Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Shikhar Dhawan have been released from India's Test team .Vijay Shankar named Bhuvneshwar's replacement

11 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

Just goes to show that you do not follow A tours. Nair averaged 9.5 and 34 in the last two A tours and consistently failed against the A team pacers. As he proved even in the Australia home series he is not a great player of quality pace, just more of a spin basher. By your own definition if he cant score in A tours, he definitely cant score in International tours and hence has been duly scrapped by team management who have more insight into players performance than us keyboard warriors.

Shankar is seen as a technically better batsman than Nair and being a handy swing bowler is given a chance.

I dont recall him doing anything exceptional. I am not sure he took any wickets either and cant justify him as a batsman. I will have to check.

I hatethe word technically when it comes to batting. 

5 hours ago, Khota said:

I would definitely take Nair but not over Rohit. Rohit is a very capable batsman when he applies himself. 

Wait , what 

Rohit is a capable batsman in test when he applies himself.....so we shud persist with till that one day he applies

Dhawan is a better batsman then vijay...............

and u were telling i shud learn cricket,u have no idea what test cricket is.............u really have to start watching cricket beyond IPL

if shankar 's bowling is even weaker than BInny's bowling then he will not have a future in international cricket.

Kedar Jadhav as a part time Spinner in ODI's have been a HIT as he has always slowed the run rate or got wickets when required, as a batsman kedar has been miserable though kedar had the MOST POTENTIAL as a Batsman so Kedar has been doing the ALL ROUNDER"S job and bcos his lower trajectory bowling is still difficult to be played, he is still in the reckoning.

even Solid batsman like RAHANE have not been able to make his ODI position permanent at no 5 ,even Manish Pandey is a very Solid Batsman and Shreyas IYEr is a HITTING power house so it is not possible for SHankar to beat Manish Pandey/shreyas iyer/Kedar Jadhav purely as a Batsman...jadhav is played not bcos he is better than shreyas and Manish as a batsman but bcos of his allround potential so what i wanna say is shankar has to be an all rounder otherwise he will play only in domestic circuit. lets see how his bowling performs as Hardik Pandya's bowling has performed at critical times.

Umesh needs to pull his socks in the next test else he may be replaced soon.

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Wait , what 

Rohit is a capable batsman in test when he applies himself.....so we shud persist with till that one day he applies

and u were telling i shud learn cricket,u have no idea what test cricket is.............u really have to start watching cricket beyond IPL

We did the same with him in odi's. If you search icf, There were so many threads about Rohit going to sleep during a match

19 minutes ago, mishra said:

We did the same with him in odi's. If you search icf, There were so many threads about Rohit going to sleep during a match

See in ODi he was given a diff position and then ODI doesnt test a batsman that way.........and i dnt think there was too much of a better talent then rohit also in ODI at that time but in test there is iyer , nair , shankar, bawne, vihari and most of all at his position we need an all rounder

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Wait , what 

I will not watch test cricket. I have watched it a lot and I really dont have that much time to waste.

I will repeat what I said , I will pick Rohit and Dhawan over Vijay anytime. Nothing against Vijay.

Success in T20 and ODI easily translates to tests not vice versa. 

Rohit is a very sound batsman and yes he can score in any format.

2 hours ago, mishra said:

No we just gave him the easiest spot in ODI cricket . Take him out of that comfort zone hes the same crap old batsmen . 

And that will not work in tests , cos there are not easy batting positions in tests. 

18 minutes ago, Khota said:

I will not watch test cricket. I have watched it a lot and I really dont have that much time to waste.

I will repeat what I said , I will pick Rohit and Dhawan over Vijay anytime. Nothing against Vijay.

Since you hate the word "technically" I will assume sound batsmen means something else here 

9 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Since you hate the word "technically" I will assume sound batsmen means something else here 

Technically to me is a code word for someone pretending to be a batsman but cannot score runs. If you prefer I could change the word sound to good but technically is something I never understood.

26 minutes ago, Khota said:

U will not watch test cricket but u will comment on it 

U have watched enough test cricket........when , were ??????

1st dhawan over vijay

Now rohit Over Vijay:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

GEM ALERT:GEM ALERT:GEM ALERT:GEM ALERT:GEM ALERT:GEM ALERT:GEM ALERT:GEM ALERT:GEM ALERT:

:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

Hmmm

Yuvraj singh, raina, rohit sharma, pollard  cudnt........

Not vice versa- Amla , Dravid 

If only that was important .........

Technically bhi usme 50 jhol hai 

52 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

No we just gave him the easiest spot in ODI cricket . Take him out of that comfort zone hes the same crap old batsmen . 

And that will not work in tests , cos there are not easy batting positions in tests. 

I dont think opening slot is easy spot with two new balls. However Dhawan and Kohli ensure that Rohitji isnt under pressure of giving away so many dot balls.

Now, If it wasnt Rohit ji creating the pressure, I believe Dhawans average may be about 5+ more runs, i.e 50+-runs.

But no one is ready to quantify the pressure thing and question Rohitji.

Sher (Lion-Kohli) ke peeth par Bater(Qual-Rohit)

Quial on Lions back. Not easy to hunt that Quail

Edited by mishra
11 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

U will not watch test cricket but u will comment on it 

U have watched enough test cricket........when , were ??????

1st dhawan over vijay

Now rohit Over Vijay:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

GEM ALERT:GEM ALERT:GEM ALERT:GEM ALERT:GEM ALERT:GEM ALERT:GEM ALERT:GEM ALERT:GEM ALERT:

:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

Hmmm

Yuvraj singh, raina, rohit sharma, pollard  cudnt........

Not vice versa- Amla , Dravid 

If only that was important .........

Technically bhi usme 50 jhol hai 

I have watched enough. I really dont need to answer when and where as that is not relevant.

Dhawan over Vijay was easy  so is Rohit. I was correct about Dhawan and I am pretty sure about Rohit too.

See my comments about Yuvraj before posting.

6 hours ago, Khota said:

I have watched enough. I really dont need to answer when and where as that is not relevant.

Dhawan over Vijay was easy  so is Rohit. I was correct about Dhawan and I am pretty sure about Rohit too.

See my comments about Yuvraj before posting.

Correct about dhawan , how ????? he smashed a minnow 

May be u need to look at rohit test career over all

Kohli stressed the importance of a seam-bowling allrounder in overseas conditions, and said India had picked Vijay Shankar in their squad for Nagpur to try him out as a back-up for Hardik Pandya, who has been rested.

"He [Shankar] has been very consistent. He has earned his spot," Kohli said. "We wanted to look at another allrounder keeping in mind that it's a very important aspect of the team going forward. Obviously, Hardik is in our scheme of things as our first allrounder. But we need to, obviously, find out more people who have that capability and whom we can groom and make as back-ups for the allrounder's slot, which is very, very crucial for us when we travel abroad.

"That is the whole idea of bringing him in and keeping him in the set-up and making him familiar with what's going on here and making him understand what he needs to work on and look at his game as well. He is a pretty balanced cricketer, he is very composed. He is handy with the ball - he can easily give you 10-12 overs a day - and he is very solid with the bat. I just saw him at the nets. Big moment for him. He has earned it, as I said."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/21525239/seam-friendly-tracks-sl-only-way-prepare-sa-kohli

High chances that Vijay Shankar debuts tomorrow

On 11/20/2017 at 10:48 PM, Cricketics said:

Great to see Shankar being tried, good to see selector recognizing him. This just increases competition for Pandya and will only push him to do better. We need need such competitions among players.

Another one I can think of is Ishan Kishan and Pant competing for keeping spot for any format.

i kinda feel Jadeja will be replaced by Vijay Shankar tomorrow.

ishant will replace bhuvi in the 11. 

rest same team.