Why are Indian test bowlers quicker than Pakistani bowlers?

Nikhil_cric

5 hours ago, speedheat said:

That's not true, akhtars action was legal he had hyperextension arm , he was freak, yes junaid and ajmal are blatant chuckers though

He was bending. he claimed it was a scooter accident and that is a disability. If you believe that then I have news for you.

4 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Umm... Ajmal has not been in our Test for the past two years I believe?

How? Shoaib had a disablity. Bret Lee’s action was not illegal. 

Lot of your sucess was Ajmal.

Do you really believe Sohaib had disability?

Brett knew his fast bowls were chucked.

3 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

The world lol let’s look at performances and rankings . And trust me let’s not go in to what world thinks on pak , won’t be pretty reading 

Dont know aboit the world but this is what a worldclass batsman thinks of the india and pak bowling attacks.

Dunno why some are talking about the quality of the pace attack when this thread is about speed. Well let's just introduce a dose of reality shall we? Wahab is the only test  fast bowler who is rated slightly ahead of Yadav. Shami is the highest rated pacer at 19 and Ishant,Umesh,Lakmal,Pradeep and even Bhuvaneshwar are rated ahead of Aamir, Abbas etc. In other words India have the best and fastest pace attack from Asia. Please learn to accept fact, brothers from across the border. :)

35 minutes ago, the don said:

Dont know aboit the world but this is what a worldclass batsman thinks of the india and pak bowling attacks.

4 years ago when you had chuckers allowed to control the run flow and Junaid to chuck at the death. This is about LOIs anyway. This SA test team squared a series in the UAE while they were demolished in India 3 zip.

6 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Yasir has taken that burden now. 

He did. He was born with hyper extension arm. His medicial records showed that. He had other problems but the man was a determined machine. He bowled his heart out even at times he could have ended his career.

Than why wasn’t he caught?

Same reason as why Murali was not caught. BCCI started asserting its power and the pushback started against England and Australia. That time PCB and BCCI were friends. Now there is a division and all chuckers are being reported.

Hyperextension is a fancy way of saying chucking. These childhood accidents are very coommon to subcontinent players. Even Murali was born with a defect if you believe.

The only tunda I know was in Lagaan not in real life.

5 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Dunno why some are talking about the quality of the pace attack when this thread is about speed. Well let's just introduce a dose of reality shall we? Wahab is the only test  fast bowler who is rated slightly ahead of Yadav. Shami is the highest rated pacer at 19 and Ishant,Umesh,Lakmal,Pradeep and even Bhuvaneshwar are rated ahead of Aamir, Abbas etc. In other words India have the best and fastest pace attack from Asia. Please learn to accept fact, brothers from across the border. :)

They will not.

6 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Yasir has taken that burden now. 

He did. He was born with hyper extension arm. His medicial records showed that. He had other problems but the man was a determined machine. He bowled his heart out even at times he could have ended his career.

Than why wasn’t he caught?

Did Yasir take drugs or I am confused?

18 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

You are confused. Yasir Shah has become the lead spinner of Pakistan Test team. We no longer miss Ajmal.

No I am not confused. He was taking drugs and was banned for sometime.

I agree you no longer miss ajmal as you have decent bowling.

14 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

You can call it what you want. All I know is these bowlers were bowling when the rules allowed them to bowl that way. So it does not make there achievements any lesser than what they are. As they bowled with in the rules. 

There are people who are within the rules and there are people who bend the rules  I have no respect for people who cheat at that level to gain advantage. They tain the sport and just because they are not caught does not mean anything.

18 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Ok and?

Akthar was not cheating. He really had hyper extension arm and had other issues that was restricting him from playing as many Tests as he could have.

So you casually dismiss Yasirs cheating and doping as if nothing happened. Did I read that correctly?

Like I said physics just does not allow those speeds currently. He was throwing or hyper extending whatever you want to call it.

12 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

He got banned for it and payed his due. What more should I do? 

He was not throwing. He bowled legit. At the time the rules allowed it and bowling at that speed is not easy even if you attempt to throw. What you consider morally correct is irrelevant. Thats just something in your head. I bet if Shoaib was a Indian bowler you would not care.

These guys were cheating. One got aught and other did not. If blatant cheating and taking PEDS is irrelevant to you than we have nothing to discuss on this topic.

For the record if an Indian bowler was doing this I would be equally upset.

On 11/12/2017 at 8:18 PM, express bowling said:

Reasons why India has started to produce lots of fast and fast-medium bowlers in this decade

1.  India has become very strong economically. According to the IMF World Economic Outlook 2017, India will be 6th in the World in  terms of Nominal GDP and 3rd in the World in terms of PPP GDP   http://statisticstimes.com/economy/countries-by-projected-gdp.php . This has led to a lot of money flowing into cricket  ...  and cricket infrastructure, which include pace bowling infrastructure,  have improved a lot. This has also resulted in Indians becoming very confident and mentally aggressive, which help fast bowling.
  2. Much improved  economy and the IPL have resulted in cricket becoming a lucrative or viable profession for even the fringe cricketers and this is resulting in more talent coming in which includes pace bowling talent.
  3. Focus on fitness, strength training and stamina training have improved a lot. This helps fast bowling, especially increasing core strength, stamina and flexibility.
  4. Umesh, Shami and Aaron  giving confidence to young Indian pacers that Indians too can bowl fast for multiple years.
  5. Interacting with lots of top bowling coaches and top pacers in the IPL.
  6. Emergence of fast-bowling culture in India as a result of points 1 to 5 above.  Almost every young Indian pacer wants to bowl quick and hit the deck hard.
  7. Selecting players from all over India, including small towns and villages has given us access to a much larger talent pool. This was not the case till 2003.

I predict that we are seeing just the tip of the iceberg. By 2025 or maybe even earlier, India will have the fastest as well as the best pace bowling attack in the world, .

Agree with every point about Indian pace and public. That doesnt explain why Pakistani pacers are pathetic, For example Look at other nations like England, Africa, Windies, Aussies , Lankans even Bangladesh. They all are producing pacers and on average increasing the speed by half a mile to few miles.

Whether Pakistani fans agree or not, there is marked decline in Pakistani pace. Gone are days of Akhtar, Waqar,Wasim days. That seems allmost two decades ago. Their last decent test bowler was Ajmal emulating Saqlain. There current best is convited Fixer Aamir who is nowhere in the league of those players.

World Cricket has mooved on. Pakistanis seem to have given up on catching. Give it 5 -10 more years, I wont be surprised if Pakistanis pacers will go into associate league pacers. Because there is nothing for Pakistani kids to emulate too. They havent got a pioneer who their new generation of kids can look to. Simple as that.