NADA at risk of losing affiliation if BCCI stays reluctant for cricketers' dope test, warns WADA

7 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:
16 hours ago, Khota said:
WADA is not looking at internal turmoil in BCCI. Paranoid much?

So this is a coincidence?WADA was sleeping since 2009?

It is taking time to get compliance. There are lots of nations involved.

14 hours ago, cricketrulez said:

1) so US professional sports don't comply with WADA and WADA has not threatened all US athletes but WADA is threatening India and Indian sports and you are okay with it.

2) why does it have to as rigorous as WADA? just becos u want it to be. Testing should be sport specific.

3) Do all olympic athletes follow WADA? like lebron, durant etc etc? sounds like they are more special than Bolt. Yeah Kohli and dhoni are more special than bolt. Suck it.

4) Universal standard set by who? Horses for courses.

1) Some sports do some dont. They comply with USDA which is acrredited. They caught Lance not WADA. What more do you want?

2) It has to be so that it is uniform. Do you have problem with fairness/

3) In your mind Dhoni is more special than Bolt. Right now in my mind dhoni is struggling to keep his place.

3) Universal - read the definition.

You seem to have lot of problem with authority.

11 hours ago, Lannister said:

BCCI is just behaving like a whore in this case who wants to seek attention no matter the situation. If its followed by other nations and teams, just stop bitching about it and accept it. As if their testing standards are world class that don't need outside help.

You got your analogies mixed up. WADA is the one trying to sell itself and its certification.

That makes WADA the whore and you and guys like you its pimp.

44 minutes ago, Khota said:

1) Some sports do some dont. They comply with USDA which is acrredited. They caught Lance not WADA. What more do you want?

3) In your mind Dhoni is more special than Bolt. Right now in my mind dhoni is struggling to keep his place.

You are a glutton for punishment.

1a) applying the same analogy, BCCIO doesn;t apply Whereavouts clause and doesn;t care what WADA thiinks similar to NFL, NBA, NHL, ML, UEFA, La liga etc etc

Regarding USADA accreditation, read and weep.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/10539083/travis-tygart-usada-head-questions-nba-drug-testing-program

1b) Lance was caught by federal authorities via testimony by Floyd landis who was in the dock for perjury. It was not WADA, not UCI or not USADA testing that led to Lance getting caught. The case broken open by Floyd Landis getting busted using  connection to.testing method that I have remote connection in developing.

2) You JUST admitted that some sports apply it some sports don't. SO why bother with universal and uniform standards if you are not going to apply it for everyone?

3) so? People age and physical skills decline. I fell like arguing with a juvenile

4) Read where I pointed out your hypocrisy about universal.

Haven't come across anybody this stupid on ICF for a while.

7 hours ago, cricketrulez said:

You are a glutton for punishment.

1a) applying the same analogy, BCCIO doesn;t apply Whereavouts clause and doesn;t care what WADA thiinks similar to NFL, NBA, NHL, ML, UEFA, La liga etc etc

Regarding USADA accreditation, read and weep.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/10539083/travis-tygart-usada-head-questions-nba-drug-testing-program

1b) Lance was caught by federal authorities via testimony by Floyd landis who was in the dock for perjury. It was not WADA, not UCI or not USADA testing that led to Lance getting caught. The case broken open by Floyd Landis getting busted using  connection to.testing method that I have remote connection in developing.

2) You JUST admitted that some sports apply it some sports don't. SO why bother with universal and uniform standards if you are not going to apply it for everyone?

3) so? People age and physical skills decline. I fell like arguing with a juvenile

4) Read where I pointed out your hypocrisy about universal.

Haven't come across anybody this stupid on ICF for a while.

Go read what I said.

(1) It was fear of perjury that got these guys. That is why none of them sues.

(2) Once again NFL can do it 6 times. That is rigorous.

(3) Once again you are not getting the concept thru. Cricket for Tests there will be no choice as other nations are doing it. IPL can do its thing

For the last time whether you like it or not if India has to play tests whereabout clause will be implemented. Your half baked facts wont get you anywhere because you are on the wrong side of history. Smell the coffee.

7 hours ago, cricketrulez said:

You got your analogies mixed up. WADA is the one trying to sell itself and its certification.

WADA is for uniformity of standard. I dont see how it affects anyone. People are so stupid that they need to realize that it helps India the most.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Go read what I said.

(1) It was fear of perjury that got these guys. That is why none of them sues.

(2) Once again NFL can do it 6 times. That is rigorous.

(3) Once again you are not getting the concept thru. Cricket for Tests there will be no choice as other nations are doing it. IPL can do its thing

For the last time whether you like it or not if India has to play tests whereabout clause will be implemented. Your half baked facts wont get you anywhere because you are on the wrong side of history. Smell the coffee.

1) You said USDA, the testing agency caught Lance.  here is what you wrote

Some sports do some dont. They comply with USDA which is acrredited. They caught Lance not WADA. What more do you want?

It is USADA, not USDA and NO, they did not catch Lance. It is Floyd Landis testimony that implicated Lance. The US attorney's office. Not the testing agency. Hope you are not too stupid to know the difference.

2) NFL allows up to 6 tests and that too is a urine test, a very easy one to beat for PED's. The most common drug of choice these days is HGH which is not detectable by urine test. It is only detectable by blood test, which the NFL doesn't use.

3) ICC signed with WADA in 2006.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/about/integrity/anti-doping/code

The ICC became a signatory of World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) in July 2006

BCCI has ignored WADA for 11+ years with zero consequence. Why didn't WADA try to ban all Indian athletes back in 2009 when this bruhaha came about first time?

My half baked facts? you have been dodging left and right like Richard Nixon and have not refuted a single fact.

As I said, WADA put whereabouts clause in place more than a decade ago for just about all olympic sports and have tried to implement with FIFA and UEFA and failed miserably and had to make compromises of all sorts.

Tried to arm twist BCCI in 2008-2009 and failed miserably. 10 years of nothing and now they are trying again while BCCI is handcuffed. I'll support BCCI. WADA can go * itself.

Edited by cricketrulez
22 minutes ago, cricketrulez said:

1) You said USDA, the testing agency caught Lance.  here is what you wrote

Some sports do some dont. They comply with USDA which is acrredited. They caught Lance not WADA. What more do you want?

It is USADA, not USDA and NO, they did not catch Lance. It is Floyd Landis testimony that implicated Lance. The US attorney's office. Not the testing agency. Hope you are not too stupid to know the difference.

2) NFL allows up to 6 tests and that too is a urine test, a very easy one to beat for PED's. The most common drug of choice these days is HGH which is not detectable by urine test. It is only detectable by blood test, which the NFL doesn't use.

3) ICC signed with WADA in 2006.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/about/integrity/anti-doping/code

The ICC became a signatory of World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) in July 2006

BCCI has ignored WADA for 11+ years with zero consequence. Why didn't WADA try to ban all Indian athletes back in 2009 when this bruhaha came about first time?

My half baked facts? you have been dodging left and right like Richard Nixon .

As I said, WADA put whereabouts clause in place more than a decade ago for just about all olympic sports and have tried to implement with FIFA and UEFA and failed miserably and had to make compromises of all sorts.

Tried to arm twist BCCI in 2008-2009 and failed miserably. 10 years of nothing and now they are trying again while BCCI is handcuffed. I'll support BCCI. WADA can go * itself.

First I thought I will ignore you but you are like bad rash. USADA was on his tail for a long time. They were not giving up.

Read this

Lance Armstrong has announced that he will no longer fight accusations from the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that he used performance-enhancing drugs during his historic cycling career. Though the seven-time Tour de France winner still asserts his innocence, he now faces the loss of all the titles and associated prize money he has won since 1998. But what set Armstrong's epic fall from grace in motion and why is it culminating now? Life's Little Mysteries explains.  

Most damaging to Armstrong's claims to innocence has been mounting testimony from former teammates and associates who say they have witnessed or shared in Armstrong's alleged doping practices. Indeed, the USADA case that caused Armstrong to back down from arbitration rests in large part on a group of 10 former teammates who the agency says will testify to having firsthand knowledge of Armstrong's doping.

The USADA accuses Armstrong of using EPO, human growth hormone, testosterone, anti-inflammatory steroids and various masking agents used to cover up his other alleged abuses. The agency claims to have physical evidence for Armstrong's supposed "blood doping," a practice designed to boost an athlete's red blood cell count that can either involve blood transfusions or the use of synthetic EPO.

Nothing will convince you.

Let me repeat BCCI will comply with whereabouts clause if other test nations do. No more solo bs for attention etc.

12 minutes ago, chapetmarunga said:

looks like WADA is imposing itself , looking to strike in a time of turbulence & become a monopoly of sorts. fck em to hell. Show them their place. 

There has to be a uniform standard. I know it is coming.

44 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

what is WADA? why should BCCI accept WADA guidelines? To be honest, I do not care.

World Anti Doping Agency.

It may be intrusive but they are trying to get uniform standard across. There is lot of complaining on this thread but in the end the whereabout clause will be implemented. BCCI might get some face saving but their resistance is futile.

You should care because it is to the benefit of India that the standard is uniform. Their is invasion of privacy but that is for all athletes. You dont want cheats to play the game.

Edited by Khota
23 minutes ago, Khota said:

World Anti Doping Agency.

It may be intrusive but they are trying to get uniform standard across. There is lot of complaining on this thread but in the end the whereabout clause will be implemented. BCCI might get some face saving but their resistance is futile.

You should care because it is to the benefit of India that the standard is uniform. Their is invasion of privacy but that is for all athletes. You dont want cheats to play the game.

I still dont care. it is a free world.  No player or board is forced comply with them and become their bitches.

FIFA and UEFA reject WADA "whereabouts" rule

FIFA and UEFA reject WADA "whereabouts" rule

Following the joint meeting with the team sports' federations held in Vienna on 8 December 2008, and further to the unanimous decision of the FIFA Executive Committee in Zurich on 19 March 2009, and the unanimous decision of the UEFA Executive Committee in Copenhagen on 24 March 2009.

The governing bodies of FIFA and UEFA formally reject the stance taken by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) concerning the "whereabouts" rule and, more specifically, the individual location of team-sport athletes.

FIFA and UEFA want to stress the fundamental differences between an individual athlete, who trains on his own, on the one hand, and a team-sport athlete, who is present at the stadium six days out of seven, and thus easy to locate, on the other hand.

FIFA and UEFA therefore oppose the individual "whereabouts" rule, and want to see it replaced by collective location rules, within the scope of the team and within the stadium infrastructure.

But but only BCCi opposes whereabout clause.:lmao

2 hours ago, Khota said:

First I thought I will ignore you but you are like bad rash. USADA was on his tail for a long time. They were not giving up.

Read this

Lance Armstrong has announced that he will no longer fight accusations from the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that he used performance-enhancing drugs during his historic cycling career. Though the seven-time Tour de France winner still asserts his innocence, he now faces the loss of all the titles and associated prize money he has won since 1998. But what set Armstrong's epic fall from grace in motion and why is it culminating now? Life's Little Mysteries explains.  

Most damaging to Armstrong's claims to innocence has been mounting testimony from former teammates and associates who say they have witnessed or shared in Armstrong's alleged doping practices. Indeed, the USADA case that caused Armstrong to back down from arbitration rests in large part on a group of 10 former teammates who the agency says will testify to having firsthand knowledge of Armstrong's doping.

The USADA accuses Armstrong of using EPO, human growth hormone, testosterone, anti-inflammatory steroids and various masking agents used to cover up his other alleged abuses. The agency claims to have physical evidence for Armstrong's supposed "blood doping," a practice designed to boost an athlete's red blood cell count that can either involve blood transfusions or the use of synthetic EPO.

Nothing will convince you.

Let me repeat BCCI will comply with whereabouts clause if other test nations do. No more solo bs for attention etc.

1) every agency was after Lance for a while? wow that changes everything! 

It can be news only to guys like you that every agency was after him. The point is none of them had any proof from any of the tests. If they did, they would have busted him during competition. they wouldn't have wait till they had floyd landis got busted

All the breaks in the case came from not testing agencies, but law enforcement. Operation Puerto ring a bell. So give it a rest about Lance or I'll embarrass you further.

2) ICC signed with WADA in 2006. ECB, CA and even PCB have claimed they have been "fully" compliant since 2006. 13 years of nothing with BCCI giving the finger and all of sudden WADA decides to threaten NADA to get to BCCI. even guys who have had lobotomy can understand the game being played by WADA.

3) the discussion is not will BCCI comply, the debate is should they? Given the clowns in charge of BCCI now, anything is possible. I would not be surprised if Shashank manohar initiated this.

Edited by cricketrulez
13 hours ago, cricketrulez said:

You are just being stupid. If other sportsperson in the country can follow the same set of rules, then Cricketers are no exception either. Its upto NADA to decide whether to include that clause or not, and its accredited sporting bodies should just shut up and follow it. 

18 hours ago, Khota said:

No one caught Lance on basis of sample. Same is true for every cyclist.

Same is also true for all the Spanish Super human football team.