If not Modi, then who?

Malcolm Merlyn

1 hour ago, Tibarn said:

Mamata Banerjee. She can win WB easily by herself. That's 30 seats guaranteed. 

No appeal outside WB, also TMC have many corruption cases ongoing.

She already won +30 seats in 2014 so if she is a PM candidate, maybe will affect just +5 more seats. 

1 hour ago, someone said:

No appeal outside WB, also TMC have many corruption cases ongoing.

She already won +30 seats in 2014 so if she is a PM candidate, maybe will affect just +5 more seats. 

Even Nitish has no appeal outside of Bihar IMO. Anyone chosen will rely on Congress's strength in the rest of the states. 

15 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

Even Nitish has no appeal outside of Bihar IMO. Anyone chosen will rely on Congress's strength in the rest of the states. 

Not true. Nitish is from Bihar (Hindi belt), OBC,  has a relatively clean image. So it's a great alliance for BJP in that sense.

None of the opposition leaders could stand a chance in Parliamentary election. That is the reality. NK was choice because he was only one could tie all the opposition together. After ABV, NK was considered to be the guy who could keep the flock together. Mamta, Lalu, Rahul or Akhilesh individually or collectively cannot keep the gatabandhan together.

Now the next target is Mamta. She needs to be neutralized. 

30 minutes ago, someone said:

Not true. Nitish is from Bihar (Hindi belt), OBC,  has a relatively clean image. So it's a great alliance for BJP in that sense.

The whole Hindi belt stuff is way overstated IMO. Few people from the Hindi belt cares about language politics. Haryana, Rajasthan, Madya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, none of these states are going to vote for Nitish just because his mother tongue is Hindi.  

Nitish has no appeal outside of Bihar, and even there he has had to piggyback off of either the BJP or RJD and their party workers to even get into power. To put this perspective, even Lalu Yadav, an actual mass leader, has tried to become a player in UP, where there are significant Yadav voters and he had the backing of the INC, but he didn't succeed in even making a footprint. 

This guy tried to ride his caste to expand his party in Gujarat before, to no avail. He is a Kurmi and the dominant caste in Gujarat is Kurmi/Kunbi Patels, and they were having none of it.

I can agree that he has a relatively clean image, which was why he was selected as the face of the opposition. He and Modi both have clean images, so it would be hard to accuse him of being a corrupt leader. 

25 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

The whole Hindi belt stuff is way overstated IMO. Few people from the Hindi belt cares about language politics. Haryana, Rajasthan, Madya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, none of these states are going to vote for Nitish just because his mother tongue is Hindi. 

Nitish has no appeal outside of Bihar, and even there he has had to piggyback off of either the BJP or RJD and their party workers to even get into power. To put this perspective, even Lalu Yadav, an actual mass leader, has tried to become a player in UP, where there are significant Yadav voters and he had the backing of the INC, but he didn't succeed in even making a footprint.

This guy tried to ride his caste to expand his party in Gujarat before, to no avail. He is a Kurmi and the dominant caste in Gujarat is Kurmi/Kunbi Patels, and they were having none of it.

I can agree that he has a relatively clean image, which was why he was selected as the face of the opposition. He and Modi both have clean images, so it would be hard to accuse him of being a corrupt leader. 

I am not concerned about how successful or not Nitish would have been nationally. My point was he was the best bet of the mahagathbandhan. And let's not forget, the media is also part of this alliance. So who are they gonna prop up for 2019 like they did with Kejriwal in 2014? Now, they are struck with likes of RaGa, and Tejashwi. 

Edited by someone

2 hours ago, someone said:

Lol. Nitish is third place in his homestate Bihar. No one knows him in UP. Mayavati, Mulayam are bigger leaders in UP. Forget rest of Hindi belt.

1 hour ago, someone said:

I am not concerned about how successful or not Nitish would have been nationally. My point was he was the best bet of the mahagathbandhan. And let's not forget, the media is also part of this alliance. So who are they gonna prop up for 2019 like they did with Kejriwal in 2014? Now, they are struck with likes of RaGa, and Tejashwi. 

Nitish doesnt offer anything which bjp and Modi dont offer. On contrary Raga Lalu mulayam mayavati mamata  offer alternative option to sickular and anti caste based voters

Edited by mishra

I dont think they have issue of finding the face in the gatabandhan. The main problem is will that face work nationwide. Unlike Modi, I doubt anyone can influence even 25 seats nationally. How in the hell are they going to garner 272. This is what they need-

UP - 40

Bihar - 25

Guj - 10

Raj - 10

Mah - 25

WB - 35

AP/TE - 25

PU - 7

Kerla-8

Karnatak - 20

TN - 25

MP-20

CH-10

Other -20

Approximately 280. Tell me who is going to make this possible. Even if you start in the first 5, you cant meet any of those numbers not even half of that.