Dangal overtakes Bahubali 2 to become the highest grossing Indian movie ever

kira

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Anybody and his uncle can make good content into a hit movie. It takes a special type of talent to make utter tripe into mega hits. And that is why SRK and Salman are both bigger stars than Aamir Khan.

No denying that the latter makes better & socially relevant and at times very pseudo intellectual content. But he can never pull off a Duplicate, Yes Boss, Happy New Year or a Biwi No.1 or a Ready

Nope.. anybody or their uncle can't make good content, if they could they would make it. Amir not only makes good content but markets it so well that he is continuously breaking boundaries in bollywood and reaching new milestones, whereas srk is still stuck with same bs, salman is a bigger star because he puts the least amount of effort in his movies but still makes big bucks, srk is not longer a bigger star than amir and salman, all the movies of salman and amir in the last 3-4 years have earned way way more than the higest grossing srk movie ever, the gulf is so big that it is not even funny anymore, 400 crore vs 1700 crore lol :hysterical:

10 minutes ago, kira said:

lol no it won't, bahubali 1 was a flop in china, at least read the thread before making ignorant comments, dangal, 3 idiots, pk were success in china because the topics handled in these movies appealed to chinese audience, bahubali most probably won't appeal much to the chinese

Thats were u need to do a lil more Research ....baahuabli 1 was impacted badly coz it didnt have a hype. Dangal was helped by the hype of 3 idiot 

Once it go popular on net the buzz is gr8 for part 2......just wait

Same thing happened with Hera pheri india , which was a flop apart from mumbai territory , but the sequel benefitted coz of part 1 hype 

Even if baahubali 2 tanks in china the diff is so small that it ll race ahead

Wait just wait

8 minutes ago, kira said:

Read the thread before commenting, already tackled this point, it doesn't matter if he is intelligent or dumb, his movies are dumb, that's the main point.

Movies cater to diff sense of diff audience......

They all have their fans and audience 

But yes every one likes good content

That's why amir is the true king, he works on content rather than relying on charisma which appeals to the phateechar auto drivers fans of srk and sallu

True Aamir has to rely on his content . Only auto drivers arent their fans in that case u need to study their films multiplex collection

But Aamir has also gotten advantage of his stardom for poor films like Dhoom 3 and Fanna ( both were bad films)

Rajamouli is a good directer but one movie doesn't make him a bigger boss than amir, amir last 3 movies have earned over 3000 crores

Rajamouli every film has been a super hit....each n every. Aamir has had flops

Now rajamouli use to make regional films, which before eega or maghadheera was unknown to people. Even to me as i lived in north. But once people go to knw his work......result is baahubali 

Again irrelevant points, what is the point of this in this thread? 

Irrelevant to a comman man who only see figures to brag their fav superstar 

We work here so we understand why things work in a certain way. Easy to criticize anyone but things arent as easy as it looks 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Thats were u need to do a lil more Research ....baahuabli 1 was impacted badly coz it didnt have a hype. Dangal was helped by the hype of 3 idiot 

Once it go popular on net the buzz is gr8 for part 2......just wait

Same thing happened with Hera pheri india , which was a flop apart from mumbai territory , but the sequel benefitted coz of part 1 hype 

Again, you can't claim bahubali will appeal more to the chinese than dangal, bahubali may do well in china but being better than dangal is a claim you can't make based on the history, learn to make logical statements.

Even if baahubali 2 tanks in china the diff is so small that it ll race ahead

It can race ahead, who said otherwise but right now amir rules the box office

Wait just wait

Movies cater to diff sense of diff audience......

They all have their fans and audience 

But yes every one likes good content

True Aamir has to rely on his content . Only auto drivers arent their fans in that case u need to study their films multiplex collection

But Aamir has also gotten advantage of his stardom for poor films like Dhoom 3 and Fanna ( both were bad films)

Fanaa? lol you have to go that back, what was bad about fanna? It was still better than most srk movies, anyway what is the point you are trying to make? Who said amir didn't get any advantage, all I am saying is amir puts more effort into his movies, makes way better movies than srk or anyone else, and his movies earn way more than his fellow khans, he is freaking owning the box office since 2009

Rajamouli every film has been a super hit....each n every. Aamir has had flops

Now rajamouli use to make regional films, which before eega or maghadheera was unknown to people. Even to me as i lived in north. But once people go to knw his work......result is baahubali 

lol what the hell are you going on about, comparing regional movie successes to mainstream bollywood lol, yeah rajamouli has made some great movies, I personlly enjoyed both bahubali 2 and eega, why are you bringing him into this thread though? AAmir is way bigger than rajamouli, this is a fact. One baahubali won't elevate him above amir, if he continues making big hits like bahubali in the next 3-4 year then maybe a comparison can be made. 

Irrelevant to a comman man who only see figures to brag their fav superstar 

We work here so we understand why things work in a certain way. Easy to criticize anyone but things arent as easy as it looks 

Who the hell said srk didn't work hard to achieve his success? You are going off into different tangents, first understand the comment before replying,  srk did well for himself and did make some good movies but he has become phateechar since 2010, there is no disputing this fact, also he doesn't put as much effort into his movies as aamir ( infact no one does), this again is a fact. You are just rambling on for no reason now.

US is a different market all together, but yeah we'll have to wait and see how the 2nd part does in china, can't dismiss it. Btw updated the OP from a new source, apparently dangal has earned 1743 crores world wide so it has a 150-200 crore lead over bahubali

dangal has grossed 1719,while baahubali 1650

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

See the thing is Khan trio (srk, Aamir and Salman are at the peak of their popularity) but they are in their 50's so at best they have 3-5 years, where as I believe soon they will be overtaken by more younger actor's even from south believe it or not thanks to Hindi dubbed movies people know a bit about Mahesh babu, allu Arjun,surya,vijay,vikram ,

sudeep ,ajith and bahubali has made Rana and prabhas more popular in north

2 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

Mahesh babu, allu Arjun,surya,vijay,vikram ,sudeep ,ajith

Never heard of a single one of them, seriously you are overestimating their popularity in the north, it will take 100 bahubalis for these guys to replace mainstream bollywood in the north

1 hour ago, kira said:

Again, you can't claim bahubali will appeal more to the chinese than dangal, bahubali may do well in china but being better than dangal is a claim you can't make based on the history, learn to make logical statements.

It can race ahead, who said otherwise but right now amir rules the box office

Fanaa? lol you have to go that back, what was bad about fanna? It was still better than most srk movies, anyway what is the point you are trying to make? Who said amir didn't get any advantage, all I am saying is amir puts more effort into his movies, makes way better movies than srk or anyone else, and his movies earn way more than his fellow khans, he is freaking owning the box office since 2009

lol what the hell are you going on about, comparing regional movie successes to mainstream bollywood lol, yeah rajamouli has made some great movies, I personlly enjoyed both bahubali 2 and eega, why are you bringing him into this thread though? AAmir is way bigger than rajamouli, this is a fact. One baahubali won't elevate him above amir, if he continues making big hits like bahubali in the next 3-4 year then maybe a comparison can be made. 

Who the hell said srk didn't work hard to achieve his success? You are going off into different tangents, first understand the comment before replying,  srk did well for himself and did make some good movies but he has become phateechar since 2010, there is no disputing this fact, also he doesn't put as much effort into his movies as aamir ( infact no one does), this again is a fact. You are just rambling on for no reason now.

Aamir has been ruling box for years no one denies it 

Fanna- dude before u get into a fight with me in regds to film u shud knw i have been a film making student 

Fanna was one the shittiest film......dnt even get me started how bad that film was

Yes aamir puts most effort n time in right place, i have seen srk , hrithik putting effort but at times it goes at wrong places . Aamir has that area well soughed 

Regional cinema has less audience to target then bollywood which reaches to more. 

Ur whole obsession is to prove how big is aamir khan, which doesnt concern me i respect him a lot but no one is bigger then cinema . They all have phases. Aamir is the best film maker among actor, but not the best actor, Salman is the best superstar, srk has his strength, hrithik is the best dancer . All have their strong point which i admire 

I aint a fanboy of anyone 

SRK n films- well lets not blame him or any superstar for movies failures the director n other are responsible to . Film making is the toghest thing were their are . 

Understand to comment- dude u dnt even know how thing work in an industry of which ur commenting sitting in some part of place. Work here 1st to knw and comment on anyone . 

SRK doesnt put as much effort as Aamir- have u seen it to prove it NOOOO

Have i seen it - just one side of it , would love to see aamir side soon

Aamir select better scripts and director thats his biggest strength.  

20 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I think what sets Amitabh and SRK apart is that they've made it to the very top in an industry that is very closely knit, culturally exclusive and goes by the middle name nepotism.

I think SRK chose to work with Farha Khan ( Happy New Year) to bail her out of her rut.

21 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I recommend you watch this:

SRK Ted Talks

PS: Before the routine ICF SRK witch hunt; That comment about being careless about losing both his parents, is taken verbatim from Oscar Wilde's Importance of Being Earnest.

What does this has to do with SRK being past it now and doing ridiculous movies now and being a hit or miss at the box office?

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Aamir has been ruling box for years no one denies it 

Fanna- dude before u get into a fight with me in regds to film u shud knw i have been a film making student 

Fanna was one the shittiest film......dnt even get me started how bad that film was

Yeah, that's like your opinion, you being a film making student doesn't change that, you might be a shitty film making student, don't bore me with your fana analyasis, this isn't a fanna thread.

Regional cinema has less audience to target then bollywood which reaches to more. 

abey tabhi to bol rha hun you can't compare regional cinema with bollywood, because of the difference in scale.

Ur whole obsession is to prove how big is aamir khan, which doesnt concern me i respect him a lot but no one is bigger then cinema . They all have phases. Aamir is the best film maker among actor, but not the best actor, Salman is the best superstar, srk has his strength, hrithik is the best dancer . All have their strong point which i admire 

I aint a fanboy of anyone 

Abey toh fir teri problem kya hai? If you are not a fanboy then why are arguing without any rhyme or reason, do you even know what you are arguing about? Do you even have any argument?

SRK n films- well lets not blame him or any superstar for movies failures the director n other are responsible to . Film making is the toghest thing were their are . 

Superstars like srk aren't just actors, srk owns his own production house, he is more involved with the project than normal actors, he deserves every bit of the blame for his movies, he is not a newbie

Understand to comment- dude u dnt even know how thing work in an industry of which ur commenting sitting in some part of place. Work here 1st to knw and comment on anyone . 

Even you don't know anything about the industry, kyun faaltu ke comments karta hai tu? Kaunse comment kiya  maine about the industry, bina soche comment kyun karta hai tu?

SRK doesnt put as much effort as Aamir- have u seen it to prove it NOOOO

Yes, I have seen it, everyone has seen it, do you not see how much time amir devotes to 1 movie, he releases 1 movie every 2 years, and he completely immerses himself in the role and goes to insane length to nail the role, you have to be a blithering idiot to not see the difference in effort between srk and aamir.

Have i seen it - just one side of it , would love to see aamir side soon

Aamir select better scripts and director thats his biggest strength.  

He selects better scripts because he is more involved with the project and he works to get everything right, it is not coincidence that he selects the better scripts, he has puts a lot of work in everything he does.

Never heard of a single one of them, seriously you are overestimating their popularity in the north, it will take 100 bahubalis for these guys to replace mainstream bollywood in the north

Nah,what I am saying is that Khan's at best can be leading actors for 3-5years, they need to re Invent themselves like amitabh, what I'm saying is that guys like dhawan ,Arjun ,ranveer ranbir haven't reached that level yet ,so it's good we get truly pan India with more good actors and yes by the way u are seriously underestimating that no body now's about these guys a lot of guys know about them, vikram got famous from aparichit, Vijay got famous from the original holiday, Mahesh babu got famous from businessman, Ravi teja from original vikram Rathore,ajith played villain in Ashoka, Salman copied ready from ram.its good we have got good actors coming from all parts.

19 hours ago, kira said:

Nope.. anybody or their uncle can't make good content, if they could they would make it. Amir not only makes good content but markets it so well that he is continuously breaking boundaries in bollywood and reaching new milestones, whereas srk is still stuck with same bs, salman is a bigger star because he puts the least amount of effort in his movies but still makes big bucks, srk is not longer a bigger star than amir and salman, all the movies of salman and amir in the last 3-4 years have earned way way more than the higest grossing srk movie ever, the gulf is so big that it is not even funny anymore, 400 crore vs 1700 crore lol :hysterical:

You are confusing being a star with the movie making money. Being a star means people mouth off your famous dialogues, they copy your style, and as a brand you are recognizable every where you go. SRK is a much bigger star world over, and this a reality. Sure his films may have not done as well as Aamir's, but people still remember his dialogues from his crappy movies than Aamir's from his hit ones.

Being a star is not measured in box office $$$ but in moments of genius on screen.

16 hours ago, New guy said:

What does this has to do with SRK being past it now and doing ridiculous movies now and being a hit or miss at the box office?

Premature epitaph, don't you think? That Ted talk was from April, 2017. Didn't look like he's past it to me.

And if Box Office collection is your barometer for success, then Happy New Year did 300 cr+. A big hit.

On 5/29/2017 at 10:39 PM, Mariyam said:

@Ankit_sharma03 @Rajiv

You are right about Salman. Here is a comic anecdote from the time of the shooting of Dabbang. One of the producers is a good friend of my husband. He rarely visits the sets and the one day he did, the following transpired:

It was the lift scene, where Salman and Sonakshi exit the lift they took together. There was a 3 weeks break between the filming of this scene and the scene when they enter the lift. In between Salman had some other commitments and had to shave off his moustache. No one, except this producer noticed. He told the director to inform Salman of the same. But the director was petrified. He told the producer to go tell Salman himself.

Producer: Bhai aapki muchein zaroori hain scene ki continuity le liye. Kya hum 2 hafte baad retake karlein?

Salman: Tereko conrinuity chahiye to Aamir ke paas ja.

Dunno if we have common friends but there was another case where has on set and some Income Tax officers showed up. He was calm and told them, "Aapko Autograph chahye tha to Ghar par aate, set per kyun"

KICKSTART ENT ( used to work for Wizcraft ) - Shahids Wedding

See the thing is Khan trio (srk, Aamir and Salman are at the peak of their popularity) but they are in their 50's so at best they have 3-5 years, where as I believe soon they will be overtaken by more younger actor's even from south believe it or not thanks to Hindi dubbed movies people know a bit about Mahesh babu, allu Arjun,surya,vijay,vikram ,

sudeep ,ajith and bahubali has made Rana and prabhas more popular in north

South Indian big stars will rarely work in Bollywood movies .They know their market and important .

There is neither any need or desperation on their part among the biggest stars.

On 5/29/2017 at 1:05 PM, Rohit S. Ambani said:

If that's what makes you sleep at night. I am Baniya from Rajathan, MODs can pinpoint my IP address. I have lived in GTA, Dubai, Melbourne and have come to know aam Pakistani's want peace.

dude you should join Modi government and replace external affairs ministers. Wow amazing insight, what do you think about ISI and Kashmir insurgency and young Kashmiri military officer who got is jaw broken and ankles broken and killed cause he joined Indian army. Do ISI also want peace.? Amazing man totally top class post.:adore:

22 hours ago, Mariyam said:

You are confusing being a star with the movie making money. Being a star means people mouth off your famous dialogues, they copy your style, and as a brand you are recognizable every where you go. SRK is a much bigger star world over, and this a reality. Sure his films may have not done as well as Aamir's, but people still remember his dialogues from his crappy movies than Aamir's from his hit ones.

Being a star is not measured in box office $$$ but in moments of genius on screen.

Insightful never knew what 'Ishtar' ment before this.