Moeen Ali

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

his bowling and batting avgs should be swapped. ali was utter crap, but eng will not discard him - quota selection and because he bats.

dont think he will be selected again in tests for sometime,he will be the scapegoat for this debacle

4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

dont think he will be selected again in tests for sometime,he will be the scapegoat for this debacle

they like him since he can avg around 35 (excluding this tour) with the bat. even though he is not a bowler, eng mindset is that he is "lead spinner" who also can avg 35. hence, they won't drop him. most likely stoneman will be the scapegoat. vince will also not be discarded since he has powerful backers.

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

they like him since he can avg around 35 (excluding this tour) with the bat. even though he is not a bowler, eng mindset is that he is "lead spinner" who also can avg 35. hence, they won't drop him. most likely stoneman will be the scapegoat. vince will also not be discarded since he has powerful backers.

i think their mindset will change post this series,sky commentators have already started talking about it,you may also see some raw fast bowlers introduced

5 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

i think their mindset will change post this series,sky commentators have already started talking about it,you may also see some raw fast bowlers introduced

eng lacks any genuine pacers who also have control apart from josh tongue, and even he can bowl in low 140s (not mid to high 140s) steadily. they have a couple of others who have pace but no control like garton.

10 minutes ago, Vijy said:

eng lacks any genuine pacers who also have control apart from josh tongue, and even he can bowl in low 140s (not mid to high 140s) steadily. they have a couple of others who have pace but no control like garton.

i heard jofra archer will be playing for eng soon