing to do.    

13 hours ago, zen said:

Appears as if anything can be justified in a certain religion 

Et tu, zooty?   

Anything can be "justified" in any religion by those with agendas.   Southern Americans used the bible to justify their slave-holding.   Hindus with power and status used jaati to justify discrimination and ill-treatment of others in their own society.  Some Hindus justified the murder of widows as well.   

Just now, sandeep said:

Et tu, zooty?   

Anything can be "justified" in any religion by those with agendas.   Southern Americans used the bible to justify their slave-holding.   Hindus with power and status used jaati to justify discrimination and ill-treatment of others in their own society.  Some Hindus justified the murder of widows as well.   

Agree. However my comment is in the context of the current period and  speaking relatively 

2014-10-03-blogbellcurve.png

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

You are the mirror image of the Pakistanis who point to the mob violence related to "gau raksha" and claim that partition was justified.   I will not accept or tolerate bigotry of either stripe - whether its muslims with fantasies of global domination, or Hindus who want to keep the muslim "in their place".  Both are wrong.   And as a society AND as individuals, we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard.   By all means, let's speak up against wrong things - triple talaqs, the discrimination against non-muslims in the middle east.  And voice the need for muslims to introspect and act against the usage of their faith by extremists.   But let's do that without disrespecting their faith, without stereotyping all of them as crazy fundamentalists or some such inaccurate nonsense.   Not just because it is likely to be more effective that way, but primarily because its the right thing to do.    

We are not disrespecting their faith. All religion can be challenged and should be. Any idea that is strong enough can handle criticism. Respect has to be earned.

1 minute ago, zen said:

Agree. However my comment is in the context of the current period and  speaking relatively 

2014-10-03-blogbellcurve.png

Yes, but in the context of this thread, your comment is on the slippery slope of sanctioning bigotry.  And I consider you to be a better man than that, given what I have seen you post in the past.