India to host Sri Lanka later in 2017, may hamper SA tour

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Big point of worry is that the stupid Sri Lanka series will end on December 23rd and team will fly out to SA only on December 28th. Only 5 days between our landing there and the 1st test. We might not get even a single warm up match. 

This is going to be a serious problem.

Some solution needs to be found out so that our test cricketers get time to acclimatize to South African conditions.

Ideally they should be sending the top players to SA to get acclimatized... but BCCI and Kohli are so fattus, they rather go unprepared and fatigued after a pointless test series with SL than give chance to India A players to test their bench strength. BCCI doesnt want to lose points in the test rankings.. shows they have no faith the quality of the reserve players.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/india-s-tour-of-south-africa-to-get-underway-on-january-3

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/indias-tour-to-south-africa-will-include-four-tests/articleshow/59925868.cms

It seems we will tour SA in Jan-Mar. 4 tests, 5 ODIs and 3T20s with a New Year's test starting on Jan 3rd. 

Big point of worry is that the stupid Sri Lanka series will end on December 23rd and team will fly out to SA only on December 28th. Only 5 days between our landing there and the 1st test. We might not get even a single warm up match. Hope better sense prevails and we send our main players at least 2-3 weeks in advance. We can try out newbies in the Lanka series and send 10-11 main test players immediately after the test series against Lanka is over(hopefully we play the tests before LOIs). But knowing BCCI morons this may be too much to expect from them in which case we are starting the series 0-1 down.

Another development is the Australia home series in October has been reduced to 5 ODIs from 7 with a solitary T20. Kiwis will tour India after that to play 3 ODIs, 3 T20s. More Cool-Yuvi torture coming up guys. 

We have to give chances to young player, i see this as a good chance rather then a problem. Sl isnt even a side to be worried about. 

In 2011 tour down under a lot of player went before the other team, wen Sehwag captain against Wi

I expect a lot of youngsters to be drafted in this series 

10 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

We have to give chances to young player, i see this as a good chance rather then a problem. Sl isnt even a side to be worried about. 

In 2011 tour down under a lot of player went before the other team, wen Sehwag captain against Wi

dont hold your breath for it.

14 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I expected that in last month's WI series also. This is Indian cricket we are talking about.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

I expected that in last month's WI series also. This is Indian cricket we are talking about.

yes that was a disappointment to all of us, but in SL series lack of gap between Sa tour will play a role

N our team wud be conscious of SA tour 

Yes this is indian cricket we are talking were best things happen out of force , n m really hoping that tight situation wud lead to a lot of new players getting drafter in side(also hoping new players doesnt mean DK) 

23 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

It is highly likely that an A team will play the LOI series.

" It is also good to see the BCCI agreeing to play four Test matches in South Africa after playing just two matches each on their last two tours. Also, it won't be a surprise if BCCI gets the two practice matches they wanted as they have the option of playing a second-string side against Sri Lanka in the limited-overs series."