Restructuring Team India

2 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

If you think the only blemish or issue with Virat's captaincy is because they lost the finals today .....you need to catch up.  Virat's captaincy has been horrendous since the get go.

I've wanted Gambhir in the team in the CT -I'v put that here many a times if you've missed.   

If there is no one else who's a captaincy material except Kohli - GG is definitely one.  He has shown more leadership qualities than Kohli imo

GG is not doubt a captaincy material n if u missed my post i have always praised his captaincy 

But a captain 1st needs to earn his place in team ....

Gambhir doesnt even deserve a place in India-A squad forget national squad of 15 

Kohli has been horrendous as captain - ye kab hua......did he had some whitewashes or has he lost series after series and have been a non performing captain. So plzzz explain in what way he has been horrendous becoz if someone puts his result u wnt be able to question it

4 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:
  1. Subcontinent wins only do not dictate your captaincy acumen
  2. Kohli when captaining without Dhoni - IPL ( as an example) has been downright awful
  3. Rahane used Umesh wonderfully in Kohli's absence
  4. Kohli is a great batsman but against Australia his captaincy made his batting suffer
  5. The CT regardless of India making it to finals - Kohli's rigid behavior or sticking to same 11 , Bowling Ashwin full 10 overs and negative body language is not captaincy worth behavior. 

Whether he get's removed or not isn't my call but He's not the captain who will lead us to bigger things 

1. Dhoni had failures in overseas....so will u say he was bad

2. In that case dhoni also deserves blame as he has been a part of decision making

3. Did u see Ind-Sa delhi test , Ind- Eng test series .....how kohli used Umesh . 

4. So u mean he is robot n cannot fail

5. Well again dhoni was also known not to change his 11, wud u call him same . 

He may or may not lead us to bigger things, i dnt rate him highly as a tactical leader but do we have better option n have those option done enough top earn captaincy- Noooooooo

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

GG is not doubt a captaincy material n if u missed my post i have always praised his captaincy 

But a captain 1st needs to earn his place in team ....

Gambhir doesnt even deserve a place in India-A squad forget national squad of 15 

Kohli has been horrendous as captain - ye kab hua......did he had some whitewashes or has he lost series after series and have been a non performing captain. So plzzz explain in what way he has been horrendous becoz if someone puts his result u wnt be able to question it

Subcontinent results do not matter.  If this is how you gauge how your captain does then you are choosing a very one sided criteria.

So for you a good captain is someone who wins bilaterals at home series but is a lost chicken in neutral venues in ICC tournies ?

A captaincy is not judged solely on wins/losses.   Had Sarfarz lost the game today - his captaincy would have been still better than Kohli.  Because Sarfaraz is rallying a team  -  He is making look players like Rumman / Hassan / Fakhar look 10 times better than they actually are ,  that's what a captain is.    He is making Pakistan field better / fighting against India in Finals are getting rolled against them. 

Kohli on the other hand sticks to same playing 11 ,  has his friends backup in the team ,  looks clueless when the opposition sets in and he doesn't pick early wickets and shows rigid behavior. 

Kohli will still win you many at home bilateral series  -  but he's not a leader , nor he is going to win anything internationally. 

As far as Gambhir's spot  ,  his stats are better than Dhawan in domestic and he has played very well at each level - Duleep Trophy , Ranji and IPL to have earned  himself a spot in the team 

if we are preparing for the WC , we need to repalce uv and dhoni .. no other choice

and we need only one spinner .. preferably jaddu or krunal ..

rohit

dawan

kohli

rahul

pant

jadhav/pandey

pandya

jaddu/krunal

bumrah

bhuvi

shami

3 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:
  1. Subcontinent wins only do not dictate your captaincy acumen
  2. Kohli when captaining without Dhoni - IPL ( as an example) has been downright awful
  3. Rahane used Umesh wonderfully in Kohli's absence
  4. Kohli is a great batsman but against Australia his captaincy made his batting suffer
  5. The CT regardless of India making it to finals - Kohli's rigid behavior or sticking to same 11 , Bowling Ashwin full 10 overs and negative body language is not captaincy worth behavior. 

Whether he get's removed or not isn't my call but He's not the captain who will lead us to bigger things 

Let us not mix up test captaincy , ODI captaincy and T20 captaincy.  They require different skillsets.

Kohli averages much higher as a test captain than as a normal batsman. The issue about captaincy affecting his batting in tests does not have any basis over the longer term.

Kohli is the one who has transformed Umesh as a test bowler by backing him and giving him confidence. Rahane just reaped the benefits on a helpful Dharamsala track.

Kohli has done well as a captain in tests where there is no Dhoni. So, the Dhoni's presence logic does not apply in test matches.

How Kohli will turn out as an ODI captain....only time will tell. As of now, he has won a bilateral series and has become a runner-up in an ICC tournament.....which is good. I would give him time before judging him in this format.

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

1. Dhoni had failures in overseas....so will u say he was bad

2. In that case dhoni also deserves blame as he has been a part of decision making

3. Did u see Ind-Sa delhi test , Ind- Eng test series .....how kohli used Umesh . 

4. So u mean he is robot n cannot fail

5. Well again dhoni was also known not to change his 11, wud u call him same . 

He may or may not lead us to bigger things, i dnt rate him highly as a tactical leader but do we have better option n have those option done enough top earn captaincy- Noooooooo

The problem isn't in the Win/Loss ratio   -  Dhoni as a tactician is on a totally different level than Kohli -  not even a close comparison.  Every Captain will lose - the issue is Kohli is his lack of imagination and willingness to try anything new.   Dhoni gave Joginder Sharma over against Misbah in a final ,   He gave Pandya over to defend against BD  ,  bowled Ishant in CT against England.    

What did Kohli do  ?   He bowled Ashwin 10 overs ...        That sir is the difference 

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Let us not mix up test captaincy , ODI captaincy and T20 captaincy.  They require different skillsets.

Kohli averages much higher as a test captain than as a normal batsman. The issue about captaincy affecting his batting in tests does not have any basis over the longer term.

Kohli is the one who has transformed Umesh as a test bowler by backing him and giving him confidence. Rahane just reaped the benefits on a helpful Dharamsala track.

Kohli has done well as a captain in tests where there is no Dhoni. So, the Dhoni's presence logic does not apply in test matches.

How Kohli will turn out as an ODI captain....only time will tell. As of now, he has won a bilateral series and has become a runner-up in an ICC tournament.....which is good. I would give him time before judging him in this format.

I'v answered the drawbacks on Kohli's captaincy in another post.   Regardless of his win/loss ratio  -  his unimaginative and inflexible captaincy and attitude are the bigger issues here.  can't add anything more to it. 

5 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

As far as Gambhir's spot  ,  his stats are better than Dhawan in domestic and he has played very well at each level - Duleep Trophy , Ranji and IPL to have earned  himself a spot in the team 

The above portion has been rightly answered by @express bowling in the post above so there is nothing more to add

About gambhir well he can keep scoring in domestic becoz he cannot make runs in international anymore.....the last time he went to england he cudnt even put bat to ball

Gambhir can have all good domestic number, but dhawan came after avg number in domestic n made a lot of runs in international cricket . Thats what matters in the end that u have to score in international cricket

Dhawan international Odi record is way better then gambhir 

6 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

I'v answered the drawbacks on Kohli's captaincy in another post.   Regardless of his win/loss ratio  -  his unimaginative and inflexible captaincy and attitude are the bigger issues here.  can't add anything more to it. 

He has not been unimaginative or inflexible as a test captain.

Whether those issues would persist as an ODI captain, only time will tell.

Edited by express bowling
3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

The above portion has been rightly answered by @express bowling in the post above so there is nothing more to add

About gambhir well he can keep scoring in domestic becoz he cannot make runs in international anymore.....the last time he went to england he cudnt even put bat to ball

Gambhir can have all good domestic number, but dhawan came after avg number in domestic n made a lot of runs in international cricket . Thats what matters in the end that u have to score in international cricket

Dhawan international Odi record is way better then gambhir 

Unless he is given a chance , you cannot say for certainity so your statement is more of an opinion than a fact.  And from what I vaguely remember , a certain Kohli played quite disastrously in England himself. 

3 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

The problem isn't in the Win/Loss ratio   -  Dhoni as a tactician is on a totally different level than Kohli -  not even a close comparison.  Every Captain will lose - the issue is Kohli is his lack of imagination and willingness to try anything new.   Dhoni gave Joginder Sharma over against Misbah in a final ,   He gave Pandya over to defend against BD  ,  bowled Ishant in CT against England.    

What did Kohli do  ?   He bowled Ashwin 10 overs ...        That sir is the difference 

Well i have written m not a huge fan of kohli as tactical captain but captaincy is more then tactics and stratgies are something ull get better with time

Dhoni was tactically a rubbish test captain yet he was persisted with for years. 

also may be u need to read my thread regd conservative approach regd the same poiunt of out of the box idea which i even pointed out about kohli there but u were to bsy to make bizzare comments there. 

Captaincy is not only about tactics.......go watch all documentaries on imran khan - players like wasim , saqlain n many have said he was not gr8 Tactically  but he was a gr8 leader. 

Tactics are not completely in one persona hand , a captain can plan but if the bowler doesnt execute its a failure, they both can do the job but what if the fielder drops it ll look a flop idea. Strategies are something a captain gets better with time n exp. Biggest of the biggest captains have done tactical blunders. 

Just now, bleaf27 said:

Unless he is given a chance , you cannot say for certainity so your statement is more of an opinion than a fact.  And from what I vaguely remember , a certain Kohli played quite disastrously in England himself. 

that kohli still reachd double figure n put bat to bowl.......

Gambhir ke bat men aur ball men kolkatta kanpur ka farq tha 

Just now, express bowling said:

He has not been unimaginative or inflexible as a test captain.

Whether those issues would arise as an ODI captain, only time will tell.

Well he is the same person - your thinking cannot drastically change from series to series or format to format , we are creatures of habit. 

His attitude / inflexibility has been quite well exposed in this CT ( not just today's game) but in this CT throughout.  and wait for an away test series in England and Australia before his test captaincy is exposed as well.  Playing in highluy favorable conditions at home where Ashwin and Jadeja are made out to be next coming of Warne / Bedi tend to distract from Kohli's ineptitude as a captain. 

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Well i have written m not a huge fan of kohli as tactical captain but captaincy is more then tactics and stratgies are something ull get better with time

Dhoni was tactically a rubbish test captain yet he was persisted with for years. 

also may be u need to read my thread regd conservative approach regd the same poiunt of out of the box idea which i even pointed out about kohli there but u were to bsy to make bizzare comments there. 

Captaincy is not only about tactics.......go watch all documentaries on imran khan - players like wasim , saqlain n many have said he was not gr8 Tactically  but he was a gr8 leader. 

Tactics are not completely in one persona hand , a captain can plan but if the bowler doesnt execute its a failure, they both can do the job but what if the fielder drops it ll look a flop idea. Strategies are something a captain gets better with time n exp. Biggest of the biggest captains have done tactical blunders. 

Being tactful and getting the best out of your players is what makes you a great leader.   There is no single quality which makes you a great leader -    Do some reading on Leaders vs Managers - can't rememeber the name of the author - I did a project for one of my classes on that.

Dhoni is a leader because he made his players look good and that is a good captain -   He made Joginder Sharma / Praveen Kmar , Heck even Ishant Sharma look good on occasions.    

Sarfaraz made a number 8 team with no international experience play like the number 1 team !   -  That is a leader !   

Kohli managed to make a number 1 team play like a number 8 team  -  That is awful leadership.

The problem wasn't of execution here and yes as a captain and management you can make plans and bowler may or may not execte them but as a captain you need to have a Plan B or a Plan C  .   Kohli was wetting his pants in the middle when Fakhar was batting - seemed like he was invited over for a friendly match .     Kohli might have just have a checklist in his pants with 

Ashwin bowls 10 overs   -    check

I win toss , I will only field   -  check

Yuvi is a friend , has to play   - check

I will play two spinners regardless of the pitch and the opposition - check

7 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

Well he is the same person - your thinking cannot drastically change from series to series or format to format , we are creatures of habit. 

His attitude / inflexibility has been quite well exposed in this CT ( not just today's game) but in this CT throughout.  and wait for an away test series in England and Australia before his test captaincy is exposed as well.  Playing in highluy favorable conditions at home where Ashwin and Jadeja are made out to be next coming of Warne / Bedi tend to distract from Kohli's ineptitude as a captain. 

Kohli is a very good motivator and man-manager. He has the ability to bring out the best from the players in his team.

He also has a very good idea about which kinds of bowlers, do well in test matches and generally understands the inordinate importance of bowlers in tests....something that most Indian captains did not.

He has also been able to inculcate an above average fitness culture in the team.

The hunger to win test matches by the entire team has increased significantly under him.

He does make some tactical mistakes from time to time...but most relatively new captains do....and even older catains are not immune to that.

Moreover, there are lots of other qualities needed of a captain apart from tactical excellence.....as I outlined above.

It is about the whole package...some captains are strong in one area and weak in another and vice versa. You would rarely find a complete package in real life.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Kohli is a very good motivator and man-manager. He has the ability to bring out the best from the players in his team.

He also has a very good idea about which kinds of bowlers, do well in test matches and generally understands the inordinate importance of bowlers in tests....something that most Indian captains did not.

He has also been able to inculcate an above average fitness culture in the team.

The hunger to win test matches by the entire team has increased significantly under him.

He does make some tactical mistakes from time to time...but most relatively new captains do....and even older catains are not immune to that.

Moreover, there are lots of other qualities needed of a captain apart from tactical excellence.....as I outlined above.

It is about the whole package...some captains are strong in one area and weak in another and vice versa. You would rarely find a complete package in real life.

Again , your opinion and mine differs -   I do not find him a motivator at all and he is an awful tactician. 

His ability to not read the game is something that considerably stands out for me. 

The fitness culture was brought in by Dhoni .....Kohli rode the wave .

Kohli's superstar culture is worse than when Dhoni was leading the team...

As a leader he is lacking considerably , not a comment on his batting but certainly he does not seem that he is reading the game at all 

The disappointing thing today is players fail to rise to the occasion

you cant have an off day in finals. our recent record has been very patchy. even in the 2013 final, it was a last ditch partnership 

between kohli and jadeja that saved the day.

This is not good enough for world class players .kohli and co have to improve their track record.

I am also not happy with the weak response of 3-6 after the fall of early wickets.

Rahul , pandey and nair  r the ones who need to bring more firepower to the 3-6 positions. That means ability to score hundreds as well.

It has been a bit top heavy with the decline of yuvraj and dhoni.

mandeep and unmukt r currently struggling..but can still pick up in the coming season.

also i would like one more player like sarfaraz khan who thinks he is  better than anyone else.but he may not be ready for

the near future. Rahul has try to take a force multiplier role for the time being.

he is not fully reliable as yet.but his progress in the next season will be crucial.

The other guys will take their time and may not be ready for 2019.

The pace bowling still needs much more hostility.Or there will be some days where stronger bowling sides will outclass us.

or get collared by taleted batsmen from other sides. SL has some impressive young batting talent.

that has been a perennial failing. 

I still consider australia to be the bigger threat long term.

I am interested in avesh khan. more gifted and highly intelligent fast bowlers are still a requirement.

4 minutes ago, youngindia said:

The disappointing thing today is players fail to rise to the occasion

you cant have an off day in finals. our recent record has been very patchy. even in the 2013 final, it was a last ditch partnership 

between kohli and jadeja that saved the day.

This is not good enough for world class players .kohli and co have to improve their track record.

I am also not happy with the weak response of 3-6 after the fall of early wickets.

Rahul , pandey and nair  r the ones who need to bring more firepower to the 3-6 positions. That means ability to score hundreds as well.

It has been a bit top heavy with the decline of yuvraj and dhoni.

mandeep and unmukt r currently struggling..but can still pick up in the coming season.

also i would like one more player like sarfaraz khan who thinks he is  better than anyone else.but he may not be ready for

the near future. Rahul has try to take a force multiplier role for the time being.

he is not fully reliable as yet.but his progress in the next season will be crucial.

The other guys will take their time and may not be ready for 2019.

The pace bowling still needs much more hostility.Or there will be some days where stronger bowling sides will outclass us.

or get collared by taleted batsmen from other sides. SL has some impressive young batting talent.

that has been a perennial failing. 

I still consider australia to be the bigger threat long term.

I am interested in avesh khan. more gifted and highly intelligent fast bowlers are still a requirement.

Nair?????? As of nw there are many better options then him for LOI cricket

Mandeep is a hack, a poor version of suresh raina. Shudnt be even on radar

Yes sarfraz, avesh are two potential match winners we need to look in future 

Whats a force multiplier role??????