The French Open 2017

Cricketics

All right guys, 2nd grandslam of the year and the much awaited Clay tournament has commenced.

Nadal looking favorite again.

What you think we have coming in terms of surprises in the next few days and any particular games you looking forward too or game after seeing the draw?

Also, its good to see Petra Kvitova return to Tennis. She was attacked by an intruder before Australian Open earlier this year and was recoverinng from her injuries after a life threatning attack.

Glad she is back at the top level. She has been a grandslam winner in the past.

All the best to her.

4 hours ago, flat_wicket_bully said:

Nadal should take this easily. There is hardly anyone who can defeat him on clay atm

On women side, with kerber gone anyone can win the championship now

Defending Chanpion Muguruza down one set already.

Women singles look as interesting as mens this time around.

Very emotional win today for American Steve Johnson against a future great Coric

.Johnson's dad died 2 weeks ago and he wasn't coming here but he came only to be pushed into the draw at the last minute by his mother. 

He cried like a kid on the match point when he won. 

He is a champion player probably the best American player, ahead of Sock and Isner.

The guy won 2 college titles in USA and had a 80 match winning streak in NCAA

I hope he goes deep here. I think he is one of those Americans I can see winning a slam for U.S finally. 

On 5/29/2017 at 5:39 AM, Cricketics said:

All right guys, 2nd grandslam of the year and the much awaited Clay tournament has commenced.

Nadal looking favorite again.

What you think we have coming in terms of surprises in the next few days and any particular games you looking forward too or game after seeing the draw?

Nadal clear favourite to win La Decima. Only Nole can stop him from doing that but djokovic is not back to his best. First he needs to get past Vinolas & Theim to play Nadal :popcorn: 

On 6/5/2017 at 1:31 PM, I6MTW said:

I think Thiem will favour his chances against Djokovic. Thiem in ominous touch and based on djokovic's last few rounds, he is no where near his level best.

Djoker is a bad match up for Thiem. 

Guys, this is it.

If Nadal wins this one, he is surely winning it.

Thiem is the only one who can stop Nadal. So far Nadal hasn't looked like even dropping a set. In fact he is hardly losing any game.

He has mastered it so far but for Nadal, Thiem will be the toughest opponent so far in the tournament he has faced. And same

thing for Thiem, Nadal is the toughest opponent he will ever face on Clay.

The semi final match up is set. I can't wait for this one.

Lets go Thiem. Nadal the favorite.

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Guys, this is it.

If Nadal wins this one, he is surely winning it.

Thiem is the only one who can stop Nadal. So far Nadal hasn't looked like even dropping a set. In fact he is hardly losing any game.

He has mastered it so far but for Nadal, Thiem will be the toughest opponent so far in the tournament he has faced. And same

thing for Thiem, Nadal is the toughest opponent he will ever face on Clay.

The semi final match up is set. I can't wait for this one.

Lets go Thiem. Nadal the favorite.

Don't forget Stanimal who is 3-0 in GS finals.