Being too dependent on Kohli is still costing us crucial ODI games

15 minutes ago, Imtiaz said:

If anyone is delusional enough to think otherwise then i recommended him to check the win/loss ratio of india when kohli has scored and when he hadnt especially for last 5 years or so.

He has carried your team on his shoulders almost singlehandedly barring few performances from gambhir/rohit or dhawan at the top order here and then Your middle Order has been close to non existent.

ye thoda zyada hogaya ,if a guy scores consistently doesnt mean he is only reason of ind winning,dhoni was on top till 2014 he played his role and even sporadically now but dip in his abilities has resulted in even more pressure on him especially chasing

in t20s interstingly its all about kohli or bust for india  

2 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

I only fear Rohit and Kohli from your team the rest are our babies.

Rohit is very poor against Amir. The one major thing you have to remember is that, like all SC teams, selectors never permit selection of best XI. KL Rahul should have been in the team, if not for injury. Pant remains an unknown so far.

Likes of Yuvi and Dhoni are fossilizing India's middle order leaving too much for jadhav and hardik to do.

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

yuvi-dhoni i always back to score against you guys,they have been making merry since 2006 :laugh: 

they are no longer what they used to be... I think Shaz was referring to current form. Yuvi and MSD were great in 1-2 series against pak during the 2004-06 period.

15 minutes ago, Vijy said:

they are no longer what they used to be... I think Shaz was referring to current form. Yuvi and MSD were great in 1-2 series against pak during the 2004-06 period.

lol they have scored most of time they have faced them since 2006 ,ya obviously they are done n dusted mostly now but even now yuvi smacked them in one game 

1 minute ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Kohli is super as a batsman but I think our dependency is more on the openers putting up a huge start. If that does not happen, then our middle order does not have the ability to bail us out.

it's mostly because of Yuvi and Dhoni's decline. If one/both are replaced, the middle order should be able to recover. Also, Jadhav is batting too low - he is a proper batsman not a slogger, and should be given more responsibility.

27 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

I only fear Rohit and Kohli from your team the rest are our babies.

What do you fear about Rohit? He has the ability but is very very selfish. Any bowler or captain will know how he plans his batting. not the right way for an opener. He isn't dynamic. Anyone playing against Rohit and Shikhar will know that 10 to 20 overs is ideal to get away with the fifth or part time bowler, because you know neither Rohit, nor Shikhar will hit. And then keep the best ones for the last, when we generally try to accelerate.

Edited by Haarkarjeetgaye
4 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

What do you fear about Rohit? He has the ability but is very very selfish. Any bowler or captain will know how he plans his batting. not the right way for an opener. He isn't dynamic. Anyone playing against Rohit and Shikhar will know that 10 to 20 overs is ideal to get away with the fifth or part time bowler, because you know neither Rohit, nor Shikhar will hit. And then keep the best ones for the last, when we generally try to accelerate.

Shikhar when in form scores at a decent pace even at the start. At least maintains run a ball. His issue is when he is not in form he too follows Rohit's approach and goes into shell.

Edited by Pollack
Just now, sarcastic said:

I believe it is because Rohit is a very "Pakistani" kind of player. Lots of potential and predictably unpredictable.
Pakistanis might like him as they kind of identify with him!!!

it's an interesting and believable theory. moreover, rohit's scoring rates (and way of pacing innings) is rather retro, which they probably like. And of course, the lazy elegance when he's in form. and his chubby cheeks.

2 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Yeah sure you can use useless bowlers when they bat 10 to 20 overs. However when there set good luck stopping them. Any team who tries to contain runs in those overs is only playing to there game. Cause Indian batting has Kohli after them. Who can just as easily up the scoring rate. By the time they are done they make it easy for the up coming batsmen to launch a score above 300.

Rohit after being set has ability to go berserk: True

Rohit after being set has actually gone berserk: Only rarely.

Just like his talent tag, his tag of 'going berserk after being set' is based on expectations only. Little reality in it. 

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

They do however they are inconsistent now due to there old age. I don't think Yuvi ever bothered us too much. Just feed him short balls to eventually get a misqued lofted shot. Or get him with a in-swinging yorker. Dhoni on the other hand helps the opposition more than the team. He allows his tailenders to bat more while he himself plays it slow. Getting out his partners is the best way to get him out. Cause even captain cool loses his cool some times.

Rohit Sharma is like a bear waiting to explode. When the dude gets going only a Herculean effort can save the opposition. He is the only cricketer in your team who can score a massive total at any time. His shots are so elegant even Brian Lara would be ashamed. You can never keep the bear chained down. When he gets unleashed good luck not suffering.

Yup you got me right.

i think you started watching cricket post 2015 wc :laugh: and about helping opposition more than team are we discussing misbah here