Shubman Gill or P. Shaw --- who is better?

gakgupta

Gill looks class for our ODI’s already who can look to accelerate at most times

Shaw and Gill both can be future test prospect but only time will tell how they take their talent to the next level and how they adapt the tough times in test cricket and FC cricket failures which they might come across down the line as they get into their 20s.

Too early to say but both look good.

I only get excited when I see a batsman who has 4 qualities....to find a perfect batsman

1. Good solid foundation i.e. technique

2. Crisp shots all along the ground 360°

3. Ability to clear the boundary when acceleration is needed.

4. Plays short ball well both leaving or hook/pull.

1 and 2 are most important for a very young batsman 3 & 4 can be developed later. Virat had 1 and 2 from the beginning.

But Mr. Gill looks to have everything but will wait watching him against better attacks in knockouts

Prithvi is very poor against short ball and I doubt he could clear boundary in the middle overs because of his physique.

16 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Dude cut this Mumbai this nonsense . Irrelevant 

look at the amzing batting . Watch him . Sensation . Run machine as well .

kids made for batting . If this kid is not the real deal I will never post on icf again . Never seen such batting at this age since ......

Dude you posted same stuff about Rohit sharma. 

2 minutes ago, SUMO said:

I only get excited when I see a batsman who has 4 qualities....to find a perfect batsman

1 and 2 are most important for a very young batsman 3 & 4 can be developed later. Virat had 1 and 2 from the beginning.

But Mr. Gill looks to have everything but will wait watching him against better attacks in knockouts

Prithvi is very poor against short ball and I doubt he could clear boundary in the middle overs because of his physique.

Yup noticed same he struggles a bit with short ball. But he is young so may be tweak his technique. Hitting sixes is more about timing so I am ok with that.

Edited by gattaca
On 1/20/2018 at 6:44 PM, SUMO said:

shaw should not be seen as an ODI player. he is much more suited for tests. in ODIs, he also has an annoying tendency to flash at everything.

33 minutes ago, Vijy said:

shaw should not be seen as an ODI player. he is much more suited for tests. in ODIs, he also has an annoying tendency to flash at everything.

Yes at the moment he is not suited for ODI cricket but he could be very useful in tests. Someone who can play counter attacking impact innings.

He likes to drive and punch everything outside off stump but his control percentage was very good from what I saw in the finals.

He anticipates the amount of swing and drives on the up taking the swing into consideration, something which you will never see from rohit or dhawan.

This kid has class definitely.